Notices

Buschur Racing releases "Bushwacker Transmission" Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KartaRailed
Again very interesting, too bad my trannys on its way back from shep right now, I would have been a great gineau pig for evom. Shep took forever and a day, kind of a letdown for me, as everyone I talked to said he had great turn around and I have been without a car for going on 6 weeks.
Please forward us your name , We have never had a trans take nearly that long. Did you go through another shop ? If so you may find your answer
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The research that we have done on a already manufactured piece has not shown much of a difference between Cryo and REM.
What information do you use to determine that cryo treating offers any benefit when applied to gearbox internals? Kinda curious because cryo was debated pretty hotly on NASIOC, and there was never any credible proof that it improves gear strength or lifetime.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
There is some wrong information in this post and I want to make sure it is cleared up. There is nothing worse than NOT giving someone credit that has helped you out.

Al DOES RUN JOHN SHEPHERD'S transmission in his EVO. We have NEVER built a trans for Al as he hasn't broken one of John's or asked us for one.

Also, JOHN SHEPHERD was also good enough to do a transmission for my personal EVO RS. Gave me a great deal on it. After going through a few clutches and missing some gears the transmission did have to come out, no fault of the transmission. That was earlier this last season. It does now have trans in it that Daniel, my brother, did and that is what was in the car when it ran 9.97.

Daniel has been building our transmissions for probably over 15 years now. He was rebuiding them in my old 1G that John has now. To be honest, John got so good at it and built such a large name for himself Daniel gave up advertising the service. We still send a lot of transmissions to John as customers request that John do the work.

With the market today we are expanding our product line and services. As many of your know we just bought another new Subaru to build parts for and doing transmissions is something Daniel is very good at. Passing up on all the work is dumb on our part.

Just wanted to clear up those few things. Al does and always has run John's transmission and I also ran one in my RS for quite awhile.

Thanks,
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

John is da man!! I will be sending him a tranny in the future.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, Bushcur Racing amazes me! Can't wait until till I get my car out of the body shop. It's coming up there soon!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jshepherd
Please forward us your name , We have never had a trans take nearly that long. Did you go through another shop ? If so you may find your answer
WOW I didn't know you were on here
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, I'd like to get this transmission service one day
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
There is some wrong information in this post and I want to make sure it is cleared up. There is nothing worse than NOT giving someone credit that has helped you out.

Al DOES RUN JOHN SHEPHERD'S transmission in his EVO. We have NEVER built a trans for Al as he hasn't broken one of John's or asked us for one.

Also, JOHN SHEPHERD was also good enough to do a transmission for my personal EVO RS. Gave me a great deal on it. After going through a few clutches and missing some gears the transmission did have to come out, no fault of the transmission. That was earlier this last season. It does now have trans in it that Daniel, my brother, did and that is what was in the car when it ran 9.97.

Daniel has been building our transmissions for probably over 15 years now. He was rebuiding them in my old 1G that John has now. To be honest, John got so good at it and built such a large name for himself Daniel gave up advertising the service. We still send a lot of transmissions to John as customers request that John do the work.

With the market today we are expanding our product line and services. As many of your know we just bought another new Subaru to build parts for and doing transmissions is something Daniel is very good at. Passing up on all the work is dumb on our part.

Just wanted to clear up those few things. Al does and always has run John's transmission and I also ran one in my RS for quite awhile.

Thanks,

Thanks David for your clarification

I have used the Shep trans now for a long time and its never broken yet - so there was never a need to change

I do also love Dan Buschur at Buschwacker also !

Dan build my current race evo set up and I really admire his mechaincal work and skill

All great guys !
Old Feb 23, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Dan at Buschur

On monday Dan test drove my car with me.He was straight up honest and said (Pete your tranny is good).So I said well while it's out might as well build it.I had also a whinny t-case so I was lucky to get David's new T-case built for him by shep.I also went with the new Tilton clutch.
I have seen them in action in the shop,being a auto tech for 16 years myself
,Dan takes his work very seriously like every car is his own.I can tell you just make the trip and believe me it's worth it!!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Pete! Wait until you get this beast back!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, u put the Buschur/AMS BMF fuel system on your site???? haha thats going to confuse the hell out of some nubies.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Is the Bushwacker built mainly for drag racing/racers?

If so do you build/upgrade trannies for road racing?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Is there any option to get a 4.11 drive, and if so how much for the upgrade? It would be nice to see all the options available and know what the prices are.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

The transmissions are not built primarily for street/drag or road racing. They are built to do all three. Daniel has built all of our transmissions at this point, we drive them daily, drag race and road race them.

Yes, there is an option for the 4.11 gears but you will need to give us a call at the shop for that quote, just ask for Dan.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

I love my Bushwacker transmission. Dan built my transfer case and transmission about a month ago and I can't be any happier. I love the Evo 8 fourth gear upgrade. Thanks again BR!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing releases "Bushwacker Transmission" Upgrade