Notices

Maple Mitsubishi Closing its Doors

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maple Mitsubishi Closing its Doors

I think its every 6 months or so Mitsubishi has another setback. While a number of Mitsubishi dealerships have closed in the past 2 years in the GTA area. It is with a huge sigh.... and regret that I have to announce that Mitsubishi will closing their doors in early September.

The reason why this upsets me more than anything is because the Maple Mitsubishi group represented the beginning of stellar customer and technical service. Maple Mitsubishi was the only dealership that experienced 0 complaints from our membership. The were also Mod friendly and handled warranty situations in a consistent manner. It was my hope that this dealership would remain as an example to other Mitsubishi's within the GTA.

I have searched for a long time to find a Mitsubishi dealership that would embody the right blend of ideals. And I honestly think that Maple had the right mix. Within 1 year of operation they built a good reputation. On behalf of TLC I would like to wish the staff good luck on their future endevours.

I am attempting to arrange a closing celebration around the last few days.

Will keep you guys posted!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who's left in GTA? Dixie, Scarborough and MidToronto?

Went through all of them and finally settled at Maple and now I need to take a route back?

In this case I will be servicing my car in QC.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:03 PM

wow.... I can't believe there closing. Where are there customers going?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

this sucks, maple had a proper customer seating area too with a TV!
Now only Richmond Hill Mitsubishi seems a viable option...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:11 PM

wasn't this place brand new? It's only been like 2 years old no?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe the way Mitsubishi head office treats their customers and the crappy products they build, is finally starting to catch up to them.

Hopefully Dixie and autopark Mitsubishi are next!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:27 PM

wow horrible...
was a loyal customer at erin mills then they change management and that went to ****s

heard rave reviews about maple mitsubishi and had great service there..now that is closing..

i don't want to go to dixie mitsubishi..the people there are horrible =X
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Wtf.... I'm gonna have to sell the car now. This is not a good sign boys.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Should've bought a subie
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now now, its not the end of the world guys. We bought the car cause we wanted the car. Servicing the car has been a little difficult but. There maybe a new dealership opening soon that I have been in the loop about that may put a smile on everyones face in terms of service. But for now its a possibility, not a certainty.

I have been doing my own service or going to alternative dealerships for my service on my lancer when I wasnt in range of Maple. But there are a few changes going on at other dealerships with new management so we will see how the coin flips on this one.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
raz
Evolving Member

drive an hour and come to cambridge mitsubishi, the service and parts department is perfect, these guys are really good, and are mod friendly as well, never had a problem with the service department, and they have a tv in the seating area,lol.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:40 PM

damn i should go and check out one days am sick of em they b.s... am getting **** of then now..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:42 PM

MotorCity Mitsu on Whitby is not bad. Just got my first oil change on my Evo last week. Place is big and looks very professional and clean, service was excellent and on time. The scarborough dealership is a trash. I was also informed that they sponsor a tuner/race guy at Mosport and will they'll be holding a fund raising bbq tomorrow for the Humane society. I'll check it out. Seems mod friendly cause I ask if they're OK to sell me DBA rotors and I did not get the routine answer that they only sell Mitsu parts.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:45 AM

Erin Mills is getting more mod friendly now
Old Aug 27, 2011, 06:39 AM

It`s Sad to leave Maple Mitsu as I got to know alot of you guys on a first name basis. This was the first Mitsubishi Dealership I worked for and actually loved going into work. I hated working at Dixie, EM, and Mid Toronto...Maple was different...It was New, Clean, Friendly, Fair....

For now...The only Dealership I can point to would be Richmond Hill Mitsubishi, for close to the same fair treatment Maple has given you. The problem isn`t specifically dealers.... The Problem...Is head office... We had a chance to save the place...but head office made some outrageous demands and basically told us where to shove it. As long as Mitsubishi Motors Canada Exists...I`ll never work at a Mitsu ever again. The Stores need to be Corporate or Overseen by Mitsubishi Motors North America. I`m sure tons of you have walked into a Mitsu dealer and seen admin 399 and Security Package 499.... That is total BS and typical in the Mitsu world, and this needs to be stopped by Head Office.

I will be promoted over to a Mazda Dealer for the time being due to extensive knowledge and skills I have with Mazda. I`ll still come to the meets....just with Mazda now lol.

If anyone needs anything Last Minute...Now is the time to get ahold of me or Darren.

Note: ALL LANCERS,OUTLANDERS,RVR`s Have been Sold off @ Maple,
We Only have 3 Eclipses, 1 Endeavor, a Galant, and some Used Vehicles.

C

Quick Reply: Maple Mitsubishi Closing its Doors