Notices

Importing JDM wheels VS buying locally

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Importing JDM wheels VS buying locally

Anyone had experiences importing their own wheels from Japan? Even though the Yen is high but some of the prices are tempting...

My concerns are the custom duties, taxes, brokerage fees... so if any1 could shed some light on this...

Also any suggestion for any decent shop locally in Toronto for JDM wheels? (Tire23, Nextmod, etc)

Many thanks!
Old May 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by leazua
Anyone had experiences importing their own wheels from Japan? Even though the Yen is high but some of the prices are tempting...

My concerns are the custom duties, taxes, brokerage fees... so if any1 could shed some light on this...

Also any suggestion for any decent shop locally in Toronto for JDM wheels? (Tire23, Nextmod, etc)

Many thanks!
Roll the dice and take your chances. You will likely face delays and waiting depending on the wheel. If you go thru a local guy here, or you go it alone and order yourself. You at the mercy of supply and demand. No one here stocks JDM real deal rims, because of the cost.

What wheel are you looking for exactly? I have a guy in the states that stocks alot of stuff on his shelf. It might be higher priced then your expect but at least its here in your hand and if there is a problem, you have some recourse. If something happens to your wheel going direct, you better pray the declared the value proper to what you paid or you are going to be out some money.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Roll the dice and take your chances. You will likely face delays and waiting depending on the wheel. If you go thru a local guy here, or you go it alone and order yourself. You at the mercy of supply and demand. No one here stocks JDM real deal rims, because of the cost.

What wheel are you looking for exactly? I have a guy in the states that stocks alot of stuff on his shelf. It might be higher priced then your expect but at least its here in your hand and if there is a problem, you have some recourse. If something happens to your wheel going direct, you better pray the declared the value proper to what you paid or you are going to be out some money.
Evo_soul~ true to that so I'm just weighting on my options here :

But Importing from the US still subject to custom duties, taxes right? Just wondering which method actually costs more.

Here's what I'm looking at atm:

1.Advan RS 18x7.5 +48 or 18x8 +37

2. WORK CR Kiwami in 18x7.5 +47 or 18x8.5 +38

3. Gram light 57G in 18x7.5 +43 or 18x8.5 + 43

4. Gram light 57 Xtreme in 18x7.5 +40 or 18x8.5 +45

BTW what colour wheel fits best with graphite grey lancer? I think your car is GG as well? I'm thinking either dark bronze or matte black colours.. but silver looks nice as well.. HELP!!!
Old May 29, 2012, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by leazua

Many thanks!
Here is the TDC tariff guide. Look at the Category 4 for Automotive parts.

You will end up paying:
On non US made: 8% Duty and 13% HST on purchase price (parts' cost + shipping fee).
On US made: 0% Duty and 13% HST on purchase price (parts' cost + shipping fee).

You will have to investigate brokerage fees yourself (depending on the broker/shipper).

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tdc tariff guide.pdf (299.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Oksamit; May 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM.