Notices

where to refinish rims for cheap!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I definitely can do a better quantity price if I get commitment for guys before with a deposit. I'm thinking 5, 10 and 15 as cut off points and I’ll base pricing on a 18x8 wheel.

Base pricing will be based on in stock colours that we carry (and there’s quite a few) and any special order powder will be subjected to surcharge on a case by case basis.

So with that, this is how I would set the pricing structure based on in stock standard powders such as white, black, red, blue, matte black, satin black, etc. There is still quite a few more that I could show you guys when you drop off the rims. Metallics, candies and special orders will be priced accordingly but take into account the group buy base price. Larger rims will also be slightly more.

Minor curb rash can be removed during the prep process. Significant damage will require turning and will need to be outsourced and will be priced on a case by case basis.

Rims must be brought with tires dismounted. We do not offer this service. But have recommended shops we can send you to at discount rates and more importantly a good machine and competent mechanic!

For the group buy,

5-9 sets: $410
10-14 sets: $380
15+ sets: $350

I'd need a $100 deposit from each person and from that point each person can bring in their own rims at their convenience and timetable. We would be around a week turnaround for the rims.

I'll be the first to say it. My website sucks and needs completion but I haven't had the chance to put time and effort into it with the opening of the new shop and the workload we have right now. We just broke into the motorcycle market and those guys are keeping us busy! We have plenty of work examples and colour charts at the shop for you to have a look at and choose colours from though. Colour is always best picked in person anyways.

Hopefully is allowed and we don’t get this thread locked.

Last edited by brightside; Feb 14, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brightside
I definitely can do a better quantity price if I get commitment for guys before with a deposit. I'm thinking 5, 10 and 15 as cut off points and I’ll base pricing on a 18x8 wheel.

Base pricing will be based on in stock colours that we carry (and there’s quite a few) and any special order powder will be subjected to surcharge on a case by case basis.

So with that, this is how I would set the pricing structure based on in stock standard powders such as white, black, red, blue, matte black, satin black, etc. There is still quite a few more that I could show you guys when you drop off the rims. Metallics, candies and special orders will be priced accordingly but take into account the group buy base price. Larger rims will also be slightly more.

For the group buy,

I'd need a $100 deposit from each person and from that point each person can bring in their own rims at their convenience and timetable. We would be around a week turnaround for the rims.

I'll be the first to say it. My website sucks and needs completion but I haven't had the chance to put time and effort into it with the opening of the new shop and the workload we have right now. We just broke into the motorcycle market and those guys are keeping us busy! We have plenty of work examples and colour charts at the shop for you to have a look at and choose colours from though. Colour is always best picked in person anyways.

everything sounds good, but here is a question for you- some of us have tires mounted on the rims already and does your service also include mounting and dismounting of tires?

Also how will you deal with rims with minor curb rashes? will there be any upcharges?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brightside

For the group buy,

The thread will not be locked, But..... you may not post further since it would be a violation of evolutionm.net rules. But there should be one person here that is willing to take responsibility for running this thread. And to ensure everything goes smoothly for those who are actively participating. We had threads in the past go slightly off course, and I am in no mood fixing problems.

Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by initialdrew
everything sounds good, but here is a question for you- some of us have tires mounted on the rims already and does your service also include mounting and dismounting of tires?

Also how will you deal with rims with minor curb rashes? will there be any upcharges?
All the tires need to be dismounted so i dont think it's included

Anyways, i'm in.. I'll send everyone a pm later tonight just to make sure this has been updated.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:04 AM

Charles is correct.
All rims must be taken off the tire and also all tire sensors have to be removed

Another thing to note is that the center cap cannot be powder coated since it's plastic. so you will need to find a can of spray paint to paint it yourself.

hey Mike, any chance for a better discount for repeat customers?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T-Pain
Charles is correct.
All rims must be taken off the tire and also all tire sensors have to be removed

Another thing to note is that the center cap cannot be powder coated since it's plastic. so you will need to find a can of spray paint to paint it yourself.

hey Mike, any chance for a better discount for repeat customers?
ARGH...i have never remove the tire sensors before, I heard they might break when you remove them? but no worries..im not painting my stocks Ahah im painting my works
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:31 PM

one more thing I should add is that after you powdercoat, you'll need to do an alignment and rebalance. I've been told that putting sticky weights on the rim is difficult and the weights can potentially come off while driving.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

pm'd all of you
if you need infos or what to be part of this group buy
pm me
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the PM buddy!

Im looking for this orange, but not sure what its called!

Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:06 PM

+1 for that orange too!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GO ON 3
Thanks for the PM buddy!

Im looking for this orange, but not sure what its called!
i'm not sure if it's the lighting or what.. it looks dull in the 1st picture but bright in the 2nd! lol

i quoted you this color below but i'm sure you can choose and make adjustment in person
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:02 PM

please add me to this group buy as well

kahox, you have a pm

regards
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:23 PM

ok - cant go through all this reading anymore

who is the GB going through? Metal Coaters or Brightside
and whats the price at right now?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

sorry for the late update, the following names in BOLD has already confirmed and voted for which shop we will use. It seems like the majority of the members have voted Metal Coaters. If you are interested in this, please send a pm as i am waiting on a few of the member as well.

KahoX - 18x9.5 matte black $200
seanymack - 18x7 gold with clear coat $330
initialdrew - 18x9.5 gold $250 changing to white
T-Pain - 18x8.5 gunmetal $200
(canary yellow was later requested so the price hasn't been update yet. prby around $350ish like other custom colors)
stevenma188 - 18x8.5 (need to come in to choose the color)
- 18x8 Gold $250 gunmetal $200
erikerwin - 18x7 bronze $250
jasonjkl - 19x9.5 cosmic blue ( need to come in to choose the color)
Raz - 19x10 W37 Wicked White (mistsubishi color code) $200
Capdevila - 18x8.5 matte black $200
OntarioGT - 18x8.5 Chrome black if not then gunmetal $200 or matte black $200
thanu31 - 18x8.5/8.0 gunmetal $200
GoOn3 18x10.5 Luminous Orange $350
imamamasboy - 19x8 orange w/ clear coat

Last edited by KahoX; Feb 26, 2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KahoX
sorry for the late update, the following names in BOLD has already confirmed and voted for which shop we will use. It seems like the majority of the members have voted Metal Coaters. If you are interested in this, please send a pm as i am waiting on a few of the member as well.

KahoX - 18x9.5 matte black $200
seanymack - 18x7 gold with clear coat $330
initialdrew - 18x9.5 gold $250
T-Pain - 18x8.5 gunmetal $200
(canary yellow was later requested so the price hasn't been update yet. prby around $350ish like other custom colors)
stevenma188 - 18x8.5 (need to come in to choose the color)
- 18x8 Gold $250 gunmetal $200
erikerwin - 18x7 bronze $250
jasonjkl - 19x9.5 cosmic blue ( need to come in to choose the color)
Raz - 19x10 W37 Wicked White (mistsubishi color code) $200
Capdevila - 18x8.5 matte black $200
OntarioGT - 18x8.5 Chrome black if not then gunmetal $200 or matte black $200
thanu31 - 18x8.5/8.0 gunmetal $200
GoOn3 18x10.5 Luminous Orange $350
imamamasboy - 19x8 orange w/ clear coat
250? Really? thats cheap LOL i was gonna back out of the 350 deal.....Actually I have gonna stick with white. When are we bringing the rims in? I need to get them dismounted.

Quick Reply: where to refinish rims for cheap!!