Notices

Rear Diffuser Group Buy Pickup!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone spoken to turbotime recently? haven't been able to get a hold of him.
Old May 5, 2010, 09:28 AM

^He's still on his trip
Old May 5, 2010, 11:13 AM

oh ok, i didn't know he was on a trip. thanks t-pain
Old May 11, 2010, 11:54 AM

I swear he's back by now... Anyone hear from him yet?
Old May 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lex Im just at work right now.. got home sunday. I'll get in touch tonight or tomorrow depending on what time I get off.
Old May 11, 2010, 07:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lex still stuck at work so I'll probably be calling you tomorrow.

charroncp I'll be pm ing you with your shipping est.

to update I got a reply back on the grill..

The just of it is if we were to have the grill included we would of been waiting months for all the parts and not days. Something to do with how the mesh is molded into the fiberglass upon production and the curing process is much different and way slower. This was not mentioned so I apologize no one received mesh.

I think t-pain or someone mentioned Micheals sells the mesh for .67 cents.. if some of you have a problem with this, russki mentioned he has some mesh as well left over so pm him and I'm sure he can hook u up.

I read through the past few pages and I'm sorry some of you feel its cheap or not worth the money ect..

However,
I dont know what some of you expected because honestly I didn't expect any 100% top not paint job or perfect fitting part. coming the other side of the world in a big *** crate... also any time you buy something aftermarket its always recommended to have it professional installed.

If you have an aftermarket exhaust its obviously not going to fit and your obviously going to need to enlarge the hole, the part was designed around a stock exhaust..

Personally I'm probably not going to bother with gbs anymore.. they turn into way to much trouble then their worth. Plus if even half the guys at least said thanks man then I'd be happy.

Evosoul, I dont know how you do it...I feel your pain man.. was good to get away on vacation lol..

Personally since I was rear ended and have a cracked bumper, I'll just be plastic dipping mine for now.. If the gap is really bad I might pick up the urethane trim but I might not.. Once I save up some cash I'll be having it done up by a body shop so it looks mint.

That price t pain got for $150 sounds pretty sweet.
Old May 12, 2010, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

^ The nature of the beast that is called Fibreglass, but once the extra time is put into the project the diffusers look good on the lancers.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:00 AM

I have to say that just cause its made out of fiberglass doesnt mean it has to look like some 4 year old in his backyard did it. Im working with someone right now and pretty soon ill show you what that lip was supposed to look like at one of the meets.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

^ I think the timeframe they had to produce 13+- and the time they did do it in added to the quality of the product.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:43 AM

Well Turbotime let me be the first to say thank you on putting this GB together. It's a nice lip.

to everyone here nothing is fully going to fit the car but with a little effort and professional help it can look awesome.

Thanks again Turbotime
Old May 12, 2010, 08:19 AM

Thanks for all effort you made turbotime, i think you handled the group buy really well. As for the diffuser, we know that you were not the one who made them. I was dissapointed in the quality of it, which doesnt have to do with you at all.

If there was another group buy going on i would trust you to deal with it.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:14 PM

I agree... I think you handled the group buy really well. And I'm satisfied with how mine came out without any professional help. I did not expect the diffuser to be perfect specially if you order it from another country outside of North America----Eg..I ordered a custom fit upholstery overseas based on the exact measurement of the same car model in that country, it was not perfect but it was good enough--you just need to find ways how to cirvumvent the challenges (minor differences or defects?). There are other products that I ordered via internet that I also encountered some challenges due to slightly different specs or build (or our quality expectation is different from theirs).........Anyway Thanks again.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:27 PM

Anyone have anymore pics of the diffuser either pre or post install?
Old May 13, 2010, 03:40 PM

Would there be any more group-purchase for this real diffuser because i want one
Old May 13, 2010, 04:43 PM

Also Used Wheel molding, No gap, pretty satisfied with the way it came out

Last edited by Russkii; May 13, 2010 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Diffuser Group Buy Pickup!!!!!