Notices

where to refinish rims for cheap!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my set was ready last week but i found there are imperfection near the valve stem area so i dropped them off again. it'll be ready next week and i'll post them up...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:22 PM
raz
Evolving Member

hi, bump for pictures, i do not want to spend 140 dollars to get my wheels dismounted, then mounted again, if the end job is garbage, although white would be nice, lol
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raz
hi, bump for pictures, i do not want to spend 140 dollars to get my wheels dismounted, then mounted again, if the end job is garbage, although white would be nice, lol
since google is beyond you, I will help you out: http://metalcoaters.ca/services/refinishing-of-rims
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:27 AM
raz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
since google is beyond you, I will help you out: http://metalcoaters.ca/services/refinishing-of-rims
its metal coaters website, they will post the best pictures on there, (already viewed them )and not what they screwed up, I want pictures from some of the guys here, so i can know exactly what they look like, from what i understand, a member already had a problem and had to take them back, i don,t have the time to be going back and forth, I have a set of adv-1 wheels and no way i want them screwed up, thanks for your help, now i,ll just wait for somebody to let me know how their wheels turned out
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry about that then. In that case, I suggest you go elsewhere for your powdercoat cause it might not be perfect based on some reviews I've read elsewhere.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ercoating-Rims)
Good Color choice. Glad you enjoy his work. He's not perfect but for that price, you can afford to change up your rims every few years for the cost that some places charge just for one.

Plus they do hold up - regardless of what some might say...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

i'm sorry, i am so disappointed w/ the work.. the valve stem area wasn't coated properly and the powder came off on the edge of the rim already... i tho it's suppose to be strong? i'm not bringing it back.. i'm going else where to get it done properly.

edit: i'm sorry if i got some of you into this.. i hope others turned out much better than mine..

Last edited by KahoX; Mar 17, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
raz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KahoX
i'm sorry, i am so disappointed w/ the work.. the valve stem area wasn't coated properly and the powder came off on the edge of the rim already... i tho it's suppose to be strong? i'm not bringing it back.. i'm going else where to get it done properly.

edit: i'm sorry if i got some of you into this.. i hope others turned out much better than mine..
hi, i contacted quys powdercoating in brampton, everyone i talk to says he is amazing, but it is more expensive, i,m taking my wheels to him, if you want we can meet up by his place and discuss price, maybe if we have two people, he might give us a better deal
Old Mar 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raz
hi, i contacted quys powdercoating in brampton, everyone i talk to says he is amazing, but it is more expensive, i,m taking my wheels to him, if you want we can meet up by his place and discuss price, maybe if we have two people, he might give us a better deal
Ummm there was a situation with Quys on torotomazda3 where a guy got a totally wrong colour and was told too bad
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
raz
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
Ummm there was a situation with Quys on torotomazda3 where a guy got a totally wrong colour and was told too bad
I want to go in person first, get everything in writing and have him sign it, if there is a problem, small claim,s court, I want white so there should be no problem with colour being wrong hopefully, but before i pull the trigger myself, i will make sure he is legit
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Wow this Taj guy is a fail eh? ......thank god i was tight on cash, or else i'll have my rims painted by him as well!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raz
sure count me in.. i was thinking Quy or Brightside
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by KahoX
sure count me in.. i was thinking Quy or Brightside
i'm sure you are definiately going to have to pay ALOT more when you use Quy. Brightside is not going to be as cheap as metalcoaters either

can anyone post pics?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:50 AM

my rims are done, i should be picking them up on monday and i will post pics
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T-Pain
i'm sure you are definiately going to have to pay ALOT more when you use Quy. Brightside is not going to be as cheap as metalcoaters either

can anyone post pics?
Well lesson learn.. I tho it would be a cheap decent job since they are industrial base company and do mass coatings. I really dont mind to pay abit more for a proper job that shows passion and pride in their work. I'm contacting Brightside.. Pm for infos
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

all 4 of them are like this. this is much better than the first time i picked them up.. i figure the valve stems are gonna cover it anyways so i let it go like this... for a $200 job

but when i got home i saw this... i was so disappointed

:S

i'm not sure what it is.. some surface feels like 'dust on wet paint'

maybe i'm expecting too much for a $200 job?? what do u guys think?

Quick Reply: where to refinish rims for cheap!!