Notices

Corners & Your Lancer - LSD Insterest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corners & Your Lancer - LSD Interest

Hey guys,

So here's the deal. Obviously with our Lancers being FWD, our evil arch nemesis is cornering. As some of you may know, RPW has teamed up with Quaife to make their ATB limited slip differential that is a direct replacement for ours. I have been in short contact with David from RPW and he gave me a price of $1500 to our door. I'm not too sure if I want to spring $1500 on my car, but at the same time, our vehicles would be greatly improved with this addition. I don't want to hear buy an RA or X because that's not what I'm after, I want to keep with the lancer platform. I mainly wanted to know if anyone else was interested in a limited slip differential because we could more than likely get a discount if we did a group buy. Feel free to discuss this here, I would love more input from other forum members. Thanks!

Last edited by Carvs; Jun 8, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carvs
Hey guys,
Didn't mean to post just that, currently editing original

Also realize that interest is spelt wrong

Last edited by Carvs; Jun 8, 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

When I had a Lancer SE, torque steer was a problem when trying to power out of corners. Hopefully this product helps to negate that.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not that I dont think an LSD is greatly needed. the car needs alot more help in other areas as well. Now that I am mastering handling with the coilover and soon to be sway bar upgrade. I think I would dable in this.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
not that I dont think an LSD is greatly needed. the car needs alot more help in other areas as well. Now that I am mastering handling with the coilover and soon to be sway bar upgrade. I think I would dable in this.
What other areas are you thinking of?

I'm doing the same as you suspension wise, I already have coilovers, a new rear sway bar and I'm going to either fabricate or purchase some under body braces. I think this would be a great purchase for us lancer owners.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Just got an email back from David:

"If we do a group buy then yes we can do cheaper as we can freight the goods direct from the UK to one point in the USA which woudl reduce our costs dramatically"

We need people! The more the better! Lets get some cheaper LSD's so we can tackle a corner!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

LSD is a must i'n fwd. Don't forget upgraded axles n everything else that connects motor to wheels. You are adding double what they were intended for. If your doing all this i hope your also rolling the crap outta your fenders for a 240 or bigger sized tire or you'll just spin
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

I couldn't agree more, that's what I want to get this together! I have PMed an Admin to see if I can organize a group buy and if he says yes I can get this together for everyone. As for tires, I'm currently running Falken 452s, specs are 235/18/40 which grip great
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Anything grips fine straight line add powa n toss around a corner. 235 too skinny. My bicycle has those lol jk but get some stock Evo advans and then you'll know stick to te corner feelings .

How many are actually going to do this LSD upgrade tho u may be wasting time with the group buy since lots seem to flop. I'd just get your car done and let the rest gawk n stare i know i'm excited to see finished product some dyno numbers n some 1/4 figures
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Widoww
Anything grips fine straight line add powa n toss around a corner. 235 too skinny. My bicycle has those lol jk but get some stock Evo advans and then you'll know stick to te corner feelings .

How many are actually going to do this LSD upgrade tho u may be wasting time with the group buy since lots seem to flop. I'd just get your car done and let the rest gawk n stare i know i'm excited to see finished product some dyno numbers n some 1/4 figures
Shut up, you think 245 40 18 is too skinny for a lancer too lol hehe

Stop hating the little lancer guys like me hehe :P my car isnt capable of going wider hehe
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Yes it is bring it to me and my buddy we have grinders to make things fit not hating i like that he's doing something that no1 else has done . My buddy has a supercharged ford focus se , it's quite the eye turner and very sleeper like. I myself was going to take this route from rre before i traded in
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

I've done corners on stock suspension (Teins weren't on at the time) and the car still gripped amazing. As for floppy dinkies, I'd like people to put down a deposit to ensure they are in for it before I make the order and collect final payments. The thing with doing it myself is, is that it's going to cost me more as well since I don't save on freight charges. My car will be done this week provided Marco can get me in at Magnus, I already spoke to him on the phone Friday so I will have numbers soon! Check my turbo thread in the 08+ section. Regardless, I'd still like to see a bunch of us running LSD's. Power in numbers (cause we sure as hell aren't getting high numbers on our own :P)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Update from David:

"I can only approximate as it depends upon qauntity. If we can get mroe than 10 orders I get a bigger discount from Quaife which I can pass on.

If you can get 10 orders we can drop it down to around $1250.00 AUD$ per unit as a guess"
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Bump?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:39 PM

will it work for cvt transmissions or just manual?

Quick Reply: Corners & Your Lancer - LSD Insterest