Notices

2011 North American International Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by initialdrew
wow....it looks like the current gen coupe with 4 doors, guess they made the 4 door more coupe-like. But I am surprised how little the style had change. Look at the giant leap hyundai made....wtf is this?
While Honda is a very conservative company I was expecting a little more revolution rather than evolution especially with Hyundai's recent offerings and the long wait between the model refresh.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Crester
So who's actually heading down to the show? I'm hoping to head down this weekend.
We're going.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Beatles
While Honda is a very conservative company I was expecting a little more revolution rather than evolution especially with Hyundai's recent offerings and the long wait between the model refresh.
yea that....I was hoping it'll be a integra -> RSX difference (look wise) but now the civic looks the same, I guess they maketing research told them the americans liked the current gen. I suspect the JDM civic will look complete different.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by initialdrew
yea that....I was hoping it'll be a integra -> RSX difference (look wise) but now the civic looks the same, I guess they maketing research told them the americans liked the current gen. I suspect the JDM civic will look complete different.
when have marketing people ever get it right. lol its like why Ford said, ummm we dont think the Focus RS is the right fit for North America.

Made me want to run into the board room and fire someone right there on the spot.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

The Focus RS looks bad ***!

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So back in Toronto after going to the show... and overall it was good! The only bad thing about the show was that the Porsche 918 RSR was not there!!! I think that was bull$hit because it was pretty much hyped as the car of the show. For those who don't know what happened... the Porsche 918 RSR was brought to the Detroit autoshow for the Industry days... but then it was removed from the Porsche exhibit before the public show!!! In it's place they had a yellow Cayman R.

Besides that the show was great. Not only are there more special cars than in Canada... but the hall is much bigger and the show only costs $12!

The best car of the show in my opinion was the Mercedes SLS in neon yellow... that is one stunning car! Other nice cars were...

- Lexus LF-A...
- SwaggerWagon which is a Toyota Sienna stretched way longer
- matte black Mercedes CLS
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Falcon

Ford had the best displays for the show... so many activities there. To show off the sound of the Mustang... they had one hooked up to a dyno where people could get in the car and go for a quarter mile run... they had a "ride" where there was a Ford explorer mounted on hydraulics that would move around in co-ordination with a video... a track for their electric vehicles... and even a remote control track for kids to play with remote Mustangs.

Overall the show was good... so if you were thinking about heading down this coming weekend... go for it. I'm sure there's plenty of cars here you WON'T see in Toronto.

I'll try and post pics when I get a chance.