Notices

Toronto's best tuner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I had no idea it was this much cheaper at these big shops in the states! WTF! I've known people locally that have paid up to a grand for tuning.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:28 AM
raz
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so don,t go to marco as there are some of you that have had problems with his tunes, i ask as my warranty is done and i can finally get a tune and was going to go to marco, but now having second taughts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Pain
well you know what they say about dicks....they got a point

STM gets my vote
$400
while everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there are two sides to every situation. That is not to say I am siding with one or all the tuners out there. But I kinda laugh in some situations. Kinda like when I see a guy who knew he screwed up his car and then goes back to the dealership complaining like hell to get warranty. Mean while they are the ones that caused the issue in the first place.

When it comes to servicing your car, its an incredibly intimate thing. Tuning is no different. You have to trust the person who is working on your car. Some people have a negative experience. Hey it happens. All the time. But its a little rough to throw a shop under the bus because of one or two bad experiences. Trend has to be established.

"If possible" guys try to be a little respectful to everyone. lol now I said if possible,
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I just cleaned this thread up a bit, please keep it clean gentlemen. I'm all for supporting your favorite shop, but please don't drag down others in the process.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Widoww
600+ a week downtime lol!!...AMS e tune which is easily as good is 450$ and you don't need 20 frigging red line pulls on your car. Really 20 pulls lmao I did maybe 10 altogether and it's now quicker.

Eclipse3gt is also another top notch "pro" as Marco likes to say rofl. And his tunes are as good or better then ams. I don't see any tuners in Canada bringing anything to the table go state side and do it once

Anyone who wanna ride Marco that's fine you already paid out already just trying to save everyone else .
Why are you so against Magnus? They'v been nothing but great to me. Your talking about someone who puts all his effort into tunning and building epic motors.

Well proofs in the pudding. Laksman and myself r both tuned e tune and haven't had a single problem. Wheras before my car ran like garbage. Lannys doesn't even run right so he keeps saying. Marco tuned just saying lol. But he's a "pro" lol who's calls themselves that anyways lol!

375 bushur, 450 ams e tune or 450clipse3gt tune or goto Marco spend upwards of 600+.

Another thing. If you have time just go to the shops online n check pics of theseawesome tuners. You can eat off the floor. Marcos place is disgusting never swept or cleaned ever :s

It's your 5000$motor and 50k car you can ultimately choose what and who touches your car but learn from some of us
One bad tank of gas, we'll see how good your e-tune is brah.

Originally Posted by raz
so don,t go to marco as there are some of you that have had problems with his tunes, i ask as my warranty is done and i can finally get a tune and was going to go to marco, but now having second taughts
I originally had my car tuned by HB SPEED ( now Cobb SOCAL), I grenaded my motor (not tune) and wanted some help. Do you know how hard it is to get in touch with some of these USA tuners, friggin impossible.

I went to Marco, got a built motor, tune and a few parts. couldnt be happier.

Give them a shout, talk to them, do it right. Not e-wrong.

HEARTS!!

NEWB
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to add my input here, I know I have posted in other threads regarding Magnus Motorsports.

At first, I will admit, Marco wasn't the easiest guy to deal with.

However, after contacting him several times and getting more comfortable with him, he's actually a great guy to deal with.

After scheduling a tune date with him, he took my car, tuned it overnight and gave it back to me the next day good to go!

He gave me a cheaper price than what he originally quoted as well.

I have nothing but good things to say about him and his services. The tune is incredible, it's super smooth, and drives just like it did before it was turbocharged.

He knows his stuff!

I would definitely recommend him as a tuner! Especially after hearing that no one does MIVEC tuning around here, nor is anyone familiar with Mitsubishi maps.

I would gladly get another tune from him!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
while everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there are two sides to every situation. That is not to say I am siding with one or all the tuners out there. But I kinda laugh in some situations. Kinda like when I see a guy who knew he screwed up his car and then goes back to the dealership complaining like hell to get warranty. Mean while they are the ones that caused the issue in the first place.

When it comes to servicing your car, its an incredibly intimate thing. Tuning is no different. You have to trust the person who is working on your car. Some people have a negative experience. Hey it happens. All the time. But its a little rough to throw a shop under the bus because of one or two bad experiences. Trend has to be established.

"If possible" guys try to be a little respectful to everyone. lol now I said if possible,
Thank you for another post with little to no relevant information pertaining to this topic. And no first hand experience either
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Carvs
Just wanted to add my input here, I know I have posted in other threads regarding Magnus Motorsports.

At first, I will admit, Marco wasn't the easiest guy to deal with.

However, after contacting him several times and getting more comfortable with him, he's actually a great guy to deal with.

After scheduling a tune date with him, he took my car, tuned it overnight and gave it back to me the next day good to go!

He gave me a cheaper price than what he originally quoted as well.

I have nothing but good things to say about him and his services. The tune is incredible, it's super smooth, and drives just like it did before it was turbocharged.

He knows his stuff!

I would definitely recommend him as a tuner! Especially after hearing that no one does MIVEC tuning around here, nor is anyone familiar with Mitsubishi maps.

I would gladly get another tune from him!
Honestly, the type of service you get from Marco will depend on how he feels about you. Thats basically why some people have great experiences and some people don't.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Well he's overpriced. He tried charging me 2100$ for a red ad 2600 for a black. I got my red for 1600$.

Honestly like carvs said and Deano have said if he likes u n your willing to over spend he's your bestfriend. Wheras American tuners tellyou what you need and that's it.

I don't like anything about that shop period. I'd muchrather goto gord bush racing for a built motor.

Cam I've been tuned by the best "ams" it's stronger then your tune lol. And my car got52,000km now. No slouch
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by laksman91
Thank you for another post with little to no relevant information pertaining to this topic. And no first hand experience either
I try cause as you so wonderfully put that's just what I do. Lol. I say these thing for a reason, sorry if it wasn't as clear for you

Actually, I do have experience. Just don't post it cause its really not going to matter, people are going to go where they want to go. Its their personal opinion. In theory price should not be a primary factor when it comes to tuning in my personal opinion. I have talked in depth with a lot of shops and tuners. I think it was sitting down for a day with Cobb when they came up in january.

I had a tune by AMS for some of the evosoul cars.
And by Frank at Four Star.

Next year so long as Cayuga is still around I will be going to start racing, and depending on the vehicle I have already choosen who will be tuning the vehicle. And iif everything lines up well and can get the budget together I will be dealing with more than one shop based on their experience for different vehicles.

Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Sean I will pay for you not to be tuned by any Canadian shops. I'll give you a thousand just so I'm happy with your purchase and know your getting proper tune. Heck I'll give you Everything you need I'll sponsor your azz
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:57 AM

Sean I will pay for you not to be tuned by any Canadian shops. I'll give you a thousand just so I'm happy with your purchase and know your getting proper tune. Heck I'll give you Everything you need I'll sponsor your azz
It`s Settled then! Were opening our own Tuning shop! =P
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Enjoi
It`s Settled then! Were opening our own Tuning shop! =P
tuning aint that easy lol
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
tuning aint that easy lol
Neither is opening up your own Mitsu dealer and Managing it
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:38 AM

I'm going to get a tune from these guys in the spring. Should I bother with a Cobb ap? I wouldn't mind a couple maps while I street the car and incase for a dealer trip.

Is it worth it getting and using still once I get past bolt ons?

Quick Reply: Toronto's best tuner