Notices

Wicked CAS Makers of EVO Magic Box Sub enclosure. Customers Cars Show off.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested!!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make it please. extremely interested
Old Aug 8, 2008, 05:09 PM

Count me in on the double din too! Been waiting forever for Orbital!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

did you guys finish making a replica of it yet?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ribbie78
i'm VERY interested. Had a refunded pre-order ticket from orbital. Can you buy their mold and just run with it?
Their mold sucks, BTW. Fitment is off at best, you have to do a little "sanding" to get the buttons on the climate control to not foul the lower lip of that piece...the grain is awful. OEM it ain't. I paid their selling price for it back when you could sorta get it. I had the same feeling when I actually saw it in person the first time as when you open the Cracker Jack toy...except it came out of a 300.00 box of Cracker Jacks.

To Wicked CAS: IF you can make one that has a 3D grain that matches, has color that is not 5 shades off, has OEM fit and seam lines, and will deliver something to the EVO VII-IX community that is of a legitimate quality, I will DONATE my Orbital double DIN kit to you to aid in development. This is a serious offer, in front of the whole community...NO BS I would loan my whole car if I was in the south NH area, gladly...but at least I can offer this. PM me if interested.

DO NOT PM ME TO BUY MINE...I AM HOLDING ON TO IT AS A MONUMENT TO UNFULFILLED PROMISES!!!! IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO WICKED CAS FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES IF THEY WANT IT!!!

Last edited by WhiteEvo05; Aug 9, 2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

This may be a little off topic, but can't the orbital kit be treated with a different finish to make the OEM look or any look for that matter? Just wondering because I'm in the process of buying a used black finish orbital kit and my plan was to have it modified to look the way I want it.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

When you actually see it, you'll know what I mean. Maybe yours will be better quality than mine is. Yes, you can skim coat it, sand it, sand it some more, paint it/vinyl it/encrust it in rhinestones and sink another 300-500 in it unless you are mega handy and have the time and space to do it yourself. No double din kit is worth sinking 500-600 in.

IMO 300.00 should've gotten a piece that was OE quality.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Wicked CAS took me up on the offer. Sending my Orbital kit out to them today.

Let's give them the space and time to come up with something that is worthy of our cars...i.e. don't hound them every five minutes with, "Are you done yet...how much...I'm dying here." Mmmmmmkay?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
When you actually see it, you'll know what I mean. Maybe yours will be better quality than mine is. Yes, you can skim coat it, sand it, sand it some more, paint it/vinyl it/encrust it in rhinestones and sink another 300-500 in it unless you are mega handy and have the time and space to do it yourself. No double din kit is worth sinking 500-600 in.

IMO 300.00 should've gotten a piece that was OE quality.
Good point!!!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Double Din!!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I am working in conjunction with Wicked CAS to create a Dual din kit with HVAC Relocation and we are trying to gather information as to what everyone is looking for. We want to know your thoughts/ideas....Finish texture? Color? Smooth finish? Textured? Somewhat of a installation skill required or Easy bolt on? ETC. ETC....

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!! I need to put together a list of people that are wanting one.

Also,

Any input is greatly apprecitated, Please PM ME!! NOT Wicked CAS!!!!!! as they are already working very hard on this trying to get something put together, we do not have a price yet or expected finish date so please give them a little time to get something in the works, and if we have any new information at all we will let everyone know.

So like I said... PM me and let me know what exactly everyone wants, do we want different color options, totally OEM look to it?? Do we want it to be as easy to install as possible or would we mind if it took a little bit of skill??

like I said, any suggestion/input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff (BalistiK_EvoIX)

Last edited by BalistiK_EvoIX; Aug 9, 2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: More Information
Old Aug 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

IM down for the double din kit
Old Aug 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Intrested... sent ya a PM as well Balistik.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you mean by skill? If it requires cutting our dash up then forget about it. If it is adding bracket and the look outweighs the installation time and hassle then yes make it nice. Also as for finish I like OEM but I have been thinking of a brushed aluminum look.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Mmmm can't wait. Def interested.

Quick Reply: Wicked CAS Makers of EVO Magic Box Sub enclosure. Customers Cars Show off.