Notices

Road and Track Mag: 2011 STi vs. 2011 EVO SE - EVO WINS AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Road and Track Mag: 2011 STi vs. 2011 EVO SE - EVO WINS AGAIN!

Road and Track did a comparison test between the 2011 Subaru STi sedan and the 2011 Mitsu EVO SE. They admit right away that the EVO goes better than the STi on pavement... so they decided to test it on a "Rally Car Surface"... so they went to a gravel track/training facility.

But it doesn't matter... the EVO still performed better!

Here's something else interesting... they say the EVO SE gets better performance results than the MR in nearly all areas because it has all the extra tech of the MR...but the SE doesn't have the extra weight due to the extra luxuries in the MR.

Link to the article... http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...ts-sti-vs.-evo

Video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2_24yTMLA
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

nice!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

may try rallyx in bancroft tomorrow..see what happens and how i feel about the course being winter and all still be fun tho
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:13 PM

Great video
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:44 PM

ofc evo it better handing then sti, also fast corner turn .. stright line sti faster.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

ok...the thing I don't get is, even the evo is doing so well, I still see more STIs then evos. Every car dude that I know of is getting or trying to get into a sti, they always tell me because the sti understands much more it takes more skills to drive it well...I guess the sti will sale regardless of how it performs, evos on the other hand will not sale because of factory warranties.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

There's two things about the STi...

Firstly it's cheaper than the EVO...

and secondly it is not as hardcore as the EVO.

The price difference is pretty huge. The STI starts at $37K while the EVO starts at $42,000. The higher STI with the Sport-Tech package costs $42K while the EVO MR starts at $52K!!! And that pretty much tells the story right there.

Also some of the more hardcore stuff like the Recaro seats... are good for people who are into performance... but some more timid people find the huge side bolsters make it hard to get in and out of the car for example... and fatter folks find the Recaro seats too restrictive. There are people who choose the STi over the EVO simply because they can't comfortably fit in the Recaros.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester

The price difference is pretty huge. The STI starts at $37K while the EVO starts at $42,000. The higher STI with the Sport-Tech package costs $42K while the EVO MR starts at $52K!!! And that pretty much tells the story right there.

Also some of the more hardcore stuff like the Recaro seats... are good for people who are into performance... but some more timid people find the huge side bolsters make it hard to get in and out of the car for example... and fatter folks find the Recaro seats too restrictive. There are people who choose the STi over the EVO simply because they can't comfortably fit in the Recaros.
hahaha timid about the recaros, reminds me of my dad the first time he tried to get out of my car...HE CAN'T lol

Well for us 08 guys I don't think the price difference is huge, I think it was the 2011 sedan sti that made a big difference. I see alot of 11 sti sedans out on the road right now, seems like it's a bargain LOL
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Crester

The GSR and the Sti both start at 33,995
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:30 AM

CDN prices are not the same as US

GSR starts at $42K while sti starts at 38K
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T-Pain
CDN prices are not the same as US

oops, didnt even notice he is from canada
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:51 PM

Also I noticed alot of women buy sti or wrx. Just the other day i saw a lady come out of a dog groomers with 2 dogs and jump into a STI. My jaw was dropped i mean she had white hair and 2 poodles lol. Never saw that one coming. Also after test driving the new STI i can tell you that it is more livable on a day to day bases where as the evo is more bumpy and better suited for the track. Another thing you need to look at is how long Subaru has been in canada offering the STI. Mitsu wasnt even around then so people feel comfortable buying a car from a company thats got its roots in the ground.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

The sti starts at 37K and my friend got $2200 off that price tag. The STi is freakin cheap! The 2011 sedan lacks of power imo, it doesnt pull as hard as the 04 or the X. Maybe he hasnt break-it in yet.. But still the new STi only looks nice and cheap.. Nothin special after i driven it it's a good car i guess but i perfer my evo.

Quick Reply: Road and Track Mag: 2011 STi vs. 2011 EVO SE - EVO WINS AGAIN!