Notices

The nightmare just won't end

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The nightmare just won't end

Last friday while driving to work I noticed my GTS began to bog and back fire every time I hit the accelerator. Once I got off the highway and hit a red light, the car would idle very rough to the point that it wanted to die down on me. I decided Id bring it into my mechanic to have this checked out immediately because I was starting to panic something serious had happened. If you guys don't know, my engine was replaced under warranty because my bottom end had some serious issues. The engine was replaced by Auto Park Mitsubishi 2 years ago and since then this was the last time my GTS had ever set foot in a dealership because of the non stop issues I kept having with Mitsubishi and the dealerships I dealt with.

As for the problem, my mechanic checked the engine light and it was reading that cylinder 2 had a misfire. He immediately went to check the coils and after taking off the cover, we noticed their was a lot of moisture on the coils. After drying up the coils and clearing the engine light, the car once again began to idle very rough and back fire, but this time the car would not throw an engine light. My mechanic then checked the spark plug for cylinder 2 and sure enough it was completely loose. After seeing this he then check the rest and sure enough spark plugs 1,2, and 3 were loose. The 4th spark plug was the only one that was tight. If that wasn't bad enough, at the time they replaced my engine, Auto Park Mitsubishi used the same spark plugs I had installed before the motor had cooked. I still haven't checked that same work order, but Im curious to see if they had listed spark plugs under one of the many many parts they listed were replaced under warranty when replacing the engine. They had even "according to them", replaced my shifter cables because they had snapped my original ones when pulling out the motor. Knowing the issue that caused my motor to have to be replaced in the first place, I can't believe they would use the same spark plugs. I ended up buying new spark plugs because the 2nd spark plug was in pretty bad shape.

Here is the pics:

Notice in the pics that the cleanest one was from the only spark plug that was tight. The dirtiest was from cylinder 2 which caused the problems.

After all the issues I've had, this is one of the many reasons why I don't trust any Mitsubishi dealership and their technicians. My car has been back to their dealerships countless times for their poor workmanship. Id love to see what bullish!t the service manager at Auto Park Mitsubishi would have to say if i brought this to their attention. Everytime my car had gone back since they replaced my engine, its been nothing but excuses.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Jan 15, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Cheap SOBs using old plugs on a new engine

Sounds like Auto Park Mitsu should be added to the list of bad dealerships, along with Scarborough and possibly Erin Mills.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

send those pictures to head office. Tell them exactly what happened; they prob won't do shiet for you. Hopefully someone up there will care about how mitsu is going down the drain and do something about it.

and the list keeps going..

*oh and cut out intake in the pic, since they'll want to blame it on that and give you a hard time.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They probably just changed the bottom end and left the plugs in the head during the swap...

Either way always use OEM plugs, gapped and check frequently. Every 3-4 oil changes IMHO.

Good luck
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go to Autopark sooner rather than later. I am not entirely sure if they will be a Mitsubishi Dealer. They may be changing to something else from what I know.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul

I would go to Autopark sooner rather than later. I am not entirely sure if they will be a Mitsubishi Dealer. They may be changing to something else from what I know.
I rather not go to their dealership for the sake of not losing my mind dealing with such stupid people. My A/C condenser broke off my block after they installed my engine and they denied it was their problem. I had my car towed to my mechanic when this happened and he noticed that the way the bolts broke was due from being over tightened. I ended up towing it to Auto Park, where the service manager had the decency to claim it could of been caused by my mechanic using the A/C condenser as a jack point.

I'd rather save a few years of my life and not deal with them.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:37 PM

i bought my car from autopark. i did my service there for 4-5 times, but after seeing the poor workmanship of the mechanics and the service rep will bull$**t you everytime, I stop going there.

i asked for nitrogen while go for an oil change, he said 'ok that will be 20 bucks'. after the service is done i go pay, but the nitrogen is not on the receipt. i asked him "did you put the nitrogen?" He said "oh sorry he forgot". WTF.

when they did a tire rotation, i was watching them do it. when the mechanic was putting back the lug nuts, he just impact gun the sh*t out of those lug nuts. didn't set the torque specs.

from then on, i just go get service somewhere else.