Notices

2011 North American International Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by initialdrew
I wanna see the Civic so so bad.... they needed a power upgrade badddd, it'll be a beast if they turbo'd that K20.
Low end will still be a dog for lack of TQ. but boy.... to see the Vtec kick in with a turbo. something interesting for sure
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
Low end will still be a dog for lack of TQ. but boy.... to see the Vtec kick in with a turbo. something interesting for sure
well honda's are never about torque, ridden in a S2000 revving to 12000rpm (02 model)and you'll know what its all about, it sounds like formula 1 cars..no jokes. Also I think driving a low torque, high revving engine takes more driver involvement. In my evo, I can just cruise in 4th and over take with the same gear...unlike my old rsx..umm those were good times!

Last edited by initialdrew; Jan 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

While it may be cool to have an engine revving to 10,000rpm... I prefer torque. I love the feeling of just nailing the throttle and having the car pull from almost any rpm. It's this reason why a lot of people call the current M3 "slow". It may lap a track fast... but unless you are high rpm... it apparently feels weak. This is the opposite to the 335i which pulls like a freight train from any rpm.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

well honda's are never about torque, ridden in a S2000 revving to 12000rpm (02 model)and you'll know what its all about, it sounds like formula 1 cars..no jokes. Also I think driving a low torque, high revving engine takes more driver involvement. In my evo, I can just cruise in 4th and over take with the same gear...unlike my old rsx..umm those were good times!
do you even know what you're talking about? The old AP1 revved to 9 grand.

Originally Posted by Crester
While it may be cool to have an engine revving to 10,000rpm... I prefer torque. I love the feeling of just nailing the throttle and having the car pull from almost any rpm. It's this reason why a lot of people call the current M3 "slow". It may lap a track fast... but unless you are high rpm... it apparently feels weak. This is the opposite to the 335i which pulls like a freight train from any rpm.
Man, full of truth about the 335i. Driving my friends 135i, on the highway in 6th the car just goes, no need to downshift to 5th or 4th

Last edited by laksman91; Jan 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:17 AM

retracted statement.

Last edited by kasimmmmm; Jan 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:10 AM
Former Sponsor

you guys are quick to jump on initial D. He is right about the F1 sound. with the right mods on the RSX, the sound can make you go deaf. I use to be part of the RSX club so I am familure with the car. haha it was so loud one time I had to record it. when we were having our dyno day not to long ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgfpY...er_profilepage

Droving a Honda is completely different than a Turbo'd Mitsubishi. Corners are far less forgiving, so it is an engaging experience. You have no traction / stability help, and you have to get your revs right. keeping it in the VTec isnt easy.

Last edited by evo_soul; Jan 12, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:38 AM
Former Sponsor

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....ivic-sedan.jpg

The black roof looks proper

Last edited by evo_soul; Jan 12, 2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:43 AM

My buddies s2k revved to 11k (built motor) so it might be possible for 12k. No need to call anyone a idiot without knowing anything about the s2k that he drove in
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
do you even know what you're talking about? The old AP1 revved to 9 grand.

Man, full of truth about the 335i. Driving my friends 135i, on the highway in 6th the car just goes, no need to downshift to 5th or 4th
MY bad....forgot to say my friend's got a Mugen race ecu

Last edited by initialdrew; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

kasimmmmm? are you from crsx? you are retarded sir. Just cause you drive an evo doesn't mean you have to disrepect other cars or people. UPDATE, i also drive an evo and i know wtf im talking about.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul

Let's be straight tho... if you take off the "mods" from these new Civic "concept" cars... don't they just look like regular Civics we have today? I saw a "new Civic" in photos from when they were testing it in Dubai... and it pretty much looks like the current Civic with a minor refresh.

I don't get it... Hyundai keeps making giant leaps forward and Honda/Toyota are just standing still. Look at what Hyundai did with the Veloster... where the Honda CR-Z failed... Hyundai managed to also make a small light-weight sports hatch that gets BETTER GAS MILEAGE than Honda's CR-Z hybrid.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

So who's actually heading down to the show? I'm hoping to head down this weekend.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Let's be straight tho... if you take off the "mods" from these new Civic "concept" cars... don't they just look like regular Civics we have today? I saw a "new Civic" in photos from when they were testing it in Dubai... and it pretty much looks like the current Civic with a minor refresh.

I don't get it... Hyundai keeps making giant leaps forward and Honda/Toyota are just standing still. Look at what Hyundai did with the Veloster... where the Honda CR-Z failed... Hyundai managed to also make a small light-weight sports hatch that gets BETTER GAS MILEAGE than Honda's CR-Z hybrid.
haha thats because honda wasnt very intelligent. They decided to kill off all their profitable lines and streamline and follow the demographic.

=Fail... by downing that they stopped growing. Imagine they kept making all the engine platforms. I wish they kept the Integra / RSX line going and branch out first. Instead, they combined everything into the Civic SI and said, there you go. lol

So the days of crazy swapping and reverse compatibility are fading away. Well slowly at least
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

wow....it looks like the current gen coupe with 4 doors, guess they made the 4 door more coupe-like. But I am surprised how little the style had change. Look at the giant leap hyundai made....wtf is this?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:55 PM

kasimmmmm? are you from crsx? you are retarded sir. Just cause you drive an evo doesn't mean you have to disrepect other cars or people. UPDATE, i also drive an evo and i know wtf im talking about.
sorry for coming off as a jackass... in retrospect, i was just kidding around and took it too far.... i dont drive an EVO, wish i did. S2000/350z is the best i can do.

I think your friend may have lied to you or something, because there are no s2000's that can rev to 12k rpm. The highest known is the spoon race car which rev's to 11k, and its not for sale to the public, nor are its parts. Mugen Race retains the same redline, just retards timing and such.

once again my apologies

p.s. car looks sick.

Quick Reply: 2011 North American International Autoshow