Notices

Toronto's best tuner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like the 'Tuner ****' if a reasonable paying customer is not allowed to ask a question
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:37 PM

thanks for all the replies guys! and thanks marco for filling us in! good to know you do cobb tuning!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Alot of talk and alot of research,, a yr before I bought my evo I had plans for Magnus or AMS,
I got tricked into Four Star... spent alot of $$ there and got boned, Great guys to deal with no question about that but cant tune cars, Like most people Im no pro when it comes to tuning, but my car ran like crap, Glad I brought it to Marco! He spent alot of time with my Evo!!
I have called Magnus many times and delt with Sean, really good guy and has also helped me out with what I needed to know, I have also emailed Marco 100x and he has helped me out like you wouldnt believe and got back to me with in min.!!!!!! This guy is unreal, and wants the best for all our cars.
Best thing to do is find out when hes not crazy busy and go in and sit down with him, he will tell you everything you need to know!
with the money I have spent on parts, and BS, I could have put my Evo in Marcos hands and it could have been built and everything done right + more!!
So with saying that Magnus is truly the place you want to go!

Oh I forgot to add - Marco stayed late on a friday to tune my X so that it was ready for the track the following morning, not only did he finish tuning my car @ 10pm he stayed even later to tune another X after that! Also Im a newb wen it comes to computers, but Marco that night emailed me step by step how to change maps between my DD and Race Tune,, I had problems the next morning and Marco stoped by his shop and emailed me my maps, as I had trouble formating on my computer... How many tuners would do something like that!!
I totally respect Magnus, Marco and Sean, and hands down cant wait for them to do my build

Last edited by GO ON 3; Jul 13, 2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
Hey guys,
Lemme tell you how my days go!
Yesterday I finished building one motor , started on a second, and started prepping and washing a third, in between I was handling office stuff, talking to customers that walked in, and dealing with other business stuff. That was between the hours of 8 and 5, at 5:30pm I got my first dyno appointment, a 2009RA. Got that done, then I tuned a GT-R with COBB, soon after I did 3 dyno runs with a supra for a quick diagnosis, so he can come at a later date. At 10:30 I got my final car on the dyno its a supercharged Porsche 996 Carrera, I tuned that till 2.30 am. In between the GTR and the supra I had 1 slice of pizza.
So yes its busy, but its busy for a reason, because we get the quality work done and we get it done right. To be brutally honest we are far more busy this year because we are getting at least 2 cars a week, from another local tuner who will remain nameless, because people who are unhappy with their cars driveability.
Between april and october we will literally do 2 - 3 cars per day on tuning 7 days a week. We are booked 3 weeks in advance, we also tune every car, from Mini, to corvette, to ferrari, to porsche to Mercedes, to Lambo. I Specialize in Mitsubishi's because that is where my heart is, and I love them, and I have owned many and have raced many. Even though we charge more to custom tune a porsche, we still charge the same to tune your mitsu, and jobs are worked on in an as they come basis, that means you won’t get bumped for a guy with more money, and your car is worked on one at a time.
I have over 250,000 dollars invested in Tuning equipment, tuning tools and softwares. We are a real pro operation, not a guy with a tactrix cable and an open road. Remember you usually will end up paying twice by going to an inexperienced tuner. Half the cars I see are coming here to get fixed from other places, so do yourself a favor come here first. I have tuned literally thousands of cars, over my 15 year career and am connected with everybody in the industry,
You know I make it sound like its all fun and games tuning fancy cars and I’m some sort of bigshot, but it is a job, and being the boss also allows me to such other fun things, like just this morning, I swept up about 400 cigarette butts from the front of the shop area where people like to hang out when their cars are getting tuned and not clean up after themselves, and I just finished washing all the dishes in the lunch room because it smells like something died in there. Am I the boss? No I’m probably just the janitor! But just like every other job handed to me I get it done!
I'm Not going to apologize for some of the people that think my personality is abrasive, because to be honest, people usually get upset when you try and tell them what they don't want to hear. When you are here in front of me, you usually will have my full attention, but emails and phone calls, are usually full of people that just try and extract free information from me, and that takes away time from the paying customers. The way I see it and what people have told me is When you are working 16 hrs a day, because of the sheer volume of work you have, it must means that you are doing something right. If they are coming here for pro advice, and pro work, expect to pay pro prices for pro service by someone who has all the latest pro tools and pro staff, but they will get a PRO job done right.
This is the kind of stuff I love hearing. Although it has taken forever to finally get my car done and finally get an appointment, this tells everyone including myself exactly why. As I have said in all of my posts regarding a tune from Magnus, it has been frustrating trying to get this scheduled and getting even 5 minutes to talk to Marco and when I finally did get to talk to him, it seemed like he was throwing me into the corner. I'm asking for a big job, but just as Marco said originally, if I do my part, he will find a spot for me. He did just that. What I have also said in all of my posts is that I haven't heard anything but praise about his services. I'm happy that you spoke up and told the community about how you have been running your business because its a real eye opener to people like me, it demonstrates that we're not being pushed away. It also says a lot about your personality that admittedly before, I didn't think was there. Thank you for speaking up and telling your side of the story. Looking forward to meeting you in person tomorrow and having you tune my car.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carvs
This is the kind of stuff I love hearing. Although it has taken forever to finally get my car done and finally get an appointment, this tells everyone including myself exactly why. As I have said in all of my posts regarding a tune from Magnus, it has been frustrating trying to get this scheduled and getting even 5 minutes to talk to Marco and when I finally did get to talk to him, it seemed like he was throwing me into the corner. I'm asking for a big job, but just as Marco said originally, if I do my part, he will find a spot for me. He did just that. What I have also said in all of my posts is that I haven't heard anything but praise about his services. I'm happy that you spoke up and told the community about how you have been running your business because its a real eye opener to people like me, it demonstrates that we're not being pushed away. It also says a lot about your personality that admittedly before, I didn't think was there. Thank you for speaking up and telling your side of the story. Looking forward to meeting you in person tomorrow and having you tune my car.
I'll tell you, Marco was very impressed with the quality of the work you did on your car. That says alot! Most NA to Turbo builds don't end up as clean as yours did.

