Notices

in need of major help with HID

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in need of major help with HID

hey guys need help fixing my HID. first thing i'm completely stupid when it comes to wires don't really know how to do them. i had my HID's installed by a friend and i think he did a relay to the battery and also circuit it around the small yellow bulb wire to by pass the DRL

now the job he did is major flaws cause it has like three fuses (i don't know why one controls the left, one for the right and one for both no clue...) and the set up is getting really bad. like i can go over a bump and the lights will start flickering and sometimes just shut off so i have to park my car and attemp to fix it when i know nothing about wirings

i saw it on the forum and also my friend has this relay where you can turn on the small yellow bulb and fog lights on then HID's to by pass the DRL

i was wondering if anyone is willing to help me redo my HID's, fix the problem, maybe strip the original wiring and redo the whole thing with the relay.

i'm willing to pay a reasonable price and also cover what you need to buy (the DRL relay or whatever to get that fog light on effect) and able to meet up in markham/richmond hill area.

please someone help me!!! the HID's are getting really bad and i have no clue what to do to fix it.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

What kit do you have? and who makes them? also are they plug and play or did your friend cut/ splice the wiring harness?

If they are getting really bad then pull them out and put stock bulbs in untill your problem is fixed, this will become a safety hazard when you dont expect it.

I would look at replacing the relay and maybe the whole HID system.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The XenonDepot kits that some of use work great and they all plug and play.. Include both the anti flicker canbus fix and comes with a Relay kit.

Getting back to your problem. I would recommend going back to roginal configuration as Greedy_son mentioned above. Then you can find out if there is any permanent damage.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like your friend didn't know what he was doing. And since your wires are spliced Bye bye warranty.

In reality I would have to look to see where the problem lies.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
sounds like your friend didn't know what he was doing. And since your wires are spliced bye bye warranty.

In reality i would have to look to see where the problem lies.
+1
Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:48 PM

well anyone willing to come help me out??? i wouldn't mind meeting up and letting you guys check out the car and see whats up... seriously i have no clue i think the issue right now is the fuses that are lose or something cause i can flick the fuse a few times and it'll become on again .... someone help??? lol thanks much appreciated!!!

btw where is xenondepot?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

^ Come to a meet with tools / coffee in hand and im sure it will be fixed.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:12 AM

i try to but i'm new to TLC so barely knew anyone. i think it's kinda rude if i just arrive and be all buddy with you guys cause we drive the same car and have you fix my car.

i think i have learned something new that my HID's fuse and fuse boxes are lose from connecting to the wirings. like i said before anyone can help me fix it and install the DRL bypass harness thing???
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iniquity
i try to but i'm new to TLC so barely knew anyone. i think it's kinda rude if i just arrive and be all buddy with you guys cause we drive the same car and have you fix my car.
It's all good man, just come out and someone will take care of you.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude just come out.. its what a club is about we help each other... just dont be an idiot and come out once, take off as soon as your car is fixed and never attend another meet or event.. now that would be a **** off.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:32 PM

tell me when u go, maybe ill come too, since i duno anyone either =p
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:09 AM

everyone in the club will welcome you... their all nice guys and they would help you about your HID...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

you need to order a relay wiring harness off ebay that pulls power from your battery....your factory harness sounds like it cant hold the power, and this harness will have one fuse, not 3......i had this problem with my Dodge, and toyota camry. baught the harness, and it pulls the power from your battery, and the harness plugs in the factory harness on the driver side, pos and neg go to your batt, and both sides run off that one harness. tape up the passenger side oem harness and tuck it somewhere b/c it wont be used. this is how the foglights in my X is set up too...i NEVER get flickering anymore...here is the link to what you need http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-R...=p4506.c0.m245
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qJai
tell me when u go, maybe ill come too, since i duno anyone either =p
Wednesday at Kennedy Commons, Highway 401 & Kennedy at the Chapters paking lot 8pm.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:13 PM

ok REALLY DESPERATE NOW!!! my HID doesn't not turn on... had to drive home with just fog lights on...

really need someone to come help me fix it.... will pay money.... and treat to coffee!!!

email me at mypbinfo@gmail.com

Quick Reply: in need of major help with HID