Notices

*BEWARE* parts may mysteriously fall off your car

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with those of you that say to goto the media. Companies HATE bad press... especially a company like Mitsu who is just trying to get established here. They know how much bad press can hurt them. Earlier this year there was a BMW 3-series owner who was getting the screw around from BMW for ages over their infamous high pressure fuel pump problem. After getting fed up with BMW... he went to ABC news... and did an "expose" news segment on BMW and their high pressure fuel pump problems... and magically BMW quickly solved the guy's issue.

So before taking on the personal expense of paying for a lawyer... definitely goto the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPOIXJFpE7I
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

What I don't get is... how are some people reporting such horror service stories like this... while some people get amazing service? For example in the "Canadian Forum" there is an EVO X owner who had trouble with his SST transmission. He brought his EVO in... the dealer acknowledged the problem... he got a loaner vehicle while they swapped his tranny... and now the EVO X owner is happy as ever.

So what is it? Is it the dealership you goto? Or is it just down to whatever individual employee you run into at the dealer or head-office and what type of day they are having?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck brother, i hate this issues. I use to work at a ford dealer and i made it my goal to get back to customers everyday. I had colleagues like this that would never call back, it would **** me off. I hope the outcome is well brother.

cheers

rob
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
What I don't get is... how are some people reporting such horror service stories like this... while some people get amazing service? For example in the "Canadian Forum" there is an EVO X owner who had trouble with his SST transmission. He brought his EVO in... the dealer acknowledged the problem... he got a loaner vehicle while they swapped his tranny... and now the EVO X owner is happy as ever.

So what is it? Is it the dealership you goto? Or is it just down to whatever individual employee you run into at the dealer or head-office and what type of day they are having?

To be honest with you, I thought the exact same way after dealing with the headaches at Dixie Mitsubishi and with Chris Cooke. I contacted head office and they suggested I try a different dealership, so I did, but I quickly found out they are pretty much all the same. They're quick to put blame on the owner rather than the quality build of the car, they pressure you to do services through the dealership, they seem to threaten the customers about head office not honouring warranty based on the service done or on those condition reports they do while your car is in the dealership. Overall it just seems Mitsubishi and the dealerships are looking for that one slip up by the customer, or not even that, just so they don't have to cover the warranty claims out of their pockets. And how can your complanies slogan by "best backed cars in the world"????

Last year I took my GTS into Oakville Mitsubishi for an oil change (car had about 100000kms I believe) and I had the girl at the service desk call me over and tell me that the "technician" had suggested I do my timing BELT asap...yes that's BELT. I got caught off guard because to my knowledge the current gen Lancers had timing chains, so I bring this up to their attention but they stick to their guns (service rep, service manager, and technician). So I declined the timing "belt" service, got the "your powertrain warranty could be void by Mitsubishi head office" line, and then payed for my oil change and left. When I got into my car I noticed the service rep had put down on the work order that I had declined replacing the timing belt, water pump, etc, as requested by the technician. I went back inside to dispute this and appond further investigating on their end, they realized that these engines had timing chains and not belts.

So this question has to be raised, what kind of people does Mitsubishi have running this company when they don't even know their own cars? What if a customer that is not mechanically inclined faces these situations and realies on the dealerships knowledge, because they must know what their talking about...what happens to them? I can't even imagine.

EDIT: I'll try and find that exact work order to show you guys

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Nov 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I would pay the money to take it to an independant dealership and have them do a followup. Then send it to anyone who will listen. Sorry to hear you going thru so much trouble. If it was thru one of the dealerships we are aligned with then, I have some pull. But not these dealerships you are mentioning.

only places I let touch my car is

JOJO at Erin Mills,
JOJO when she was at Dixie
Scarborough
and the good guys at Maple.

They always give me straight talk and not much in the way of BS.

Jo was about the only person I had the pleasure dealing with. If it wasn't for all her help at Dixie Mitsubishi nothing would of got done on my car. Chris Cooke tried everything in his power to make my life a living hell everytime I brought back my car for issues. She was sympathetic, realized my situation and what was going on inside that service department, and she did everything she could to help me out.

I know it sucks for most of you guys, but I really do hope she moves on to bigger and better things. Mitsubishi doesn't deserve a service rep like her when they're company is run they way it is.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
To be honest with you, I thought the exact same way after dealing with the headaches at Dixie Mitsubishi and with Chris Cooke. I contacted head office and they suggested I try a different dealership, so I did, but I quickly found out they are pretty much all the same. They're quick to put blame on the owner rather than the quality build of the car, they pressure you to do services through the dealership, they seem to threaten the customers about head office not honouring warranty based on the service done or on those condition reports they do while your car is in the dealership. Overall it just seems Mitsubishi and the dealerships are looking for that one slip up by the customer, or not even that, just so they don't have to cover the warranty claims out of their pockets. And how can your complanies slogan by "best backed cars in the world"????

Last year I took my GTS into Oakville Mitsubishi for an oil change (car had about 100000kms I believe) and I had the girl at the service desk call me over and tell me that the "technician" had suggested I do my timing BELT asap...yes that's BELT. I got caught off guard because to my knowledge the current gen Lancers had timing chains, so I bring this up to their attention but they stick to their guns (service rep, service manager, and technician). So I declined the timing "belt" service, got the "your powertrain warranty could be void by Mitsubishi head office" line, and then payed for my oil change and left. When I got into my car I noticed the service rep had put down on the work order that I had declined replacing the timing belt, water pump, etc, as requested by the technician. I went back inside to dispute this and appond further investigating on their end, they realized that these engines had timing chains and not belts.

So this question has to be raised, what kind of people does Mitsubishi have running this company when they don't even know their own cars? What if a customer that is not mechanically inclined faces these situations and realies on the dealerships knowledge, because they must know what their talking about...what happens to them? I can't even imagine.

EDIT: I'll try and find that exact work order to show you guys
Old Nov 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
What issues have you had???

a few, i've made threads on them already if you are curious.

Old Nov 28, 2010, 05:21 PM

Was your GTS new or used when you got it?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FQ_1987
Was your GTS new or used when you got it?
Brand new
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:13 PM

that freaking sucks, it kinda makes me wonder how many people have been screwed over by mitsubishi...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FQ_1987
that freaking sucks, it kinda makes me wonder how many people have been screwed over by mitsubishi...
Same here...

I have never ever in my life felt so ripped off as I do after experiencing the problems I have with this car. To spend almost $30000 on a car to have the issues its had within 3 years is a complete joke. I really wonder what will happen when all these lancers start getting into the higher mileage range with the build quality that they have. Just having your car up on a lift and seeing the amount of rust and the quality of the materials used to build this car is scary.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

The underside of your car is rusted out???
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a quick video of the broken A/C compressor I shot with my cell

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Nov 28, 2010 at 09:04 PM.