Notices

gt custom exhausts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009 | 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by WoW
...And Magnaflows uses a 'Straight Through' design on their mufflers.... so....
really? didnt know that, thought only the works exhaust is like that, u do any reserach on the tsudo n1? LOL... planning on gettin that sometime this week.

yea i kinda tested out the straight pipe affect by just taking off the muffler, the way i see it, if the straight pipe is just a pipe form the flange out n nothing else, i would think that just disconnecting the flange itself would give u a similar affect... sounds way too loud and it felt weaker too... lol... so yea... planning to get the tsudo, if u got any background info on that exhaust, thatll be great =p

edit: tsudo n1 - 2.5" inlet, 4.5" out, mandrel bends, Inner canister consists of steel wool and white fiberglass, 25% lighter than stock OEM exhaust system, and comes with silencer.... if that helps =p

Last edited by qJai; Aug 2, 2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2009 | 06:56 AM
WoW
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by qJai
really? didnt know that, thought only the works exhaust is like that, u do any reserach on the tsudo n1? LOL... planning on gettin that sometime this week.

yea i kinda tested out the straight pipe affect by just taking off the muffler, the way i see it, if the straight pipe is just a pipe form the flange out n nothing else, i would think that just disconnecting the flange itself would give u a similar affect... sounds way too loud and it felt weaker too... lol... so yea... planning to get the tsudo, if u got any background info on that exhaust, thatll be great =p

edit: tsudo n1 - 2.5" inlet, 4.5" out, mandrel bends, Inner canister consists of steel wool and white fiberglass, 25% lighter than stock OEM exhaust system, and comes with silencer.... if that helps =p
Sorry, no, not specifically research on the Lancer N1s, as... well... i don't even own a lancer. But i'll tell you this.

N1 style exhausts are usually also super free flowing, ie, Huge outlet w/o any sort of baffling. The Name came from a race in japan... Ever heard of the term "Fart Cannon"? Well, there's a "N1" style exhaust for ya!

**The Sliencer will help create some back pressure, however, it looks mighty "ricey" and just plain retarded.

Straight pipe / Test pipes = Dumb, again, unless it's on a Turbo app.

As far as Magnaflows' being free flowing....
Here's a Quote directly off Mag's site.
THE WIDE OPEN PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE!
MagnaFlow Performance mufflers are 100% stainless steel and lap-joint welded for solid construction and rugged reliability even in the most extreme conditions. They feature a free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core, stainless mesh wrap and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone. Mufflers are packed tight with this acoustical material unlike some others' products to ensure long life and no sound degradation over time. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty.

If you were looking for sound and willing to give up a power for it, then, by all means, get a Axle Back.

If you were looking for more power, then i would look into getting headers and a FlowMaster muffler welded in.

hope this helps... off to church!
Old Aug 2, 2009 | 11:13 AM

haha thanks, prob gonna stick with the n1 till i get some headers