Notices

~ Sprint Booster: JRP's Put Up or Shut Up event - Oct 24th 2009

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~ Sprint Booster: JRP's Put Up or Shut Up event - Oct 24th 2009

JRP has invited as back again to check out the sprint booster. A hands on demonstration for Lancer / RalliArt and EVO X has been set up for us. Bring your car and your doubts and JRP will take care of the rest. It truly is something you have to feel to believe.

Rookie will be taking point on this and planning the event. I will be setting the time for 1pm till 3pm. I will be there as well as Rookie. If you dont have a Lancer and have something else with an electronic throttle system bring that then. The more the better

The regular retail price for SB is 329 dollars. JRP will be giving the club a one time discount. Which may cut below the standard TLC price as well.

Old thread is here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ca...2009-a-11.html

Last edited by evo_soul; Oct 14, 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you need one for cheaper than that still, im selling mine,
sorry to be posting here evosoul, just need these parts gone!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 03:53 PM

what price will they be selling it for?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:10 PM
Former Sponsor

price is still to be determined. but it will still undercut the regular retail price by a good margin. Basically the more there are of us the better. But that said, this is all about the free test evaluation.

Try it out and then get an idea of what its worth is to you. For me, its pretty high
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:19 PM

k i went to jrp today and just got 3 sprint boosters, 1 lancer, 1 mazda 6 and 1 genesis.

let me tell you a story about the genesis. I just saw this guy at jrp and invited him, after a test drive of the sprint booster on mazda 6, to try the sprint booster.

after explaining to him what it was, he didnt believe a genesis would need it. I told him to give it a try and he will not be disappointed. Btw, he was at jrp to order a turbo kit on his genesis. so he tried the sprint booster and gave me a big smile and paid for it .

anyways, straight up, the price of the sprint booster is 329$ USD+tax, but since i bought 4 sprint booster from them already, all i can say is you'll be saving atleast 50$ on the product itself.

now 300 is not an impossible price, but we need people to try and buy it if satisfied. As of today, price for us tlc people on the sprint booster is 310 flat. its a very good deal for something that improves your ride and acceleration that pronounced. trust me, if mazda, bmw, crossfire, slk, and genesis are giving this bad boy thumbs up? isn't worth a try?

now with that being said, try it and buy it can now occur on two days, one is this tuesday (october 20) or next saturday the 24th.

tuesday i will be available from 10-330 and saturday all day.

now the people that said their up for the test and buy for the sprint booster, put your money where your mouth is. Drop in your nickname so i could start a list
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
raz
Evolving Member

when you say 310 flat, does that include taxes, and have any evo guy tried this, any info would be great, as i,m currently looking into a blitz throttle controller
Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:52 PM
Former Sponsor

JEFF has the manual one in his gsr

very happy. he even let steve the owner of jrp take i around.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by da-rookie
. its a very good deal for something that improves your ride and acceleration that pronounced.

'Sprint Booster makes your car 'feel' more powerful' - let's see why...
Faster Throttle Response
Sprint Booster makes your car's throttle respond faster to your foot. As a result, your gas pedal actually achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock configuration. Even if you have a 'sport' button, Sprint Booster will quicken the throttle response time. By making the throttle respond faster to your input, you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!

Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

• Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

• Sprint Booster is not for everyone.

How It Works
Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.

Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in it's time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.

It doesn't matter if you have a Sport Mode, ECU software, or 'Chip' on your car, Sprint Booster works independently of other modifications. It simply makes the throttle more sensitive, making the car 'feel' faster.

Is Sprint Booster for everyone? Of course not, no performance product ever is. If you have a track car where you spend most of your time near redline, Sprint Booster is not for you - Sprint Booster benefits are felt in the low to mid pedal travel. Some people don't like the fact that Sprint Booster reaches full throttle before full pedal travel - if you routinely mash the throttle to the floor, Sprint Booster may not be for you.

Sprint Booster is most effective in the low to mid rpm range, which is where most 'street' cars are driven on a daily basis. Yes, you may need to adjust your driving style after installing Sprint Booster - but that is a short learning curve. Sprint Booster will put the 'fun' back into your daily drive.

Sprint Booster is simple but effective - it makes the car more responsive and thus more 'fun'! This is why the product carries a 30-day money back guarantee!!!

Sprint Booster installs in minutes, and is easily removable. Plug-n-Play performance!

Just try it! Make your daily drive more 'fun'.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by raz
when you say 310 flat, does that include taxes, and have any evo guy tried this, any info would be great, as i,m currently looking into a blitz throttle controller
yes, thats flat. May it be visa, debit, cash. its flat 310. no more no less. maybe less but no "more" lol
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by da-rookie
yes, thats flat. May it be visa, debit, cash. its flat 310. no more no less. maybe less but no "more" lol
so there's a possibility that in can go "less" than 300 - somewhere like 200-250?!?
cause that's when it will only interest me..lol
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:45 AM

I too have this in my GSR, put it in at the last sprint booster event at JRP. The sprint booster definitely put a BIG on my face, very noticeable increase in throttle response. I give my on this 1 for any evo owner.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Price Price Price. thats the tough question. Our numbers will influence the final price. When we pack in there if we get a good turn out I am sure the price will inch lower. That said. Its all a value judgement. What is the product worth to you. Only way you can make that judgement is to try it out and get the full feel for it.

Come in, let them pop it in for free and drive around. hahah just remember to come back when you done.

Originally Posted by Evolutionary1
I too have this in my GSR, put it in at the last sprint booster event at JRP. The sprint booster definitely put a BIG on my face, very noticeable increase in throttle response. I give my on this 1 for any evo owner.
Rock on
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by stitchflip
so there's a possibility that in can go "less" than 300 - somewhere like 200-250?!?
cause that's when it will only interest me..lol
I sure aint the boss of jrp but 250 is an impossible price.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

tomorrow, I will be at the meet, just have to drop someone off at the airport first. But I have the Continental Tire DWS sample in case anyone wants to see that. That said, come down and check out the sprint booster. Rain or shine.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

I may swing by to take a look

Quick Reply: ~ Sprint Booster: JRP's Put Up or Shut Up event - Oct 24th 2009