Notices
View Poll Results: Would You Get Another Lancer?
Yes
34.33%
No
50.75%
I'm Not Sure
14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Of You...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Many Of You...

I just wanna have a little poll here with your honest opinions.

Let's say something happened to your car...whether it be an accident or stolen for good, and you didn't have it anymore.

How many of you would honestly get another Lancer to replace it?

Sometimes I think I'd miss my car... but at the same time when I think about the paint issues, and the lack of horses for the price (BMW 125i for $33,000 has 230!)

I really don't think I'd ever get another Lancer. To me, what started off as a cool looking unique car I never saw before anywhere is now a sedan I see a lot of older people driving (some with veteran plates lol).

If I had the chance to get something else I would.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 06:59 AM

it's a definite no for me.

i got rid of mine after less than 5 months, im not going to say its a **** car, since i still consider it one of the better ones amongst its class, it was all down to what i needed personally.

suffice to say, it was my first and last mitsubishi. if i ever do decide i need an AWD monster, STI is a clear choice for me.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 07:32 AM

i would more than likely get a subaru impreza 2.5i
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rontam90
it's a definite no for me.

i got rid of mine after less than 5 months, im not going to say its a **** car, since i still consider it one of the better ones amongst its class, it was all down to what i needed personally.

suffice to say, it was my first and last mitsubishi. if i ever do decide i need an AWD monster, STI is a clear choice for me.
ahah its funny i was just talking with you yesterday about for the price of the gts there is so many other options out there performance wise

my answer is i like what i got but i wouldnt get another lancer unless its a evo
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
my answer is i like what i got but i wouldnt get another lancer unless its a evo
I second that!

After seeing Jeff's ride for the first time last night, damn! its definitely a looker with the right goodies!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:47 AM

yea I agree with infamous. Im happy with what I bought no regrets but my next car will probably not be a mitsu ride.
I wouldnt get anything from mistsu unless it was a Evo but at the same time for the price of that you can again get sumthing else. For example I rather just have a luxury ride that still might have more hp with rims and tint personally lol but thats just my opinion.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by xCASHx
yea I agree with infamous. Im happy with what I bought no regrets but my next car will probably not be a mitsu ride.
I wouldnt get anything from mistsu unless it was a Evo but at the same time for the price of that you can again get sumthing else. For example I rather just have a luxury ride that still might have more hp with rims and tint personally lol but thats just my opinion.
+1. I dunno how old you guys are but I'm gettin' up there in age (though most people think I'm like 19 or 20 for some reason haha) so my next car I definitely think I want something a little more luxurious that I can keep simple.

I'm definitely leaning towards getting a BMW 135i Coupe... I think its about the same price as an Evo, 300hp, but its two door and its just cleaner lines IMO. It's a little less aggressive looking.

Though at the same time I kinda need the 4 doors to get the dogs in and out. So maybe I'll look into one of the sedans. I'm kinda fond of the Audi A6 too but we're talking more money then LOL.

My next car will definitely be kept simple though. No underglow. No funky graphics. I'll just stick with rims, tints, maybe exhaust if its nice and not farty, and that's about it.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

^ You are aware on the pricing of those things right? 135, A6 just keeps on going up in price
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:44 AM

Having 3 Mitsu cars in our family, its a definite NO.... g37 or FX35 would be my next ride
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:23 AM

Im sure you guys are talking lancers and not evos but i will would definitely get another evo 8 or 9 in a heart beat. Acutally i do plan on getting a 9 in the next couple years. After owning an Evo you just fall in love with the car.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by laksman91
^ You are aware on the pricing of those things right? 135, A6 just keeps on going up in price
Yeah that's why I said "but that's more money" I mean if I was just talkin' any car then I'd be gettin an R8 haha.

I'm thinking in the $30-$40K range, which the 125i fits into, its only 230hp as opposed to 300 but its got the same look and its not 152hp like our cars So if I couldn't stretch my budget for the 135 I'd get that still for sure.

My boyfriend is so set on getting a FJ Cruiser... just because it has 3 windshield wipers... That and he wants an RX-8

Last edited by LancerGirl08; Sep 19, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Never ever again will I touch a Mitsubishi product. I don't know what I was thinking when I left a honda product to go to a Mitsubishi product.

I've had the car for 2 years now and the thing looks like a heep of **** (paint), the pastic interior is fading bad, rattles every where, and I could go on and on. Mitsubishi never gave a **** about these issues and left their customers high and dry. I've never felt so ripped off about buying something as I did with this car.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Sep 19, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

It's 128i btw
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

when i compare the price i paid for this car and what else i coulda got its really depressing

could have

imported a evo 8 or 9
used 350z
skyline r32
golf gti
altima coupe
sentra specv
240 s13

and the list goes on and on

forsure dont get the performance with the price , tho the looks and handling are there
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I totalled my GTS back in July and test drove pretty much every car out there. I test drove the MS3, Cobalt SS, VW Golf GTi, BMW 128i, Genesis Coupe 2.0T, Audi A4, Acura TL, 07 Sti, 2010 WRX and 09 RA. For me the only ones I liked were the Gensis, WRX, STi and the RA. I couldn't get over the looks of the WRX and the bad financing (5.9% over 60 months was there best term). The only reason I didn't get the STi was that the owner tracked it every other weekend and I didn't want to worry about how badly he had beat up that engine. The Genesis Coupe freakin flew but there was no room at all in the back seat at all and RWD+turbo+winter= no fun. The RA was for me the hands down choice. My dad came with me and drove all the cars too and he actually liked the RA best too and the WRX second. I gotta say the new WRX has really nice paint

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
I don't know what I was thinking when I left a honda product to go to a Mitsubishi product.
That's funny cause I came from a 06 Civic Si and the wife has a 00 Si and I will never go back to a Honda again. After 2 years in the Si, I had to have my whole interior replaced cause it was all coming off and the paint on the plastic was peeling off everywhere. The rear suspension was shot and replaced after a year plus every little warranty issue u could ever imagine. Car spent like 4 months of the 2 years in the shop

Quick Reply: How Many Of You...