Notices

Plasti dip! Found it!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it a good idea to use this stuff to black-out our roofs?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt use it to do ur roof, cuz its hard to make it dry nice and even w/o blemish on large surfaces
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh I see, thanks for the info.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have made up my mind I am going to paint my new lip and hood in this until i can afford the paint job

Last edited by evo_soul; Jun 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

You gonna be selling battle damage once this arrives ??? if so, dibs
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
You gonna be selling battle damage once this arrives ??? if so, dibs
jappaswat called dibs 1st, I already tried.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 way death match is on me. hahha bets are on Hydrolikz for the hight advantage. Or maybe Will with his double leg drop kick.

hahah

I will ask japaswat what he wants to do. for the front, because he it will need work. I am selling it cheap for that reason.

The splitter took most of the impact so it should be ok overall.

Last edited by evo_soul; Jun 24, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

jappa wud definatly win, since hes asian, all asians know kung fu, and we all know how to fly

WATCH OUT!!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:19 AM

^^^
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

^^Lol!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:56 AM

yo eric why u letting them know our secret :O

lol so anyway over the weekend i decided to plasti dip my spoiler... and i fked up.... i shall post pictures later in this thread =__=
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:25 AM

Ok so like i said i would, i posted my plasti-dip experience, and i have to say, plasti dip is a pain in the *** for large surfaces. I would definetly recommend what absolute has already stated, plasti dip grille, vinyl bumper. the stuff is a dust/dirt magnet and because of the rubbery texture. I do plan to repaint my vortex generator in the future.. just bc i dont like the way mine turned out. anyway here are my project pics

Here is my first picture of my spoiler removed and my VG already plastidipped. I simply cleaned my vg, wiped it off, and sprayed it as evenly as i could. its especialy hard to plastidip something that is already black (even if its gloss) bc its hard to tell whether or not the damn thing has been sprayed or not

I used green painters tape to tape off the edges that i dont want plasti dipped. pretty much everything i just taped off the side, left the insets, and also left the complete underside of my bumper to be plasti dipped. the first layer was ok, and had no trouble

anyway later that day i went for a second layer, and then my can ran out. plastidip started to come off in chunks and made it uneven. looked really really damn ugly so i ripped it off. this pic is for those of u who wonder what it looks like coming off. its kind of like ripping a garbage bag stretched over your car. it peels off the same way too. my bumper is as clean and unscratched as b4 the plastidip

Heres a close up of my VG installed. I dont like the overspray. i really dont like the overspray. this is what happens when u spray a black part and u cant tell whether or not its had a layer on it yet, once u spray subsequent coats, it becomes uneven if your first coat was not even to begin with

hers a pic of the complete spoiler and back on my car. its actually really damn subtle (the matte black insets and underside of spoiler) which is exactly what i wanted. u cant see it well in the pic, and ill probably have more pics of the **** job i did later, but the edges are really hard to get clean. once u rip off the tape from something youve masked off, the plastidip comes off with it. the whole idea of ripping the masking tape off as soon as u spray it doesnt work either, bc the stuff dries REALLY quick.

and finally a shot of the complete project. i took all these pics with my phone, so u cant REALLY see the difference. to make my point, my roof is vinyled matte black, but if i didnt tell u that u probably wouldnt know that it was vinyled. i really like what i did with the spoiler, though the edges are kind of rough.. i might end up vinyling the insets later instead (cus i majorly screwed up on the spoiler inset so bad that i am embarassed to post pics)

anyway hope this helps anyone who is thinking about doing this kind of stuff.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

nice job on the wing =)
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

how good can this handle heat??? once you peel this off is it still reusable?? Im thinking of slapping this on my hood for long drives in the states...
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

i think its good up to 200F

and u cant reuse it once u peel it off

Quick Reply: Plasti dip! Found it!