Notices

The new DDS3v10 by Aquamist - now shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% correct.

This is of course using the DDS3v10 for the HFS-xx.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard L
The HFS-3 will replace the HFS-5 one day. I think I will rename the HFS-3 to HFS-7, just to give people the impression it is going be better.

I have no idea when this is going to happen, if it ever will. The market is not ready for another system yet.
Richard,

I'm confused. Is the new version above what you're describing as the HFS-3?

Which is the current top of the line, and what is the HFS-3?

Thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Adding the DDS3v10 into an existing HFS-xx does not alter its prime function. No price change.

Question, anyone:

The numbering of our next product should depend on the following:

1. Better algorithm than the HFS-5 = higher HFS-xx number (no disagreement)

2. What if, better algorithm than the HFS-5, but at lower cost. Should we use higher or lower HFS-xx number?

Last edited by Richard L; Nov 9, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1 & 2. higher
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Import Junky
I'm assuming VividRacing will be one. I know Sean Ivey sells the current ones but he's a tuner, not sure if he's a vendor on here.
We are a vendor, and aquamist dealer/installer.

Sean
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:42 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome Richard!

I'm guessing that using this junction box on a HFS-5 kit would basically reduce the overall cost because it eliminates the extra module. With that in mind, I would call it HFS-3, as you have said. Yes it is probably superior to the -5 because of the reduced wiring needed, but from a price perspective the lower number (and it being halfway between -1 and -5) make -3 sound good. Or maybe HFS-4?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have received my DDS3v10 kit from Richard and I am in the process of installing it. I finished mostly everything this weekend but I just need to button some things up and then test it all out. I decided to pretty much re-do all the electronics in my car while doing the install so things took a bit longer, but everything should be a good deal more organized.

The v10 kit is very nice as it gives you a lot more failsafe options and it also makes the install easier. The design of the new kit allows me to reduce a lot of the wire clutter I had accumulated over the years behind my glove box.

Expect to see finished install pictures later this week. I will also be updating my install document to reflect any needed changes.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26

Expect to see finished install pictures later this week.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

I too like Dudical26 have known about this and think it is a step in the right direction towards a "plug and play" system.

These are the reasons the Aquamist kits are far superior to any other kit on the market! I look forward to the possible release of these HFS-3/HFS-7 kits. Not just for the DDS3-v10 but other possible advancements in injection technology made by ERL and displayed in the "new kit" ! Will just have to wait and see!!!

Anyone who wants a Aquamist system the HFS-5 with the DDS3-V10 LMK and will set you up. Its the system to own! Thanks!

Evan Smith
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I am really looking forward to giving the v10 a try. A just wanna list a couple nice features that I noticed during the install.

- the gauge is now thinner, and display is in flow % rather than cc. Makes more sense for a kit with user selected nozzles.

- The plug and play feature of the gauge makes the insall easier, and the new plug and play cable is thinner than the old one, making it easier to snake around places.

- The junction box includes a teset jumper, I have used this in creating my test switch. This is more simple and more logical than hijcaking the IDC singal feeding to the kit as was previously dont for a test button.

- The circuit board includes a calibration pin, this simulates water flow and allows easy gauge calibration and setting of the failsafe window, I am eager to test this.

- The elimination of the FIA2 means less space is needed for the install, and much fewer wires to have to deal with. I am a neat freak, so I love this!!

- A map switch pin outputing 4.7v for VERY EASY integration with tephra alt map patch. All you need is ONE wire to connect to the ECU for alt maps.

- The case for the junction box is much more robust and solid feeling.

There is a whole lot more stuff that is new, but these are the first few things that I have noticed while doing the install.

More good things to come.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:48 AM
Former Sponsor

JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR!

This is not an "upgrade" you can buy and just add to your current kit! This is a full replacement of your DDS3, your Gauge, your FIA2 and the wiring. This should be asked to be included/added when you purchase a New HFS-5 kit. Or ordered if you want to clean up some wires, your current DDS3 will work just as good and provide the same results.

This was for ease and simplicity. The Aquamist HFS-5 is the "best" Aquamist system to buy. "Waiting for a new kit" will be like waiting for cancer to be cured. IF the new kit does come out it will only provide more ease and be more user friendly to the average home installer, other than that injection concept will be the same as the HFS-5

You will have to replace your Fia 2 your gauge and redue your kit just to install this. Retail is $311 These are not being stocked "YET". This is just being released. PM for EVOM Pricing. Feel free to ask questions!!!

Thanks!!!

Evan Smith
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Combine the FIA2 into the v10 is a positive step forward in reducing cost and installation time - But we can only go so far on cost until we replace the HSV, it is by far the most expensive component. You can see the difference between the -1 and -5.

Until the economy improves, we design our kits to match the market. Reducing installation time is one of the major criterion.

The HFS-5 will always be the best kit as far as mirroring thr IDC is concerned. Future aquamist kit will never top it.

Last edited by Richard L; Nov 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

rich can you pm me uk delivery pricing for a complete v10 hfs-5 if thats the correct wording