Notices

Bye Bye Stockie Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye Bye Stockie Mitsubishi

So Stockie Mitsubishi closed down in kitchener today, wasn't a big fan of them anyways.. I guess Cambridge is the only one left in the KW
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erikerwin
So Stockie Mitsubishi closed down in kitchener today, wasn't a big fan of them anyways.. I guess Cambridge is the only one left in the KW
Ashes to Ashes

How did you find out? sign on the door
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Wow they just became a mitsubishi dealer last year but i kinda saw it coming. No vehicles on the lot or showroom.

Are they changing to something else or gone for good?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:44 AM

Not surprised at all, given what I've seen on the forums,

I didn't even try them out, since they switched from GM around the time of the GM reorg, makes me believe they were cut from GM due to poor sales and/or more importantly service.

Cambridge treats me well, and their service manager told me they turn a blind eye to aftermarket stuff, he said they'd help me connect my carputer to the cars power/ignition relay/audio when I finish building it.

Plus they sent me a Christmas card
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Hrmph... another dealership closing...

And here I was hoping that Mitsubishi dealerships would move up in what they offer. Have you seen some of the other dealerships out there? Like look at the Don Valley Toyota dealership at Steeles and Hwy 404.... that thing is mammoth!

But I guess there isn't a chance in moving upscale if the current dealerships are just "getting by".
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

^ dude thats Toyota. We should be glad if Mitsubishi is still around in 5 years! lol
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:08 AM

Is this the one on Ottawa St?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester
Hrmph... another dealership closing...

And here I was hoping that Mitsubishi dealerships would move up in what they offer. Have you seen some of the other dealerships out there? Like look at the Don Valley Toyota dealership at Steeles and Hwy 404.... that thing is mammoth!

But I guess there isn't a chance in moving upscale if the current dealerships are just "getting by".
They are the best selling Toyota in Canada! You can't compare others to them.. And the owner has connection to Toyota Japan Co.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

I noticed Oakville Mitsubishi closed down as well
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:01 AM

I got an automated phone call since I had one of the recalls work done there. It said that the Dealership is closing on December 17, because of a decision of General Motors. So I look in the past news, and there was a story about Stockie Motors closing because of GM closing 44% of their dealer ships on Dec 17th 2009, so I just thought that is was a mistake.
Today, I went by, and it was closed again Dec 17th and they are blaming GM as was writen on a note on the door.

What's with GM and closing a Mitsubishi Dealership?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lordsxo
I got an automated phone call since I had one of the recalls work done there. It said that the Dealership is closing on December 17, because of a decision of General Motors. So I look in the past news, and there was a story about Stockie Motors closing because of GM closing 44% of their dealer ships on Dec 17th 2009, so I just thought that is was a mistake.
Today, I went by, and it was closed again Dec 17th and they are blaming GM as was writen on a note on the door.

What's with GM and closing a Mitsubishi Dealership?
Probably blaming GM for the dealership closing for good regardless of what mfgr it is currently selling. If GM didn't shut them down, they wouldn't have to have tried Mitsu and fail at that.

I'm not surprised at all though. There is only room for one Mitsu dealer in KW/Cambridge, its not that strong of a brand yet and there just isn't the population. There is only one Subie dealer in the area too (if I am not mistaken),, and considering in a typical RIM parking lot there are 5 subies for each Mitsu.....

I noticed when visiting the in-laws over the holidays that an old GM dealer in Owen Sound is now Mitsu, right in the heartland of big-3-land where chevy is king.
I'll give them props if they succeed, anytime I am up there, I rarely ever see a Mitsu of any type in the grey-bruce area,,, i did see a yellow pre-X gen RA tho once.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

It's kinda sad to see dealerships closing... hopefully this is just the weak being weeded out and not a sign of bigger problems. Looks like bad timing too... as I think Mitsubishi is picking up in popularity now. I see tons of Lancers on the road... a good number of Outlanders... and now I'm starting to see RVR's on the road as well. Some of the previous gen Mitsu's are kinda "meh"... but all the new ones are good. If Mitsu would redesign the Eclipse, Galant and Endeavour they'd be in a much better position.

Oh well... hopefully the dealerships that are still here can get stronger... and Mitsu helps them out by giving them good products.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Sad to see this one go, it just opened. I'm stuck at Cambridge Mitsu... not a huge fan of them, but they seem interested enough in my turbo build :P
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:46 AM

It is weird to say the least as to why they are shut down. I will say this thou. I went there for service for my GM when they were GM as well as when they were Mits. With GM, the service was TOP notch, actually not only were they the best in the area but also had the highest customer satisfaction rating in the area. When they were Mits, they were going through a huge learning curve. All the techs where trained GM and stayed on when they turned Mits. The issue's I had with my Evo were not their fault. I blame Mits Canada for lack of parts in the country.
Again I would be interested to know thou how if GM closed them as a GM dealer , they went to selling used cars and then on to getting a Mits dealer how GM could effect them enough to close down completely.
Mitsubishi Canada has got to be all over this....

Last edited by slk1z; Jan 14, 2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received this yesterday in an email. Looks like K-W mitsubishi is up and running again. WTF is with this moving etc.

"Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to take this time to introduce you to the new K-W Mitsubishi now open for business at 20 Ottawa Street North in Kitchener, ON, between King and Weber. Under new ownership and management, we look forward to bringing our established Mitsubishi experience to the Kitchener-Waterloo area. Our sprawling state of the art facility and team of top performing staff members are ready and waiting for the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

In a time where stability and great customer service are rare but valued commodities, the new K-W Mitsubishi promises to offer our customers only the best in sales and service. Under the same ownership as the long established Cambridge Mitsubishi store, you can be assured that we are here for you indefinitely.

Our service department is fully committed to keeping your vehicle in a safe, well maintained condition while preserving its resale value and giving you peace of mind. Our factory trained, licensed technicians are hand-picked not only for their skills but for their demonstrated commitment to honesty, integrity and accuracy. A customer's trust is the most important thing that we can gain: it is our goal to earn and keep yours.

Our dynamic sales team will take your needs, wants and budget into consideration when matching you up with your next vehicle. With the full Mitsubishi line-up and a vast selection of high quality pre-owned certified vehicles on site, we are sure to have what you are looking for.
If we don't have it, we will gladly find it for you. We offer flexible hours and friendly, qualified staff.

That being said, we look forward to meeting you and your vehicle in the near future. Should you have any questions or wish to schedule an appointment, please call us at 519-954-5916. You may also visit us on the internet at www.k-wmitsubishi.com . Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Amin Shamji and the new K-W Mitsubishi Team"