Notices

Jestrtuning.com soon to have full Evo X Flash

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jestrtuning.com soon to have full Evo X Flash

Not sure if he wants me to post this yet or not but I'm pretty well pumped about this so what the heck ... Well folks looks like we're days away from having a full Flash available from Jestrtuning . My guess would be that within the next 2 weeks or so he should be ready to take on customers . We have been working with Jestrtuning closely to aid him in anyway we can . Because of our long term testing of the 4b11 ( 17,000 miles and most of that at 30lbs ) and countless hours of data logging along with Jestrtuning's proprietary Flash program we can all expect nothing but the best from Jestrtuning in the weeks to come

At last I can be tuned

I just can't wait , I'm as excited as a fat girl in a $2.99 buffet line .

Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

+100 Jestr Tuning is without a doubt a class act tuner and I wouldn't think twice about having him tuning your car.

He tuned our car and it feels GREAT
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

I got a mail in flash from him on my VIII and it finally made my evo feel like an EVO... can't wait to check it out
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So will this be with ecuflash open ecu w/ tactrix cable or ecutek or a new reflash tool?
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:22 PM
Fomer Vendor

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
So will this be with ecuflash open ecu w/ tactrix cable or ecutek or a new reflash tool?
He will be using the tactrix cable, with software he developed and wrote.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Cost? So I'll be able to use the same tactrix cable I used on my evo 8? Will email or mail-in flashes be available? Pm me some details!!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xtremeboost
Not sure if he wants me to post this yet or not but I'm pretty well pumped about this so what the heck ... Well folks looks like we're days away from having a full Flash available from Jestrtuning . My guess would be that within the next 2 weeks or so he should be ready to take on customers . We have been working with Jestrtuning closely to aid him in anyway we can . Because of our long term testing of the 4b11 ( 17,000 miles and most of that at 30lbs ) and countless hours of data logging along with Jestrtuning's proprietary Flash program we can all expect nothing but the best from Jestrtuning in the weeks to come

At last I can be tuned

I just can't wait , I'm as excited as a fat girl in a $2.99 buffet line .

Frank, and John,,,, congrats you guys have done great,,,, i am sure alot of work and long nights.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by apagan01
Frank, and John,,,, congrats you guys have done great,,,, i am sure alot of work and long nights.

Johns Da man , heres another toy we're working on for him to play with

Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Frank, you got your cards together. keep up the good work.

xtremeboost great customer service nice prices and great outcome.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:58 PM
Fomer Vendor

Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
Cost? So I'll be able to use the same tactrix cable I used on my evo 8? Will email or mail-in flashes be available? Pm me some details!!
Of course John@JestrTuning will have to give those specifics, we are just really excited to get tuned by him. I'm sure he will give an announcement when he is ready to unleash the fury.

The cable is not the same as the 8/9's.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
bump for great guys. Class act for sure with always great results.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kerr
He will be using the tactrix cable, with software he developed and wrote.
Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
I'm going to get verification, but I am certain that the cable is NOT a Tactrix cable. May be it is, but I'll ask JestR later. Anyways, the goal here is to flash the X with the stock ECU in the same fashion they flash the EVO VIII & IX. JestR had the cable custom made to fit the CAN bus (since it's not ODB II like the EVO VIII & IX's are). Once the cable was made, JestR started doing what he does best and started hacking the ECU. Within a few weeks/ months of the EVO X's being out, JestR could already look at the maps, data log it with no problem. Frank, how long ago did he data log your X? Wasn't it like more then 6 months ago if not longer using the stock ECU! He's been diligently working on the software/ GUI interface much like ECU Flash so you guys can flash the X's like the old VIII's and IX's. Also, from my understanding, you MR guys are in luck, as the SST transmission based cars have a map for each gear and will be able to fine tune them the way you want them.

I will let JestR answer all of your questions as I don't want to steal his thunder, but the best parts of what he's working on aren't even relieved yet
Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Great news. Been waiting for this for a LONG time now.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
Account Disabled

[QUOTE=LilRico;6084422] Frank, how long ago did he data log your X? Wasn't it like more then 6 months ago if not longer using the stock ECU!

Great question Rico , thanks for asking .

John gave me the software and cable within days ( about 5 1/2 months ago ) after I got the car, the car now has 17,400 miles . Yeah that was the best thing we could've done and the reason I've been running 30lbs+ for months now .
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

I stand corrected. The cable was supplied by Tactrix. I got confirmation from JestR.

Quick Reply: Jestrtuning.com soon to have full Evo X Flash