Notices

Evo X MR/RalliArt transmission cooler

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X MR/RalliArt transmission cooler

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/m...t-cooling.html

I'm wondering if this will fit the GTS, I want to have the engine run as cool as possible after my next engine mod/s but im looking for something better than RRMs. Will is this the one you were talking about?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Its for the SST, not sure about the CVT
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
Its for the SST, not sure about the CVT
I know, but i'm wondering if something can be done to make it work with the CVTs.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Dro, I think it should be able to work. I don't see why not.
There's no special wiring i see in the picture that is specific to the SST.

Kit Includes

* One of the best oil coolers on the market
* Electric fan that easily wires into the factory fuse box
* Stainless steel brackets for long life and a seamless install
* All necessary hardware and wiring to install in the OEM location and to OEM lines

Looks like just oil feed lines and battery hook up wires. It's just the matter of it fitting in the same space as the SST.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:45 AM

you should determine whether or not the cooling unit is the same as SST and CVT. i would assume the unit will be somewhat bigger for SST than CVT... i suspect it wont be a simple direct-bolt-on.

either way, not to put this product off but i would be careful when using these kind of upgrades. i am going to guess there is some sort of sensor to monitor the temperature(?) of the tranny, this fan might be able to lower the threshold temperature to avoid the warning for an extended period of time, but over long durations of hard driving it might wear down your tranny substantially without you even knowing it (because you dont see the warning, you tihnk it is ok).

e.g. if the warning level is triggered at X degrees, the fan might bring the temperate at a constant X - 1 degree, but logic dictates that if you were to drive heavily at "X - 1" there would still be heavy stress on the tranny.

i could be very wrong, but definitely do some in depth research on the cooling capabilities of this product!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

are you sure you want to turbo a cvt man?????!! i REALLLYYYYYYYYYY think its not worth it! Save the money and buy a sicker car man. just my $0.02. its going to give you a TON of problems! your car will be in the shop like every week! i really dont want you to go thru all that **** man! not worth it at all!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont see why it wouldn't work for your car. After all its a simply oil cooler. I would call ams just to confirm before you drop the money but as long as the inlet and outlet are their on your tranny to feed and receive the oil you should be good to go.

I doubt it would hurt your tranny, its purpose is simple.. cool the oil. If your still overheating the oil your warning light will come on at that point but I would say you would have to be doing some extremely serious auto x pushing big HP. After all its designed for the much larger awd evo x tranny so it might even do better on the smaller cvt.

I disagree with having tons of problems turboing a cvt. Its really no different then any other car. Take care of it, run the proper gauges, cooling and correct boost level for your engine ect. and you should be having a blast like any other guy.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:31 PM

use youre brain.. LOOSER
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robtan77
use youre brain.. LOOSER
First of all WHO are YOU talking to? And what kind've idiotic post is that? And if you used your not youre brain, you wouldn't be making a semi-smart *** comment with grammatical errors in it. douchebag...

Last edited by Hydrolikz; Sep 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

I just found out why this clown posted what he did

Here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ck-robtan.html

Now really? Are you serious enough to want to search my threads and post some retarded ****, just because I don't like 2 parts on your entire car??? And it's not like I was the only one with that opinion either, so I wonder if you took the time to post douchebaggery in all the other guys threads too?