Notices

Dealer P300 Flash and TT Flash

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer P300 Flash and TT Flash

I have called in and asked this question to Mark without a definite answer. I am getting a P304 code which is different from the P300 code and the dealer did a "REPROGRAM ECU PER TSB 05-13-003 FOR MISFIRE CODE". Will this overwrite my TT mail in flash? My understanding is that this is a sperate part of the ECU. I have not driven the car hard enough yet to feel a difference in power.

Also Mark you said that if the dealer flash is done that you will be unable to do another flash to the ECU. Is this true?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm curious also
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I have called in and asked this question to Mark without a definite answer. I am getting a P304 code which is different from the P300 code and the dealer did a "REPROGRAM ECU PER TSB 05-13-003 FOR MISFIRE CODE". Will this overwrite my TT mail in flash? My understanding is that this is a sperate part of the ECU. I have not driven the car hard enough yet to feel a difference in power.
Also Mark you said that if the dealer flash is done that you will be unable to do another flash to the ECU. Is this true?Thanks!
It WILL overwrite the TT flash. and YES, you can get it flashed again. We have done it several times.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:51 AM
Former Sponsor

I guess thats how it has to be. I can handle that. Thanks for your quick reply. I am calling TT to see about getting this done.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Not to ruin your day but I've also heard that a stock ecu can not be reflash after getting the P0300 code done. I hope I'm wrong but I consider my source pretty solid.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

They told me I need to send it back to them so then they would send it to Japan to get it flashed there where they can compensate for this code. It sounds worth it, but I wonder how long the wait will be.

Turbotrix - Please correct me here and add all this information in this post so others with the P0300 reflash and your Tuning flash can benefit from a reflash. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
They told me I need to send it back to them so then they would send it to Japan to get it flashed there where they can compensate for this code. It sounds worth it, but I wonder how long the wait will be.

Turbotrix - Please correct me here and add all this information in this post so others with the P0300 reflash and your Tuning flash can benefit from a reflash. Thanks!

You are right.. once the dealer reflashes your ecu for the P0300 fix it does overwrite our flash + makes us unable to retune it... we can however send it out to japan which usually doesn't take longer then a week or 2.. you would just have to pay shipping from us to the makers of the flash software.. they then forward it. You will not have to pay for the flash all over again.

-Mike
Old Jul 11, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

im planning to get flash from TT when i go to jersey, mines stock, but i got dealer reflash for po300 code, will you able to TT flash it?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by nbpal4000
im planning to get flash from TT when i go to jersey, mines stock, but i got dealer reflash for po300 code, will you able to TT flash it?
What part of "once the dealer reflashes your ecu for the P0300 fix it does overwrite our flash + makes us unable to retune it" don't you understand?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

but i never had a TT flash. if i do, it will be my first time and im just saying my ecu was reflashed for po300, get it?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 06:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
You are right.. once the dealer reflashes your ecu for the P0300 fix it does overwrite our flash + makes us unable to retune it... we can however send it out to japan which usually doesn't take longer then a week or 2.. you would just have to pay shipping from us to the makers of the flash software.. they then forward it. You will not have to pay for the flash all over again.

-Mike

Mike,
Could you please PM more info on this. I am very interested.
Joe