great craftmanship looks great i hope that i can pick one up soon
Old Jun 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any group buy? or free install...lol
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:06 AM
Former Sponsor

We dont do group buys. But we might have a sale in the near future. Ya never know.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Got one about a month ago. But too busy/lazy to put it on. It is definitely a nice piece.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

People mention AFR's changing and what not. But question... If you get the cutout put into a downpipe rather than this...

So for example, most vendors turbo kits include a 3" downpipe... So if you go and get the cutout put into the 3" downpipe, and your wideband is near the top of the downpipe... Shouldn't your AFR's be the same on the 3" cutout as if it was on a 3" turboback? Because when the Wideband is reading it is at a 3" point anyway.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nesiop
People mention AFR's changing and what not. But question... If you get the cutout put into a downpipe rather than this...

So for example, most vendors turbo kits include a 3" downpipe... So if you go and get the cutout put into the 3" downpipe, and your wideband is near the top of the downpipe... Shouldn't your AFR's be the same on the 3" cutout as if it was on a 3" turboback? Because when the Wideband is reading it is at a 3" point anyway.

Your AFRs will change on how the efficent the exhaust is. I would tune the car with the cutout open. It will just run a little rich when closed. No biggie.

This is my next mod on my list. I have had QTP products before on previous cars and cant wait to get this on my Evo!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:01 PM

on a bone stock 06 will the check engine light go off with the rear o2 not seeing anything and will the rise in boost damage the motor without a reflashing or tuning or will the ecu relearn the afr?....kinda scared to buy this product without knowing all the details on the after effects....i really want it but if i have to dyno tune, it will be something i would need to consider, as i am not ready for much more than a drop in filter and exhaust due to lack of funds
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Silver fly
When the valve is closed the check engine light should not go on. Most customers have the CEL tuned out. It is not necessary to get a tune to run the down pipe on a stock car. To get the most out of the car we recommend a dyno tune. But you can do that later. No worries about damaging the motor.
I see you are NJ, you can stop the warehouse and see the downpipe for yourself. We are in Midland Park, NJ.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Quick Time
Silver fly
When the valve is closed the check engine light should not go on. Most customers have the CEL tuned out. It is not necessary to get a tune to run the down pipe on a stock car. To get the most out of the car we recommend a dyno tune. But you can do that later. No worries about damaging the motor.
I see you are NJ, you can stop the warehouse and see the downpipe for yourself. We are in Midland Park, NJ.
We do have a sensitive knock sensor so it could be setting off if it is too close.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I log a lot of that data, including knock, in my car, and it doesn't off-set the knock due to the loudness. Most of the knock I see are around 2-3, both open and closed, sometimes more so in the closed position.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

We are just a couple of days behind on orders right now. So if anyone orders a downpipe it wont go out for a couple of days. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver fly
and will the rise in boost damage the motor without a reflashing or tuning or will the ecu relearn the afr?
There is no "learning" done in open loop. Any increase in airflow, either due to increased boost or increased exhaust flow, will be read by the MAF. The ECU will richen the target AFR as the airflow/rev goes up. It certainly won't get leaner, provided your fuel system is adequate.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
From what QTP said my downpipe got shipped out today for my 06 MR, i'm real excited, i can't wait to get it on. A couple years ago, on my 97 GSX with a 50 trim, i had QTP's Y pipe and cutout welded into a custom DP with a 3 inch high flow cat after the Y and all i have to say it is was nasty. Closed it was a lot quieter with a high flow cat on there but open it was real loud, but spool up was sooo much faster and the noise from the turbo was sick. Butt dyno definitely enjoyed it. I'm also getting a new clutch and flywheel installed next monday so i should have the QTP DP on hopefully by next thursday and i'll let you guys know how it is.

Quick Reply: Introducing the QTP Electric Cutout Downpipe