Notices

Scarborough Mitsubishi question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scarborough Mitsubishi question

Hello everyone, I got a letter from Mitsu Scarborough with a FREE oil and filter changes for this dealership. Anybody has a good (or bad) experience with this dealership? This will be my first oil change for my 2011 GSR. Is it worth the trip?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerry_x
Hello everyone, I got a letter from Mitsu Scarborough with a FREE oil and filter changes for this dealership. Anybody has a good (or bad) experience with this dealership? This will be my first oil change for my 2011 GSR. Is it worth the trip?
I am going to jump on this grenade and put the pin on this topic before it explodes.

Long story short. Scarborough Mitsubishi has gone thru management and personnel changes so to rate them will vary across the board.

Service Staff
I would rate as 8 / 10. The tech's and service staff from a year ago was good to me personally, understanding and took the time to diagnose things without charging me to the best of their ability.

Tuning / Mod knowledge and friendliness.
6 / 10 While they are not against modified cars as of a year ago. They were not interested in selling modification parts.

There are some that had bad experience with the dealership for mistakes and handling escalated problems poorly. But this can happen anywhere. That said, the dealership is under new management and the service manager has changed. Jose from Scarborough was there last year and was exceptional as a manager.

To answer your question about the oil change. I am really not a fan of them. They generally have hidden terms and conditions with free oil changes at other dealerships. I know nothing about the program here at Scarborough. Other dealerships say you have to do a B service or something. If its oil from MOBIL 1 I would highly recommend you jump on it.

If its castrol oil that is not synthetic or a blend. I personally wouldnt do it. I dont put anything less in my car than Mobil 1 0w20 or 5w20 regular Mobil 1
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Free for a reason.
Give them a call and ask about it, what type of oil they use etc. Might work out in your favour.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:23 AM

I called and here's what it's all about. The free oil and filter does not apply to synthetic oil although the coupon says "Free Oil and Filter Change Plus A Free Gift" with no disclaimer. However, they said they'll give me a 10% discount instead which translate to $10. My 94Octane gas from Clarington to Scarborough and back would be more than that. I might as well go to Whitby then.

Thanks for the responses.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:02 AM

LOL....Dealerships would never give a free oil change and include synthetic.... The "DEAL" from what you explained is that they give the oil and filter for free but charge for the labour to do it.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:53 AM

I also got that letter in the mail as well as this email .... I think that they are desperately tryin to gobble up all the unhappy pickering mitsu customers....
Its a no brainer for me as I live in Whitby, why would I go all the way to Scarborough .. Not for a free oil change, that's for sure.
Especially since I have had nothing but good experience with Motorcity mitsu in whitby. In fact, I would recommend them
See the email letter I received below.

ScarboroughMitsubishi

Dear CHRIS,We have a significant change to announce to you, our valued customer of Pickering Mitsubishi.
Pickering Mitsubishi will consolidate with our Scarborough Mitsubishi facility. This change will be effective
Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
Our great team at Scarborough Mitsubishi is already primed and ready to welcome you, and determined to
make your transition as smooth and seamless as possible.
Scarborough Mitsubishi is conveniently located at 1910 Eglinton Avenue East, just west of the Eglinton
Avenue East/Warden Avenue intersection. We are positive that you will enjoy all your future experiences at
this state-of-the-art facility.
While we understand that customers in the Pickering Mitsubishi neighbourhood will find the Scarborough
location a little less convenient, we feel this move will ultimately ensure that we are able to provide you
with the industry-leading new vehicle, used vehicle, parts, service and body shop experience you expect and desire.
All the Scarborough Mitsubishi team members are sincerely looking forward to serving you. Overtime you will
undoubtedly become more familiar with us, but here are few names to get you started…
Doug Latour is our General Manager
Amit Kapoor is our New Vehicle Sales Manager
David Berkovits is our Used Vehicle Manager
Looking after our parts and service operation are Doug Latour, Service Advisor Raymond Castillo, and Parts
Manager Clement Sivarjah
George Fogarasi is our Collision Centre Manager
We thank you for your continued patronage and hope to see you soon!
Yours truly,

Lou Crkovski Doug Latour
President General Manager
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Enjoi
LOL....Dealerships would never give a free oil change and include synthetic.... The "DEAL" from what you explained is that they give the oil and filter for free but charge for the labour to do it.

So let's say instead of going to Scarb Mitsu, I'll go to Maple instead..
do I need Scarb Mitsu to print records of what services they've done to my car before going to Maple?

and do we get the TLC discount at Maple still?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TLC discounts do apply at Maple...but not on regular stuff like oil changes or packaged maintenance services.

I don't think you need to print your service record... but sadly I don't think Mitsubishi's services records are on a standardized shared computer system. They should be tho!!!!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:26 PM

So I took the "free" bait I brought the my older lancer instead (not the EVO). This is the first time I had something for free from a dealership. They gave me a Mitsu t-shirt as well.

I arrived 5 minutes early for the appointment. I gave them the key and they said they'll give the car a wash as well for no charge and it will take 30 minutes. 45 minutes later, the car was out and they said their power washer broken. However, I saw other cars getting washed when I passed by their side street. The place seemed so disorganized, and everyone seems to be running like headless chickens. I parked on one of the street and doubled checked if the oil was actually changed, it was clean oil. I guess, I should not complain for something free. I'd score them 4 out of 10.

I definitely won't be back even for free stuff. Service does not even come close to the GM service center I go to in Bowmanville for my van.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:10 PM

LOL free car cash? Isn't that supposed to come standard...