Notices

Plasti dip! Found it!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... I'm so happy I had the dealer not put a front plate at all. No holes is such a nice clean look
Old Jun 19, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Homedepot ....... no, Canadian tire........no, Wal-mart...........no, Franks Hardware ........no, Canadian Hobbies...........no, Didn't try Rona or Lowes. Even though Rona is next door to home depot...or is that lowes. I get confused. Dro you know which one it is?? ahh doesn't matter
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depending on what home depot you go to some have it some dont.. the girl at the one in south barrie said it looks to be discontinued which would explain the small quantities left at the locations which do have a few sitting around.

has anyone put this product through sub zero winter temperatures, salt, sand, and hot 30+ degree weather of the summer?

I remain skeptical that a peelable paint can be that durable over time and through the elements.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

here it is dried in the morning

up close

Last edited by absolute; Jun 20, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:49 AM

^looks good, man!
mine turned out alright - a few tiny shiny dots on the right side of the grille (coz i tripped while i was doing the last coat and i ludged forward) but you cant really see unless the grille is half a foot from your eyes..

I'll do the bumper hopefully tomorrow..
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:33 PM

you know what that matte black bumper with the PB lancer looks way better than i thought it would.. definetly worthwhile and yo what were those studs called (the ones u got from home depot) and is it possible to somehow make the studs flat (maybe by hitting it with a hammer?) im assuming there were no flat ones at home depot..
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

actually the de/se/gt/gts is tarmac black pearl X42 heheh

and the studs were just called ''hole plugs'' LOL but yea u can find them in homedepot in one of those drawers

and u cant flaten them bcuz notice how there are sorta clips on the back, these will keep ur plugs inplace and not fall out while driving. its a snug fit
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:44 PM

Hooray for cheaply done car work that still looks good!!

I got my first show of the season tomorrow though it's mostly for old muscle cars so I'll be way out of place but there's usually a few ricey civics and cavs thrown in there somewhere haha if I park with them I wont stand out so much.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor

just talked to a source in the states he is going to try to send me 5 cans for 40 dollars shipped. if it pans out then i will just ship a whole bunch bulk
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
just talked to a source in the states he is going to try to send me 5 cans for 40 dollars shipped. if it pans out then i will just ship a whole bunch bulk
for your rims?!?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Cant ship flammable / explosive materials anymore. I tried getting a can of VHT nightshade and it wasnt allowed over the border.I think you could try get him to box it up and declare it as something else, but you may run the risk of it been delayed / denied.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:39 AM

home hardware wasn't willing to order it in for you? When i was looking everywhere for this stuff a few of them mentioned they can order it in for you at no extra cost. As long as they are suppposed to stock it they can order it.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
I just put the chrome back on after not having it since January...LOL

It's RA'd again

look great! where did you get the chrome that runs all around though? im thinking about doing this on my lancer too.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Greedy_son
Cant ship flammable / explosive materials anymore. I tried getting a can of VHT nightshade and it wasnt allowed over the border.I think you could try get him to box it up and declare it as something else, but you may run the risk of it been delayed / denied.
you have to upgrade the shipping, they will ship it but put a fee for handling hazard materials..
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pavlo_K
look great! where did you get the chrome that runs all around though? im thinking about doing this on my lancer too.
Canadian Tire for $16.99

Quick Reply: Plasti dip! Found it!