Notices

Broken front Air Dam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:18 PM
sk2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken front Air Dam

So to my horror, I wake up this morning to see that my front Air Dam (with the GTS package) is on the ground in my drive way. I go to take a look, I see that there are 4 or 5 clips all attached to my bumper, and ripped off of the dam. The air dam has a crack in it and is absolutely scratched up at the bottom. The thing I don't understand is how this happened.

I don't remember ever hearing it hit the ground, never saw it being cracked nor scratched; let alone anything to make me suspect that it'd fall off. So what's done is done. Now my question is, how do I put it back on? lol, the white clips are all broken off and still in my bumper, it looks liek they were glued to the actual air dam piece. Anyone know how I can do this myself or I'd have to get it done at a body shop and how much would it cost? Not really thinking about a replacement yet because I think I'll deal with the crack until the winter is over, and maybe just purchase the ARS lip or something.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated, thanks

On a side note, I believe Thornhill Mitsu closed down, which makes getting to a dealership more of a challenge for me lol.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:56 AM

the bottom of the air dams will be scratched up from regular driving, that's normal
as for the clips being broken, it sounds like you hit something while driving
there isn't really a way to fix it since you need those clips to hold onto the front lip. I suggest leaving them off and just drive around like that until you can get a new lip replacement.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sk2
So to my horror, I wake up this morning to see that my front Air Dam (with the GTS package) is on the ground in my drive way. I go to take a look, I see that there are 4 or 5 clips all attached to my bumper, and ripped off of the dam. The air dam has a crack in it and is absolutely scratched up at the bottom. The thing I don't understand is how this happened.

I don't remember ever hearing it hit the ground, never saw it being cracked nor scratched; let alone anything to make me suspect that it'd fall off. So what's done is done. Now my question is, how do I put it back on? lol, the white clips are all broken off and still in my bumper, it looks liek they were glued to the actual air dam piece. Anyone know how I can do this myself or I'd have to get it done at a body shop and how much would it cost? Not really thinking about a replacement yet because I think I'll deal with the crack until the winter is over, and maybe just purchase the ARS lip or something.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated, thanks

On a side note, I believe Thornhill Mitsu closed down, which makes getting to a dealership more of a challenge for me lol.
Maple Mitsubishi will help you out. Scarborough as well.

About the ARS lip, I would go with the HOS Urban lip instead. ARS one is made of fiberglass, if you think the damage on your air damn was bad. lol if you hit a curve with fiberglass it would be a write off. HOS lip (like mine) is made of ABS or FRP. much more durable. I might be selling my lip soon, since I am upgrading to the Muscle kit from HOS. My old one will need repair, but its still in one piece even after a crap load of abuse at the hands of my GF.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:24 PM

how much do one of those go for new, shipped? and what website can they be ordered from?