Notices

HSD COILOVER SALE - TLC EXCLUSIVE UNTIL JUNE 24th - Peak Performance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HSD COILOVER SALE - TLC EXCLUSIVE UNTIL JUNE 24th - Peak Performance

Many of your guys have been asking for and now is the time to jump on it. For those who have been following Jeff Pippy around the early 2011 Track season and some of last years. He has posted some pretty damn good track times and set some records on the DDT at MOSPORT. If you guys follow Sigma Time attack you will know that Jeff has posted a Hall of Fame Record with the HSD Coilovers 01:07.29.

Here is a video on a OTA run at MOSPORT with Pippy at the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Xv1...el_video_title

Some of you have also gotten a chance to hope into my car and take the HSD Lancer Kit for a test drive to see exactly what to expect on local roads and on the highway. Having a high performance coilover kit on your Lancer or Ralliart takes the car to a whole different level. The car doesn't compare to stock.

Here is the deal for the EVO X and Lancer / Ralliart Guys

EVO X HSD HR SERIES = 1200 + tax
LANCER / RALLIART JDM SPEC = 1125 + tax (minor modification to the car needed for install)
LANCER / RALLIART USA SPEC = 1200 + tax (SOLD OUT)

The kit I have installed on my car is the JDM spec, it has very little differences to the North American spec. Unfortunately HSD did not know which spec was confirmed for North America so they shipped both specs. The NA spec is sold out and what remains are the JDM spec kits. Both will work on our cars with very little fuss or issue. They are virtually identical except for bracket which is slightly thicker in the JDM spec. In the hands of an installer that knows what he is doing, this is not an issue.

I highly recommend that you jump on this deal before the kits are sold out.
Price above are good until June 24th Then the price goes back up to normal retail.

All kits come with a 1 year warranty.

Install of the kit can be done for $250 either by Jeffy Pippy or Peak Performance. What this includes is the install of the kit and test drive support. The set up of a coilover kit and a very intimate thing when it comes to setup. The height and dampening has to cater to the driver / owner and I think its important for the person buying the kit should be educated in the kits operation and long term care. The 250 includes the install and configuration of the coilover not the alignment. And here is why. An alignment should only be done when the kit has settled in. People like making a few adjustments for they think they have the kit perfect.

Now there will be someone who will say, $250 is to expensive I am going somewhere else for cheaper. Sure thats fine. But if I hear one person post hey this kit doesnt work or doesnt fit, etc.... etc.... and I find out its because the kit was incorrectly installed. I am going to choke someone

Jokinly of course, a coilover kit isnt rocket science, but if you havent done it before then I would say stand back and leave it to someone who is failure with this type of it. Dont let me tell you guys the story about how an HSD coilover customer went to the dealership and it took them 12 hours to install it. And it still wasnt installed properly. Dont worry in this story it wasnt a Mitsubishi Dealership, but a VW / Audi .

sigh... Anyways. Peak performance is an authorized TLC Vendor and aims to supply us with the parts and service we need for our vehicles. If you have inquires or want to arrange to buy this kit, give Sean a call.

SEAN = 647-990-7304

Or should me a PM or email evosoul.com@gmail.com

Last edited by evo_soul; Jun 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blah so I’ve closed down the page twice accidentally after writing a nice review on Sean from Peak Performance and the shop he recommends Friendly Auto Service

anyways I’m tired it’s late so here’s a quick point form
- great service from Peak Performance and Friendly Auto
- recommend both highly as they take pride in their work and want to make sure the customer is happy with their work
- JDM-spec coilovers, modification was done very cleanly even though it was Friendly Auto’s first time doing it on a lancer.
- ride quality can’t comment much as I only installed this evening, but right away notice stiffer steering wheel, less sway
- I did feel some bumps but it was not a rough ride home as I’ve been in some cars where the suspension is very stiff
- I may want to go lower in the front and a little stiffer but we’ll see after the stocks settle

Here’s some pictures
the shop

the coilovers

the old spring and strut assembly

front installation

the modification
before

grinding

after

added some washers so the coilover doesn't move

complete

end result

what it use to look like

Last edited by Qwest905; Jun 21, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:22 PM

Hey Ray, thanks for the review, and I am glad your so far happy with the installation. once you come back in next week, we'll reset the suspension the way you want it and then take you next door for the alignment.

