Notices

September 16th - 19th: Scenic Road Trip to Atlantic City

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September 16th - 19th: Scenic Road Trip to Atlantic City

Just putting a feeler out there if any of the TEN members want to join me and some friends for a nice adventure..

make sure youre free from Thursday night - September 16th to Sunday evening
September 19th

this will be a road trip that keeps the driver in mind

i am stoked just looking at some of the twisties on the roads of our scenic detour on the way to atlantic city

here is a sneak preview of the roads:

Pennsylvania State Route 44 – 60+ miles without even one stop sign and almost no driveways or intersections to speak-of… Much of this route is in total seclusion – surrounded by nothing but trees and wildlife… No traffic whatsoever… A very nice mix of incredible, ever changing scenery and varying road conditions – it’s never boring.

Pennsylvania State Route 125 – One of the best motorcycle or sports car roads in PA! PERIOD. Huge amounts of twisties, many 180 degree banked turns, blind curves, hill climbs, etc… This road is, in two words, ‘driver’s paradise’… This road is simply the best twisty road within two and one half hours drive of New York City. Bar none… the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ of the northeast…

The combination of Gold Mine road and PA 125 is very much like a roller-coaster ride, with a series of very steep climbs and descents with sharp corners at the top and the bottom, with a few rolling hills and gentle corners mixed-in for good measure…

We will also be taking Ridge Road from Hamilton all the way to Saint Catherines, for anyone that has not seen this, it is a damn nice detour that i was introduced to during the TEN cruise last weekend, and i will for sure be including this into the trip

departure: Thursday September 16th (after everyone is finished work)
in between: twisties, twisties & more twisties - arrive in atlantic city for friday & saturday night or just saturday night(depending on cruise)
arrive back in TO: sunday evening September 19th

Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the general route we will be taking, everything on google maps will be the same except it does not include the ridge road detour that we will be going on, click on the image to view the route details

Driving directions to Atlantic City, NJ
876 km 11 hours 16 mins