Notices

Rookies' Sprint Booster experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009 | 01:14 PM

Nothing negative intended here, I can see that the SB will benefit most for a DE, or any car without the CVT, to control the gears better...however, if one constantly use the CVT manual mode already, what would the benefit be?
Old Oct 7, 2009 | 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Not at all Kato, your question is a valid one

not much benefit for the CVT Manual mode. your car doesnt go after just because you have your pedal on the floor. Manual mode has more to do with the user forcing the engine to operate in a certain zone based on the gear ratios. A SB equiped car would do little compared with the D mode operation. Thats when the product blows things away.
Old Oct 7, 2009 | 07:32 PM

"The only issue I have seen is if the pedal connector isnt plugged in properly, it will trigger a voltage low engine code and the car will idle strange."-evosoul

geezz i wonder whose car it was....

Old Oct 7, 2009 | 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Not at all Kato, your question is a valid one

not much benefit for the CVT Manual mode. your car doesnt go after just because you have your pedal on the floor. Manual mode has more to do with the user forcing the engine to operate in a certain zone based on the gear ratios. A SB equiped car would do little compared with the D mode operation. Thats when the product blows things away.
im no wizz like you soul but i beg to differ. imamamas boy and I have felt an outstanding change with the use of the cvt mode. THIS AINT A "PLACEBO EFFECT". as you said, you literally never use your cvt since you dont have to. me and imamamasboy sometime likes the arcade mode in our lancers. you see before i had to step on the gas for a period of time till it gets to where i want it to be. Its faster than D but i find myself wasting so much gas just to accelerate. before i remember goin cvt when i have to make a left on an intersection. not anymore.

bottomline, i feel the difference in both cvt and d mode. so therefore

i wish i could make money out of me boosting the sprint booster but i aint. i just love the product so much that i have to talk about it and let you all know the truth first hand.
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 06:30 AM

I loved the Sprint booster.. when i first had it overnight, i forgot that it was in my car.... woke up early to get a coffee and as soon as i stepped on the gas, i went flying...

its a ***** to take off though... after rubberducky got it off for me my car feels like its 10 000 pounds again... i would buy one if it was 200 bucks.. 350 is way too much
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 06:57 AM

yah well it is pricey for individual sales but im doing a group buy outside the forums so i dont break any laws and regulations within this domain.

so far my dad, and 2 of my other buddies would like to get em. all non-believers hahahahaha

5 is the magic number and i will talk to steve (shark boss of jrp according to soul) 1's i reach that amount.

word of advice, soul does magic when it comes to jrp, so i suggest you people send him a pm with regards to the sb.
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by smoke
its a ***** to take off though... after rubberducky got it off for me my car feels like its 10 000 pounds again... i would buy one if it was 200 bucks.. 350 is way too much

lol..yeah I remembered that!..I think it took them an hour before they got it off..lolz

but yeah, +1 on that...if it was $200, yeah, why not...
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 08:02 AM
Former Sponsor

you can run the group by, its from a trusted source. the reason is because u can to me or aj first so that it is cleared by evom as well, it is endorced by the club. some had a problem with this but we wont endorse anything if it isnt worked out full.

sb is a great product
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 08:11 AM

wait... so ther is a difference in sportmode for gts?
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by qJai
rookie might be more of an expert on that them me. I rarely use my sport mode anymore. D mode is Hella more smart with the gear ratio I want.
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Stich.. Come over to my Place on the Weekend and I'll let you try it out...
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 06:39 PM

The group buy your doing.. does it include the manual transmission ones or just the cvt booster?

Apparently they are different boosters...

And when is the next chance I can test this thing out for myself?
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 07:03 PM

If one is skeptical and would like to try the benefits of a sprint booster, the best way to do it is go to jrp and test it out.

note: If your willing to buy this product (assuming it meets your expectations), have the money ready. Its better to say this product does not perform to my expectations than say you'd come back later and buy it cuz you aint got no money on you atm.

the group buy im doing is not through the forums, too much responsibilities and rules im not aware off. lexikon i think i know who you are, your that guy with the black gt. alex no? ill text you.

pm me if any of you is down for this, if theres enough response then I might ask for an exclusive permission through the moderators/admins of our forums for the rights of a group buy.

This is really a great product in my opinion.
i already have 3 outside buyers (non tlc and tlc), just waiting for 2 or more then off to jrp to test and negotiate with steve.
me and or soul will be likely to come down with these peeps just for the boss to see some familiar faces from our club.

Last edited by da-rookie; Oct 8, 2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by qJai

I for one would definetly say there is.
D mode is already fast, cvt is even faster.
example: before my sb life, i use to go on cvt mode to overtake (i refuse to push the pedal to the metal) and to make a turn on an oncomming traffic.
now with the sprint booster, i dont need to do that anymore since D is quicker in acceleration than ever before. imagine goin on cvt?

put it this way: normal>fast>faster>fastest

w/out sb: D=normal // CVT=fast
w/ sb: D=faster // CVT=fastest

again you'll have to try it to believe it. we who experienced the product first hand can only say so much good things about the product before it gets redundant. yes we can say positive things bout it but would you believe our mouths? I know i didnt till i tested it.
Old Oct 8, 2009 | 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

heres my opinion based on my testing

acceleration and 1/4 mile times didnt change at all with the sb installed , you can feel the throttle response that it does give you , but thats all it does is give you throttle response , very simila to tightning the cable on cars that dont have a electronic tb , when it comes down to it 100% depressed gas pedal is the same with or without the sb , based on their chart on their website its only for the first 50% it really increases the throttle response , however the product does what they claim it does and alot of people have a false sense of what it does and they expect huge gains or somethin from it then they get pissed when it doesent do that , even says on the site it doesent increase hp or acceleration , its just an electronic way of tightning the throttle cable lets say

id buy one forsure just for the feel but not for 320$ , way better bang for buck mods you can get for less then the sb that actually increase hp/tq and acceleration times

thats my opinion based on testing it in my car ( 5spd trans ) on a track with recorded times

Quick Reply: Rookies' Sprint Booster experience