Notices

Need BOV Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the Forge DV (Recirculating/Diverter). I have modified it to use with the INJEN intake system, and it is wonderful, but make sure you get the spring kit. Use a blue spring to hold to 21, some flutter when you let off, but for even higher booost, you can always bump up to the heavier spring.

Last edited by SOUTHSIDEITALIA; Nov 13, 2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
If you ant my Forge recirculating valve, I will sell it to you chep...$50+shipping...but I will not be held responsible for any problems bro!
No thanks. I dont think i am going with the forge, ive read up on it some. It wasnt even one of the BOV's i was looking at anyhow.

As for the forge being in this thread...I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT SIMILIAR TO GREDDY S. As i stated, i dont like the flutter and i hate the nintendo sounds that come from it.

I am really looking for some useful information on APS. I read up some on it and id love to hear from TT if they've used it or anyone else.

I guess ill have to use the ****ty search feature and do a search on blitz dual, as well.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

is anyone using the GFB Stealth FX Dual Port? i would like to get this one.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor

i have had the turbo xs rfl, turbosmart dual port, hks ssqv, ive had problems with all 3 finally gave up and stuck with the ssqv, i dont recirc. autronic ecu, no maf sensor. alot of guys have recomended the gofastbits bov. its a dual port.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

i like but it's alot of money for a bov
Old Nov 13, 2004, 02:28 PM

tial but have to use EMS
Old Nov 13, 2004, 04:48 PM

I was actualy just going to post the same type fo thread asking the TT guys there opinion. I curently have the Turbo XS with 3 washers. Lots of lfutering but its tough to tel how good it works. I kept stock in til my last reflash and then after the flash took it out and put on the XS, nice sound but not sure it made it better. I have just purchased the MR and will be putting it in next week before my TT tune. Is this the way to go? From what I read until this thread the MR, for my mods and boost setting, and considering I have stock turbo, that the MR would be perfect. thing is I dont want to get tuned with the MR and then have it not work well and put back the XS in and throw of my tune. Im realy leaning on the MR BOV. Any TT guys or anyone else have any sugestions? And If i do get it tuned to the MR BOV and then replace it, how much wil it actually "throw off" my tune? Thanks guys!!

Oh yea, and I as well am not into the "nintendo type swoosh. The Turbo XS has the nice whistle, not to drastic..... I think the MR is very quiet like stock.....

Last edited by ttiwst16; Nov 13, 2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ttiwst16
I was actualy just going to post the same type fo thread asking the TT guys there opinion. I curently have the Turbo XS with 3 washers. Lots of lfutering but its tough to tel how good it works. I kept stock in til my last reflash and then after the flash took it out and put on the XS, nice sound but not sure it made it better. I have just purchased the MR and will be putting it in next week before my TT tune. Is this the way to go? From what I read until this thread the MR, for my mods and boost setting, and considering I have stock turbo, that the MR would be perfect. thing is I dont want to get tuned with the MR and then have it not work well and put back the XS in and throw of my tune. Im realy leaning on the MR BOV. Any TT guys or anyone else have any sugestions? And If i do get it tuned to the MR BOV and then replace it, how much wil it actually "throw off" my tune? Thanks guys!!

Oh yea, and I as well am not into the "nintendo type swoosh. The Turbo XS has the nice whistle, not to drastic..... I think the MR is very quiet like stock.....
The MR Bov is a nice bov, dont get me wrong. Its wonderful if it wouldnt STALL MY CAR. The Mr has been known to work on other evo's more so than not. I happen to be one who is unfortunate. I have decided to try the APS.

A tune wont help your MR Bov valve. It didnt for mine.

Good Luck.

edit

the mr is perfect for its price range, but any bov HKS SSQV, Greddy, MR etc...will serve you.

Just the MR happens to be 2-3x's less and can hold over 25psi steady.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

What are your mods?

You should post what mods you have so that someone who has a similar setup which doesn't stall could recommend what BOV they use. If you don't have a stock intake/airbox maybe this is why the MR BOV doesn't work well with your setup and it is of course not adjustable. Just a thought.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hi_nrg_fizzix
You should post what mods you have so that someone who has a similar setup which doesn't stall could recommend what BOV they use. If you don't have a stock intake/airbox maybe this is why the MR BOV doesn't work well with your setup and it is of course not adjustable. Just a thought.

HKS RS Intake
RMR Full Turboback Exhaust with Perrin Cat Delete
MBC @ 22psi
Flash

I had the MR in before the exhaust too and it did this.

Stocker never did it
Greddy S, never did it.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Ok doesn't like you have too many variables to worry about. Now can you make this stalling happen on demand? And forgive my ignorance, what is a k-turn? Also, does it stall when you are stopped at a light in neutral, or only under load in gear?
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Blackevo.....go with the APS. I have it and I love it. Car is great at idle and very smooth in between shifts. I had a friend of mine who owns a S2000 drive my car and he was amazed at how well the car drove. I like the sound of the valve too. I wish I had something to record some sound clips. Maybe I will use my laptop to record some clips and will try to post them. THis valve is designed to withstand cars that make up to 600hp. Trust me when I say that you will not regret it.....
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hi_nrg_fizzix
Ok doesn't like you have too many variables to worry about. Now can you make this stalling happen on demand? And forgive my ignorance, what is a k-turn? Also, does it stall when you are stopped at a light in neutral, or only under load in gear?
I can make the stalling happen on demand.

It loves to do it to me on hills, when coming to a stop and letting the clutch out.

Once and awhile if i am shifting and come to a stop, it will either dip or stall or almost stall, to the point where all lights come on.

It likes to do it when i back up and throw it into first. I think if i do things real slow, such as, let off the gas very slowly, it wont do it (nearly as much), but why do i want to have to alter my driving habits to a bov? When others dont need for me to do this...

A k-turn, (for my example) is when you are driving straight, slow to a stop or 5mph,. etc, turn the wheel to an angle that you will form a 180 degree line, back up on that plane, turn the wheel so you are now another 180 degree's counter-clockwise from your last position. SOrta, what you would do if you missed a street and use a person's drive way to turn around.

Originally Posted by giumela
Blackevo.....go with the APS. I have it and I love it. Car is great at idle and very smooth in between shifts. I had a friend of mine who owns a S2000 drive my car and he was amazed at how well the car drove. I like the sound of the valve too. I wish I had something to record some sound clips. Maybe I will use my laptop to record some clips and will try to post them. THis valve is designed to withstand cars that make up to 600hp. Trust me when I say that you will not regret it.....
I certainly am...i talked with someone else on this board and i liked what i heard.
If you can get those clips in less than 5 days, that would be awesome...otherwise, ill know by then
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Well maybe the problem is that the stocker and the Greddy flutter and leak under boost so when they recirculate back to the intake the pressure differential is not that great. If the MR seals really well under boost and doesn't flutter then when it does recirculate to the intake there is a big pressure spike (22psi)which the MAF sees and gets confused. With a short ram intake you loose the buffer zone of pressurized air at the induction box. So going with some sort of adjustable vent/recirculate BOV which sounds acceptable would be a good choice. I would try the stocker again for a few days or a week while you make your decision and see if you can replicate the problem. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Blitz

Its funny becuase no one mentions or has it really, but the blitz i put on my car isnt giving me any problems at all, evyerthing is fine, never stalls, and a straight up pssh sound, its too nice man. I have apex i n1 catback and the bov no other mods, but it hasnt given me problems