Notices
View Poll Results: Would you be in support of the proposed reform to the Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Kit?
I would support this reform - I'd probably order
93.75%
I would not support this reform - I'd probably not order
6.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Orbital Announcement and Poll - Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Any pics of concept images? That of course is going to ultimately determine whether or not people buy.
our current kit is as close to any of us will get to a concept.

like i said, the proposed manufacturing reforms would improve the quality, match, fit, and availability.

you've already seen what i've developed with this kit and what people have to say about it. i'm simply offering us all an opportunity to drastically improve what we have already done.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'd be on-board. I was looking at getting one previously, but the lack of availability lead me to abandon my plans.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:48 PM

i would exchange mine for the new and improved kit!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sxhawnn
what about the metallic finish? I would be interested only if you brought those back. I know i'm just one person but i hope that I can sway you in bringing back the metallic finish. I never liked the black grain on my dash to begin with and I dun want my entire console to be so dull and monotonous. Again, just my opinion. Please bring back the metallic finish.
+1 on the silver finsh . I am not a fan of the black either. Rich, if all goes well with no hitches, what is the ballpark ETA for the new kits?

Last edited by Skywarp; Dec 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old Dec 29, 2007, 05:28 PM
hcj
Evolving Member

am in let us know when it is available
Old Dec 30, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Well i ordered a kit from your Site just haven't received anything from you yet in my e-mail saying you have any in stock or a tracking # at all. only thing i have gotten in my e-mail is my info about how much my order is, and the price everything came out to. please get back to me (Rich)
MIKE
Old Dec 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

I dunno why I'd want to buy a new piece. The fit and quality of what I bought (the full silver kit) is good enough. Unless there's some drastic improvement like a better shroud for sunlight I can't imagine why I'd want to pay for something else. I already blew $400 on the pieces I have, and this is only because this was the only option I had on the market to give me an oem fitment for my 2-din stereo.

Good luck with the venture but it sounds like a complete waste for me as a current owner of the old design.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

backn up with a TTP!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:22 AM

Bring It Back! Bring It Back!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the current Orbital 2-DIN kit. I agree with the others here that I was a bit disappointed with the color/texture-matching and the fit. However, the ability to use a 2-DIN head unit far outweighs the cosmetics.

Depending upon what the upgrade price is, I would be very likely to upgrade. However, (unlike last time) I'm not willing to put down a deposit for tooling costs until I read some favorable reviews of the Gen2 kit.

Rich - if you decide to do this, what is a rough ETA when the first units would be available? My guess is ~ 6months, based upon what you went through with the first kit?

Another idea -- the kit wasn't quite as "simple" to install as I thought it would be from reading other people's write-ups. Since this product is intended to go mainstream you might want to provide more detailed instructions. Add FAQs, better descriptions, illustrations, photos, etc. for all the difficult parts of the installation, like how/where to bend the metal brackets, tips on how to unclip/reclip the A/C cables, possibly an install video? If you can refine the install process you might have more success getting Best Buys/Circuit Citys to bite.

Good luck,

RedAustinIX
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedAustinIX
Another idea -- the kit wasn't quite as "simple" to install as I thought it would be from reading other people's write-ups. Since this product is intended to go mainstream you might want to provide more detailed instructions. Add FAQs, better descriptions, illustrations, photos, etc. for all the difficult parts of the installation, like how/where to bend the metal brackets, tips on how to unclip/reclip the A/C cables, possibly an install video? If you can refine the install process you might have more success getting Best Buys/Circuit Citys to bite.

Good luck,

RedAustinIX

+1 this really needs to be a mainstream product, with circuit city etc, but i don't see that happening with the price tag. Not sure how mainstream people would expect to pay that much for injection molded plastic.

I would prefer the silver finish, but would be ok with the grain if it matched perfectly.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the old 2 din kit and i was happy it arrived at my house because i never got a tracking number. i called to see what was up with my order. then when i installed it the instructions was pretty straight forward. but when finished the install the HVAC didnt fit right, the buttons got stuck and the stickers didnt fit so it keeps popping off. so i gave you another call and pm u on the forum never got a reply back for the warranty of the HVAC. after all of this I would like to see a better version of the 2 din kit and if u are willing to honor your craftsmanship warrarty i will support u 100% all the way. i would like to see the improved version out

GL

Huy
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

i'd support this product 100%! i've always wanted one of these kits. i emailed you guys and you said you were still taking orders so i've been trying to save as much money as i could so i could buy one soon, but if this product will still be available later on with an improved quality and lower price i'd be willing to wait for that. i'm also partial to the metallic finish (similar to the stock finish around the radio/hvac) so please make that available!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I'd personally would love to see this come to market... I'd purchase one right away
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

I currently have one of your kits and I think it would be a good idea to reproduce the kit in new more updated model. I would be interested in buying the new kit for a reduced price and I hope the deal goes threw. Let me know as soon as it does. Best of luck

Quick Reply: Orbital Announcement and Poll - Please Read!