Notices
View Poll Results: Would you be in support of the proposed reform to the Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Kit?
I would support this reform - I'd probably order
93.75%
I would not support this reform - I'd probably not order
6.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Orbital Announcement and Poll - Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattytuck411
Rich, Your proposal sounds great. I am another satisfied customer that bought an EVO IX with the intention of installing a nav package right off. I will have to admit though I had ordered a Metallic finish kit in February 2007 and didn't get a grain kit until September. I was just happy that I got a kit at all when I heard that you were discontinuing production. I have to say that I had my heart set on the metallic finish, so I spent the extra time and money to fix that. I love the product, and I can only imagine what an improved model would be like. It would be a tough decision for me to trade in my old kit after the added expense, especially if you would only be offering a grain kit. I know that you previously had problems with your painter but my advise would be to explore bringing back both kits. If the new production process is so much better, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. I know there is probably a lot more to that discussion, basically I just want you to know you have my vote, and possibly another order! Keep up the great work!
thanks for the support matt.

unfortunately, it's quite the contrary though - the availability of another texture/finish will require the manufacturing of two different versions of the kit - one with the 3D texture acid-etched into the tooling and another without - now you're talking extreme capital, which we cannot invest. moreover, the additional issues we're trying to correct with backorders and leadtime will be arbitrary, since we'll be at the mercy of whatever company we use to prep and paint the bezels.

i feel it's best to stick to the method i mentioned a few posts up regarding a third-party vendor offering an option to our kit in the form of an overlay of some sort with a variety of finishes (carbon, metallic, etc.) to give the end user more options and allow the manufacturing to be realistically cost-effective to move forward with production.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

if i was to order directly from the orbital site, any estimated availability.

im looking to buy a new headunit and if i can't get your 2 DIN soon, I will be buying a single din headunit

i really want to buy a navigation system but if i cant get this i wont be purchasing one because i really cant stand those ugly flipups.

hopefully i can order it from you soon.
thanks
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

what about the metallic finish? I would be interested only if you brought those back. I know i'm just one person but i hope that I can sway you in bringing back the metallic finish. I never liked the black grain on my dash to begin with and I dun want my entire console to be so dull and monotonous. Again, just my opinion. Please bring back the metallic finish.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

wow this sounds great
i ordered one but was put off after ac couple of months and still no ETA figures, so i just got refunded.
hopefully this will go through and i will get one.
GL richard
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, mine isnt installed yet, just waiting on the Nav unit. So ilike stated above depending on the cost for repeat buyers/or an exchange i would be interested in the new ine and would be curious as to see the improvments
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone that seems to be commenting seems to already know what you're talking about. Maybe some pics for the under informed/uneducated would spark more response. I realize I no longer have an Evo so my opinion wouldn't count anyway but even if I did I wouldn't want to read that giant first post without knowing what I was reading about. Just, an idea...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:52 AM
sly
Evolved Member

yeah i would also like to see pics too
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I jumped on the Orbital bandwagon right from the start of it but had to pull out because of paypal problems, Rich Im not sure if you remember but now that Im considering this product again I would say go for it. I still have the money set aside in my account for it.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:15 AM

I would definitely pay the upgrade cost to get matching material.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

i would upgrade if the kit matched the mitsu dash like you say. I had a kit a year ago, and I just purchased another one 3 days ago. I have always thought it was one of the best interior mods you can do to the Evo.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

is there any vendors that have any in stock right now?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
Account Disabled

Nope. Your 1 day late. 201 Moto just sold out....
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

Any idea when this newer updated site might be up and funciontal Rich?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would definitely be in for it..
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

I would be all about the exchange to a higher quality finish for repeat customers. This is great news! Hope it comes about, especially with all you have put in to it.

Quick Reply: Orbital Announcement and Poll - Please Read!