Notices

broken valve stems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broken valve stems

hi all, pls keep an eye on your valve stems as I've come across a couple of broken valve stems recently.

Back on Jan 3rd when it was -10deg or more tried to put air in the tires and one valve stem broke as I unscrewed the plastic cap. The needle flew out and the tire went flat in seconds. Just last week, putting air in the tires and noticed another valve stem broken, luckily the needle was still intact so it didn't go flat.

*needless to say Mitsu didn't cover this under warranty when I contacted Mitsu Corp they indicated it's like a broken windshield wiper which isn't covered under warranty...they only replace defective parts!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:05 PM

yup and they're expensive to replace too
gotta rebuy the whole sensor
can't just replace the valve stem
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tostevo
hi all, pls keep an eye on your valve stems as I've come across a couple of broken valve stems recently.

Back on Jan 3rd when it was -10deg or more tried to put air in the tires and one valve stem broke as I unscrewed the plastic cap. The needle flew out and the tire went flat in seconds. Just last week, putting air in the tires and noticed another valve stem broken, luckily the needle was still intact so it didn't go flat.

*needless to say Mitsu didn't cover this under warranty when I contacted Mitsu Corp they indicated it's like a broken windshield wiper which isn't covered under warranty...they only replace defective parts!
Last year I had a broken valve stem replaced at Dixie Mitsu under the 3 year 'new car' warranty. If your car is under 3 years old, it should be covered. If it is over 3 years of age, it won't be covered.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:51 AM

wth? I still have the 3yr bumper to bumper and they refused to warranty it. While at the dealership I called Mitsu customer relations at 1-888-576-4878 and even had the service guy at the dealer speak with him. End result I had to pay, and speaking with the customer relations was the most frustrating example of customer service. I don't know why they call it customer relations.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tostevo
wth? I still have the 3yr bumper to bumper and they refused to warranty it. While at the dealership I called Mitsu customer relations at 1-888-576-4878 and even had the service guy at the dealer speak with him. End result I had to pay, and speaking with the customer relations was the most frustrating example of customer service. I don't know why they call it customer relations.
That is odd. Maybe the service manager at Dixie cut me some slack because I had dealt with him previously at another dealership.
Which dealership did you go to?

As for the customer relations #, I agree that they are less than stellar.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:36 AM

sorry for the late reply...went to scarb mitsu
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Service at Scarborough was never great, but it seriously tanked when service manger Raymond left.