Cheers
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:27 PM

thanks sean

I hope more business comes your way as well as Friendly Auto. You guys were great to deal with and made the 4hr installation time fly by.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:30 PM

Hahaha, next time the installation should be alot faster. Thank you for your patience with us, as you can see we like things too be as close too perfect and spec as possible.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:33 PM

haha that's what makes you guys great...i knew my car was in good hands =)

i'll see you next week..thanks again...off to bed
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Qwest905
haha that's what makes you guys great...i knew my car was in good hands =)

i'll see you next week..thanks again...off to bed
great photos, better then my camera work. But man, the handling is epic. Honestly, I am actually in the process of trading in my car to get into the next mitsubishi to tune and play around with. But the HSD coilovers have made me fall in love with my lancer all over again. Nothing beat the super tight handling.

Keep us informed of your feedback as the coilover settles in. All the little squeaks and should settle down after a few km of driving
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:38 AM
raz
Evolving Member

are there any noises from the pillow *****, or is it quiet, i had the bc racing and they were garbage, noisy and a crap ride, i took them off and put in my springs aqain, so looking for a decent set of coilovers, if these are super quiet i,ll be very interested
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:55 AM

I've been running mine for almost a year now and unless your going like 5 km/hr you don't hear much noise. I have no complaints with mine at all. They perform outstanding on the street and the track. I would definitely recommend as a great set of coilovers especially for the price
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

I've been running my hsd for two months now. My driver side pillow ball on oe strut was snapping n cracking. Put these on fixed that. I daily drive n love the feeling. Stiff wen you need it to be. I've done 1 track even at Cayuga and posted a easy lap time of 1:25-26 with the wanlis lol. Far cry from a 1:19(pippys time) but the coils got me this low for being first timer on the track

Best bang for your buck coilovers.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:27 PM

Am I the only one to catch this... is it mounted wrong.. or am I just retarded?
4HR? damn man... Can DIY these at home in less then 2 hours...

Hope you had the car corner balanced and re-aligned after the install!
Other then that, it looks good!

Epic Fail.

Last edited by ThunderRobo; Jun 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:46 PM

as you can see in these pictures...you will see in that picture it wasn't in all the way...no problems with the installation at all..

as well...yes it took 4hrs because they had to some modifications as well make adjustments on ride height. You can have your 2 hour quick hack job...while i'd rather have a 4 hr job to make sure everything is done right =)

driver's side

passenger's side

Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:48 PM

i'm waiting a week after the coils settle then i will go for an alignment as well maybe make some minor adjustments to the ride height and the dampening level
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Qwest905
as you can see in these pictures...you will see in that picture it wasn't in all the way...no problems with the installation at all..

as well...yes it took 4hrs because they had to some modifications as well make adjustments on ride height. You can have your 2 hour quick hack job...while i'd rather have a 4 hr job to make sure everything is done right =)

driver's side

passenger's side

LOL LIKE I SAID THEY'RE MOUNTED WRONG

WHAT A JOKE. WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT BRO.

I'll take my 'Hack Job' over that anyday.

I don't think you even know it's mounted wrong, or what I'm even talking about.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:30 PM

Oh ****, he's right I jst realized whats wrong, the camber plates in the wrong direction but that is a quick fix and I can do that on a driveway anywhere. He's coming back in so that will be fixed anyways. When we pulled them out of the box the bottom brackets where already on and I dont think any of us realized what was wrong. I looked at it and was wondering why it was off on an angle like that. But not really a big problem to fix.

AND THUNDERROBO if you want your hack job go do it, but you should know corner balance is not neccessary unless your tracking 1 and 2 you have too wait a week for the suspension too settle.

But thanks for bring the camber plate too my attention.

Quick Reply: HSD COILOVER SALE - TLC EXCLUSIVE UNTIL JUNE 24th - Peak Performance