I heard only positive things about you and your car yesterday. Props to you sir !!!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
This thread is 3 months old but I thought I should add something that others might have missed.

STM is a shop near Rochester, NY that tunes mitsus all day. They are like 4hrs drive, and are supported by buschur. Customer service is great.

Also I've met Marco a couple times. His work is great. You have to wait for it and all but if you're ok with his attitude then nothing wrong with going to him. I'm not swayed by past/present glory or a big internet reputation. Results are all that matter to me. Marco is one of the few that I believe can deliver.

EDIT: Oh yea now I remember the other reason why I posted! Franz Diebold comes up to Toronto once in a few months to tune cars for NVauto in Hamilton. They're mostly a subaru shop but Franz owns an evo VIII (his screen name is fatbastard on evom) and is quite familiar with anything really. He's one of the best in North America. I'm not even sure how to go about describing how good he is. Check out the stuff he does at his shop in VA: http://www.dieboldautosport.com/. How many people do you know are authorized retailers for motec, pectel, autronics, vipec, probably more that I don't even know...lol.

Last edited by deeman101; Oct 12, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:23 PM
raz
Evolving Member

just on average what does magnus charge for a tune on an evo x
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

600+ a week downtime lol!!...AMS e tune which is easily as good is 450$ and you don't need 20 frigging red line pulls on your car. Really 20 pulls lmao I did maybe 10 altogether and it's now quicker.

Eclipse3gt is also another top notch "pro" as Marco likes to say rofl. And his tunes are as good or better then ams. I don't see any tuners in Canada bringing anything to the table go state side and do it once

Anyone who wanna ride Marco that's fine you already paid out already just trying to save everyone else .
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:43 AM

I`m just gonna say...Support your local businesses.... I wouldnt take my car for tunes down in the states at all for many reasons.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

kinda hard to support local business when you only have 1-2 tuners to choose from. Especially when they charge an arm and a leg.

I was planning on heading to Bushcur for a tune next spring.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
etunes can be very good, but it just can't be as good as a dyno tune. Tscompusa can also give you a great etune, plus he's OCD so you'll know its done right. For like $200 too . But road tuning won't show the small dips along the power curve like a good dyno tune will show. But road tunes are more "real world". There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

How much does Buschur charge for a tune? I don't think its any cheaper than Marco. I don't think Buschur is any less busy either.

And I think its a good thing if a tuner does more pulls on your car than less. It shows that they're a) fine tuning as much as possible, and b) not making huge changes at once. I guess it could also mean they can't figure something out too, lol.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slyy
kinda hard to support local business when you only have 1-2 tuners to choose from. Especially when they charge an arm and a leg.

I was planning on heading to Bushcur for a tune next spring.
Supply and Demand = Price
Up here the demand is high and supply low = Leg and part of an arm
Welcome to Canada hehe
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Supply and Demand = Price
Up here the demand is high and supply low = Leg and part of an arm
Welcome to Canada hehe
Exactly. Just like everything else we pay for... Car parts etc. almost double the price with shipping + duties. sigh

That's why our econ is sheit. We have nothing sourced in Canada and we buy it from the states/international.

deeman101

Bushcur charges $375
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Well proofs in the pudding. Laksman and myself r both tuned e tune and haven't had a single problem. Wheras before my car ran like garbage. Lannys doesn't even run right so he keeps saying. Marco tuned just saying lol. But he's a "pro" lol who's calls themselves that anyways lol!

375 bushur, 450 ams e tune or 450clipse3gt tune or goto Marco spend upwards of 600+.

Another thing. If you have time just go to the shops online n check pics of theseawesome tuners. You can eat off the floor. Marcos place is disgusting never swept or cleaned ever :s

It's your 5000$motor and 50k car you can ultimately choose what and who touches your car but learn from some of us
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Enjoi
Your such a dick sometimes lmao
well you know what they say about dicks....they got a point

STM gets my vote
$400

Quick Reply: Toronto's best tuner