Notices
View Poll Results: What design would you like? (Dealers may purchase bulk)
Plain
0%
Cross-Drilled
50.00%
Straight Slotted
37.50%
J-Hook Slotted
12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

~~ Most popular Brake Rotor Design VOTE:

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~~ Most popular Brake Rotor Design VOTE:

Greetings guys, again the grinding wheels of justice have yielded more results. brake pricing has been made available for me as well as the Gold Alliance. The way things might go is the brakes can be made available at your Gold Alliance Dealership.

To drive costs down further. We should consider to select one design for the rotors. Before I made the decision, I wanted to get your feedback. Polling closes Friday. The Rotor design will be of the single piece variant that the dealers will be taking on. For people who want the 2 piece system, you can still order them, directly from Mr. Swain

(descriptions from the KVR website.)

Plain: Retains the appearance of the OE Factory Disc while enhancing performance.

Cross-Drilled: KVR uses a specially designed end mill to bore the holes into the rotors. This process is more acurate than drilling, and has proven to be the best way for limiting stress relief. Cross-Drilled rotors run cooler, reducing brake fade and warpage while increasing rotor life. You'll enjoy shorter stopping distances, esepcially in wet weather, whit a set of Cross-Drilled.

Straight Slotted: All slots on KVR one-piece discs are CNC machined for maximum precision. The entire slot is located within the disc annulus (braking surface) to reduce the chance of thermal shock and eliminate stress points. Slots channel gasses produced under hard braking by your friction materials away from the braking surface for enhanced initial bite, giving you a competitive edge on the track or the street with their tough, performance look.

J-Hook Slotted: Our innovative J Hook slotting offers the first new, significant improvement to simples, straight slotting in four key areas of performance: Greater Initial Bite, Superior Pad Cleaning, Faster Pad Release and Reduced Thickness Variation

NOTE: For 20 dollars more you can have your rotor coated.

Optional Cadmium Plating: You can further enhance your brake disc upgrade by choosing a Custom Cadmium Plated finish, in your choice of Silver, Gold or Black. Protect your investment from rust and add a healthy dose of style to your ride at the same time!

Last edited by evo_soul; Sep 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

I am leaning towards the J-Hook Design, they may not look as pretty as crossed drilled, but from a performance stand point, I hear its the S*#T and works really well. I think AP Racing has tapped this technology for one of their lines of disks.

In terms of crossed drilled. Unless you guys are just full out 100% racing, I dont think you have any cracking issues to worry about. Quality is the best there is.

Cheers
Old Sep 8, 2009, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Color coatings (plating)