Notices

New Intake for Lancers!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seans09GTS
I just have to throw this out there, and I se everyones post, but check out AutoCityImports. Injen released a new SRI for the 4B12 (2.4L) and the numbers are actually higher than the CAI numbers I believe. People might hate on me for posting SRI, but I had to do it. LOL
If you go to Injen's website they have the official release information their.

Short Rams on their own in my opinion are less effective when you factor closed hood situations where their is no direct cold air getting to the filter. Now what INJEN has going for them is their patented tuning process. Its impressive and could possibly make it a very effective intake.

I cant wait to see the results and feedback of this one
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I might be the first review. I ordered mine from JRP. Should be here in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet, keep us posted
Old Feb 7, 2010, 07:09 AM

Excellent work!
We need a larger variety of mods for this car...
Soon, it will happen. ^.~ d
Old Feb 7, 2010, 08:52 AM

sean dident you have the injen intake?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 06:11 AM

Hey duffman. That's a long story. It was supposed to be a hookup through a friend but it fell through. That was a while back. Guess I never posted what happened. Anyways, this is for sure. Already ordered by JRP. Can't wait til its here. This time ill keep everyone posted
Old Feb 8, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

from track testing my sri vs a cai , the cai pulls better top end , and as the night went on my times got slower with the sri , but my second time out cooling the car properly , the sri didnt slow me down between runs

so sri will give you more bottom end , and cai will give you better top end , you cool your car properly and sri wont slow you down

my personal opinion is the lancer has garbage top end anyways , so a intake wont change that , im fine with a sri

just my opinion
Old Feb 9, 2010, 03:27 AM

^^^ yeah thats the way I feel, and really for the amount of times i actually rev my car to 4-5 RPM is very rare, so I wont be feeling it anyways. Also, I dont track my car or necessarily plan on it, but who knows. Anyways, I just wanted a bit of quicker response in the low end, so I'm pretty stoked about this. Cant wait til it gets here. Ill let everyone know when I get it
Old Feb 9, 2010, 09:30 PM

how abt the Takeda Retain SRI looks pretty nice, price wise arnd $300...after looking at some vids of it in action i am really leaning into buy this intake...just my 2 cents...ciao

BTW where can i get it either in toronto or markham or areas not too far shipping not really my preference..thanx
Old Feb 10, 2010, 02:13 AM

Yah, the Takeda is a nice option, but I have the 2.4L, and the Takeda is only for a 2.0L. There is a store called JRP (Johnston Research and Performance) in Mississauga, go in there and you can order what ever you want, and its all CDN $ and you dont pay any shipping
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:38 AM

Hi, everyone))) Have couple of interesting thins to post here)))
1. Over a week ago I received a WORKS drop in air filter to test it on RA. Well, I thought that filter is not going to change a lot in performance.... I was wrong... Very wrong.....
Firs of all, to whoever drives 09 RA - you ppl know the feel of the car and engine below 3k RPM. It feels a bit slow and seems like struggling or choking on fuel.... After I put the filter in - feeling is gone. Tach needle smoothly goes from idle rev to turbo initiation without any old feelings. The car feels more freely, speeds up faster and reacts better to shift changes. The only drawback is the fuel consumption is a little higher. For the rice part - you can hear the turbo spool and the air bypass. Also as far as I know - Evosoul want to check this filter on the dyno, so we will get the actual numbers.
In my opinion - this filter is the best choice (or you could even say a must) for those who want to stay as close to stock as possible and have a little bit better performance over the stock car.
2. By the end of this week I should receive a K&N Typhoon CAI. I will post the first impressions probably in the middle of the next month. Want to dyno-test it on our dyno day too. K&N claims 21.5HP gain on EVO X without a tune. I really want to see what it's going to do on RA. It's going to be an interesting Dyno day))))
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:11 AM

sweet might just go to jrp store and order...thanx
Old Mar 2, 2010, 03:56 PM

So, this sux....I ordered mine at the beggining of February and still havent gotten it! Ordered from JRP and I called today and they called Injen to see whats up apparantely it was on back order but they now have it in stock so the shipped one out today. Should be here in 2 weeks or less.....for real this time. LOL.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Seans09GTS
So, this sux....I ordered mine at the beggining of February and still havent gotten it! Ordered from JRP and I called today and they called Injen to see whats up apparantely it was on back order but they now have it in stock so the shipped one out today. Should be here in 2 weeks or less.....for real this time. LOL.
what was the cost?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:17 AM

i just got my takeda SRI from p mall at $250 taxes in... cant wait to put it on and check the diffference.....will post some updates in the near future

Quick Reply: New Intake for Lancers!