Notices

Steering radius question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya guys if anyone has this please do the test to see how it is from dead centre to the left, and then dead centre to the right.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2010 evo gsr and my steerin wheel turns just over 1.5 revolution equally to each side.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to post an update to this thread.

I had my car back in at Mid-Toronto Mitsubishi yesterday, the service manager, Ron, was contacting and working with me directly on the issue I've been having.

An additional note I had mentioned to him was I noticed that I had to compensate consistently with the steering wheel to the left to make the car go straight (even when allowing for road grades, etc.).

Ron requested that I leave the car with them for the day because he wanted me to be satisfied, provided me with a rental for the day (as I had to go to work).

Later in the afternoon I got a call back from Ron indicating that he'd think I'd be very satisfied, as he had the mechanic go back to it a second time after test driving the car himself. After work I went back to the dealership to pick up the car.

Since my test driving after, it seems like they fixed it completely and properly, I have equal steering wheel and turning radius in both directions, and the car drives true with the steering wheel centered.

I really did appreciate the effort that Ron had put in, to make sure that I was completely satisfied. It would have been great if everything was correct the first time, but the way he went out of his way to correct everything for me was definitely a fine example and really made me appreciate his service dept. I definitely will keep going back there now as long as he's in charge.

So just wanted to let everyone know that things are well in the end
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Win