Notices

Buschur Racing releases "Bushwacker Transmission" Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a little bump for those new to the site.

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
I called to set up an appointment ...asking if someone can stay a lttle late on a friday for me to drop the car off... but I was told basically no and was also told not open on saturdays either.

Im coming from NC (I think its over 10 hours away) pulling a 24' trailer with a little kid (single parent)

I guess I'll have to call back and ask for the boss and see if he can work with me!

I really prefer the work be done in house at Buschurs vice me sending a tranny in the mail and having someone else install
I must have missed this post before. Sorry.

We have stayed "a little late" numerous times for customers and many times has turned in to 1 or 2 hours later, sometimes they never show up or call to say. Sometimes staying late just can not be done as from 5pm to 6pm M-F there is normally only 1 person here and if he has prior plans and he can not stay I would say that's understandable.

We are never open on Saturdays. Never have been.

There is a key drop box where customers can drop there keys in for cars dropped off after hours. Sorry you were not informed of that.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ill be sending mine in soon, my tranny is toast
Old Oct 16, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info and response

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Just a little bump for those new to the site.

I must have missed this post before. Sorry.

We have stayed "a little late" numerous times for customers and many times has turned in to 1 or 2 hours later, sometimes they never show up or call to say. Sometimes staying late just can not be done as from 5pm to 6pm M-F there is normally only 1 person here and if he has prior plans and he can not stay I would say that's understandable.

We are never open on Saturdays. Never have been.

There is a key drop box where customers can drop there keys in for cars dropped off after hours. Sorry you were not informed of that.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to add a small review of the amazing Buschwacker trannny. We just received 2 of these bad boys and have installed mine. I have to say the shifting is butter smooth, the shifter just falls into gear smooth as heck. I can't wait to really string out the revs and take advantage of the taller VIII 4th gear. Thank you Buschur racing for such a bad *** option for us to build our tranny's with.

Jorge R.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
Just wanted to add a small review of the amazing Buschwacker trannny. We just received 2 of these bad boys and have installed mine. I have to say the shifting is butter smooth, the shifter just falls into gear smooth as heck. I can't wait to really string out the revs and take advantage of the taller VIII 4th gear. Thank you Buschur racing for such a bad *** option for us to build our tranny's with.

Jorge R.
Thanks for the review Jorge! You guys must have been working like mad men over the weekend.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 09:24 AM
Account Disabled

I might be putting one of these on my list, the stock tranny is making noise and I'm not sure if it's clutch or what because it's working perfectly *shrug*
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Either way, if the transmission has to come out, I like to go through everything. The pain is 're-doing' something again. It's easier to have it checked and repaired than it is to pull it, replace a clutch, put it back, then have to do it all again in short order. I believe in doing it all, everytime there's even a question. Winter is a good time to get this kind of stuff done.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

I was listening to mine earlier, it really sounds like a TOB clattering at idle when in neutral, it goes away when I push the clutch in. Like I said, it's not affecting anything, just noisy.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
moving...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is this upgrade a "send in your transmission" minus transferbox then buschur rip it down cryo treat everything needed if that option is taken then all rebuild it back up so you receive it as you gave it but with the new syncros and cryo stuff in?
for around the $1100 mark?
then what about transfer box's and diff's if going to run enough power for 9sec 1/4's ?
are they strong enough?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Great deal, I may have a syncho going bad just now
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
is this upgrade a "send in your transmission" minus transferbox then buschur rip it down cryo treat everything needed if that option is taken then all rebuild it back up so you receive it as you gave it but with the new syncros and cryo stuff in?
for around the $1100 mark?
then what about transfer box's and diff's if going to run enough power for 9sec 1/4's ?
are they strong enough?
Yes you must send your trans in to receive this service or you can purchase a brand new OEM transmission from us that is already done. You can also buy a used one and send it here. We just need a core to work with.

The starting price is $850. There are factors in if the price will stay there such as if anything is majorily damaged inside, etc... you never know what you will find in a used transmission until its opened up.

Then you have your upgrade options whichever you chose such as cryo and what not as well we shipping here and return shipping back to you.

Yes the transfer case & diffs are strong enough to run 9's but you will have to remember when you're making enough power to run 9's anything can break at anytime. Its just part of racing.
Old May 1, 2009, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

What's the turnaround time?
Old May 1, 2009, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What are the shipping charges?
Old May 1, 2009, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

guys, you should call the shop for that kind of info I think

I'm still loving mine, it's seen 700+awhp launches and loved every minute of it. works great for daily driving too.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing releases "Bushwacker Transmission" Upgrade