Notices

~TLC Brake Upgrade / Replacement Group buy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have yet to see a set of rotors which have been plated to last after a few kms... As soon as you hit the brakes, the coating rubs off when the pads contact the rotor.

In some cases, that rotors have heated to the point where any remaining coating flaked off as well
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:12 AM
WoW
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotime
I have yet to see a set of rotors which have been plated to last after a few kms... As soon as you hit the brakes, the coating rubs off when the pads contact the rotor.

In some cases, that rotors have heated to the point where any remaining coating flaked off as well
My Zinc coated rotors have gone though ~10,000 of street / track and is (Hats, vents and other non-contact surfaces) still spotless and free of rust.

The Coatings are to keep the non-contact surfaces free of corrosion and rust.

My Brakes have been pushed to the point where the rotors have a noticeable glow, even during the day, and still gives off smoke even ~5 after my run. (xp16 pads on OEM Brembo rotors)

It's all about the quality of the coating.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:14 AM
WoW
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
silver on silver on silver with yellow calp's. too plain??
Anything more and it'd be too rice.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WoW
My Zinc coated rotors have gone though ~10,000 of street / track and is (Hats, vents and other non-contact surfaces) still spotless and free of rust.

The Coatings are to keep the non-contact surfaces free of corrosion and rust.

My Brakes have been pushed to the point where the rotors have a noticeable glow, even during the day, and still gives off smoke even ~5 after my run. (xp16 pads on OEM Brembo rotors)

It's all about the quality of the coating.
thats good to know

i got a bit worried when i read turbotimes post and thought about not even plating them @ all.

but i guess since urs has gone thur 10k of street + hard tracking, and they are still fine thats all good im gonna go ahead and plate'em as well.

im sure KVR will do it properly, cuz brembo sources them, and im sure brembo wont let a company who does bad work tarnish them name
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by absolute
thats good to know

i got a bit worried when i read turbotimes post and thought about not even plating them @ all.

but i guess since urs has gone thur 10k of street + hard tracking, and they are still fine thats all good im gonna go ahead and plate'em as well.

im sure KVR will do it properly, cuz brembo sources them, and im sure brembo wont let a company who does bad work tarnish them name
KVR goes to the big name guys to get all their stuff either made by them, or they just grab stuff that they already have in the manufacturers lineup.

So the quality is not in question. Even reading alot of reviews, and cant find to many negatives. As Mr. Swain pointed out to me, everything is top tier stuff, they have no economy or second line products.

Its all or nothing.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:25 AM
Account Disabled

I wasn't knocking their quality... I was just pointing out, if you get the rotors all black or any colour for that matter, you will have a worn ring where the rotor contacts the pad. How well these last is a test of time and obviously subjective to driving conditions so it will be good to see how they hold up.
Like I said near the beginning of this thread, from what I read online, many people seem to be happy with them.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

I have asked about the brake lines, so we will hear back from them hopefully soon

P.S. if anyone wants to 04 05 Lancer RalliArt stuff, you can move forward with that order right now. prices may vary up or down ,but thats pretty much the price. double check, their website to see if more parts are available.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Any warrantys with these? Did notice if anyone asked
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:19 AM

I'm not sure if I can wait up for this.
I was checking out the front brake pads yesterday and they're almost gone.
Unless this gets finalized this week then I might be able to push the service appointment til next week. (that's if shipping doesn't take 2 weeks)
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

When are we expecting to get this deal done for and ready for pick up?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stitchflip
I'm not sure if I can wait up for this.
I was checking out the front brake pads yesterday and they're almost gone.
Unless this gets finalized this week then I might be able to push the service appointment til next week. (that's if shipping doesn't take 2 weeks)
If your safety is being comprimised, then I would just get the service done, to cover the basics. if you buy front pads to get you buy thats 110.45$ at full price at the dealership for pads. If your brake savvy you can install them yourself. Then assuming you buy upgrades, you can always turn around and sell your fresh pads to someone else. so long as your rotors arent super warped. you might be able to recover 50% at least of your OEM purchase.

that said, so much as I want this to move quickly, i cant slam heads together to speed it up.

I am hopeful this can be resolved by the end of the week.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:23 PM

naw..no pressure or anything..
it's just that what they quoted me for everything to be done on the brake part would pretty much be the same price i'd be paying if i get the KVR rotors and pads..and i'd rather have these instead of theirs if i'd be paying the same price

but that's actually a good i dea..i can just have the pads replaced and wait til this dealed get finalized.

but like I said, I can still wait for a week.
I can just schedule my oil change after the dealership registration thingy.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

about warranty, I would say what ever the big name manufacturers say would probably be the same for KVR, but i will wait till my rep gets back to me.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Finally some updates.

Pads will be shipping out first. so if you guys have paypal, you may be able to get your funds to David swain and he can ship over night to you. What your asking is what is the price right. It will be inexpensive. applying our discount over what is currently known about the average pad price. it will be around 75US and even lower.

Sorry it took so long but they want to make sure everything is correct before they release / ship stuff.

so start having your money ready. If your like me, your pad is pretty low. So at least now you can address them, and then get the rotors later.

All in all within the next week or so, the pricing of everything, right down to brake lines will be out there
Old Aug 8, 2009, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

good news and bad news.

Good news is pads are ready and in stock.

You can contact David Swain for ordering for pads. This is for people who are in that situation where their pads are just about at the end of their life and they need an immediate change.

Shipping for pads are going to be about 15 dollars via UPS.

Bad news is, the 75 dollar price tag was incorrect. The pads for are car are of a slightly different spec then the pads they have for the dodge. The list price will be in or around 115 dollars and 110 dollars (US dollar pricing i think). The TLC discount will take that down a fair amount. Please contact David Swain if you urgently require brakes. He will advisse you what the price is when you call.

Paypal can be used for payment as well.

Or contact me if you need other options.

Final Note, Rotors are coming.... so sit tight.

Cheers

Quick Reply: ~TLC Brake Upgrade / Replacement Group buy