Notices

Exedy Stage II clutch for the EVO X Courtesy of AMS!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008 | 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Exedy Stage II clutch for the EVO X Courtesy of AMS!

About a month Back Exedy asked us to test a clutch for them that they had been working on. The idea was simple, A stage II clutch that matched the holding power of their Stage II EVO VIII/IX Counter part.

Well we have had the clutch in the car for a while now and Its working great. We even threw one in Ryan Gates' Blue Time attack EVO X and he is LOVING IT! The power holding capacity is great too. Ryans car is putting down about 400whp and 440 Ft/lbs. You can read more about his car at www.gates311.com

We have this clutch in stock and ready to ship:

$665.00 Click Here to Order!!

Old Jul 11, 2008 | 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

I do have this in my X, I like it. It is very streetable and so far has held up great. I didn't break it in "properly" with its first miles being at Autobahn Country Club, but even so, it's working very well. I ran in in Utah @ Miller a few weeks back and in 116* heat it held all day. Great mod, especially if you are making more than stock power and tracking your car. The stocker WILL start to slip after a few hard events. If you have any questions, let me know, would be happy to go into more detail.

Ryan

P.S. Thanks for the website shoutout Eric See ya on Thurs.

Last edited by BlackTrack; Jul 11, 2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

^....nice. Share some love in MN Ryan!
I'll def be looking at upgrading...once I get to half the power Ryan makes (lucky local....you know)
We def need to road trip to Chicago sometime with the X's and see what we can do!
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Any word on their twin plate cerametallic? Standard and heavy duty?
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Did you have to readjust the pedal..its kinda hard for me to get out of first sometimes. The clutch engages really high. I, too have a X with this same clutch. I am kinda afraid to launch the car..
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

The X has no pedal adjustment.
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 05:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Maaan, I thought this was the twin disk thread. Maybe next time.
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
I do have this in my X, I like it. It is very streetable and so far has help up great. I didn't break it in "properly" with its first miles being at Autobahn Country Club, but even so, it's working very well. I ran in in Utah @ Miller a few weeks back and in 116* heat it help all day. Great mod, especially if you are making more than stock power and tracking your car. The stocker WILL start to slip after a few hard events. If you have any questions, let me know, would be happy to go into more detail.

Ryan

P.S. Thanks for the website shoutout Eric See ya on Thurs.
Ryan,

I have a ton of questions about this clutch..I hope you can spare a few minutes.

Is the wierd engement of the oem clutch gone? Does it still engage so high on the pedal? Is there any chatter? How light is the pedal pressure? Did you or do you still have a 1-2 shift notchiness? Do you have any high rpm lockout?
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I am not sure why you seem to have this quote "wierd engagement" issue because mine doesn't have any inconsistency issues and I have two friends that have Xs and theirs feels totally fine as well.
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Ryan,

I have a ton of questions about this clutch..I hope you can spare a few minutes.

Is the wierd engement of the oem clutch gone? Does it still engage so high on the pedal? Is there any chatter? How light is the pedal pressure? Did you or do you still have a 1-2 shift notchiness? Do you have any high rpm lockout?
I had never felt the weird engagement, can't relate. It does engage high up, I like that though. There is some chatter if you don't rev much to take off, but its nothing bad, normal for a sport(y) clutch. 1-2 still notches once in awhile, but I switched to Amsoil fluid, I think that helped a ton. No high RPM lockout. Anything else?

Ryan
Old Jul 11, 2008 | 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
I had never felt the weird engagement, can't relate. It does engage high up, I like that though. There is some chatter if you don't rev much to take off, but its nothing bad, normal for a sport(y) clutch. 1-2 still notches once in awhile, but I switched to Amsoil fluid, I think that helped a ton. No high RPM lockout. Anything else?

Ryan

Great!

The wierd engagment is more like a inconsistency to where the clutch fully engages. MIne start to engage 1/4 way up and grabs in the last 1-2".
However, sometimes that point seems to move a bit.

Can you eloborate a bit more on the amsoil results? You could PM me so we don't go to OT with this thread.