Notices

thanks guys

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys

Ok i have a bit of steam i just wanted to vent. First of all, I want to let you guys know how glad I am to have bought a lancer as my first car and entry into the whole car club scene. Not owning any car before this one, I now know how lucky I am to be part of this community (evom, tlc, tts). I recently bought a civic and ive been trying to get info on a FD2 conversion, so I hit up the civic forums and started asking around. Going on those forums (wont say which ones specifically) I realized how rude and obnoxious some clubs are, Im glad that when someone asks a question or comments/criticism here, they will almost certainly get a constructive comment or sound advice. Ive taken much of this for granted, and I thought all car clubs were as friendly as TLC. boy was i wrong. I finally realize why there are so many people out there that hate ricers, and its not that all ricers drive civics, because certainly there are ricers in all car communities, but my god, when you can get a lip for your car for $40, it really affects the age demographic of the club and ultimately the maturity of the community. I have no animosity against the civic clubs out there, i am sure there are nice communities out there in the civic community too, ones that i have yet to find, but one thing is for sure: the tlc and tts community are always going to be at the top of my list.

thanks guys, for not ripping on me when I decided id go for looks before performance, for pointing me to the right direction when i needed help, instead of criticizing me for wanting to do something. thanks for being a community where thoughts and ideas are presented in a constructive manner, i know that sometimes its hard not to flame someone who isnt being practical or sensible, but somehow you guys pull it off.

i like my new civic, but god do i hate the community.
you guys make me reluctant to try buy another car in the future.
thnx.

/rant

and RIP Nujabes

Last edited by three29; Mar 18, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

WTF ricer, why would you come here and talk about your cvic. LOL just joking
Seems to be a few communties out there that are like this.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Greedy_son
WTF ricer, why would you come here and talk about your cvic. LOL just joking
Seems to be a few communties out there that are like this.
lol yes.. my parents decided to downsize our family car from an accord to a new civic...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.
we have a good group of guys here.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by three29
lol yes.. my parents decided to downsize our family car from an accord to a new civic...
and u decide to swap your family car to a FD2? lol
Old Mar 19, 2010, 06:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are a fairly new club and it takes time to get things right. Older clubs in some cases tend to have the rules and conduct slide a bit. but its more of a up and down cycle. Turn over rate is high lol.

But for the most part. There is good in every club. and no club is perfect.