Notices

Wilson Manifolds R&D Plans for 2009

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indy...great talking to you today about your and 9sec9's future together with the R&D and testing of products. We at EPM are excited what the future will come for us all. It is a great time to be in this Evo Game. So much innovation left to do so that we all can go faster, safer, and have an overall better performing Evo. We wish your new venture all the best, for we can look back on your track record and what Indy and 9sec9 have accomplished in such a short time. Who can't but be excited for you and Tom and Wilson Manifolds.
Know that EPM are in your corner........if you ever need anything you had better give me a call....

You guys stay tuned; Indy and 9sec9 and Wilson Manifolds have some great things in the works....
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec9
Like, "richuncleleftittoyouforyourdynoandbuilding"?
No, more like...

"I, Tom Powell, want a piece of land zoned [FILL IN BLANK] in [FILL IN BLANK PART OF TOWN] with a lot approximately [FILL IN BLANK LOT SIZE] for $[FILL IN BLANK DOLLAR AMOUNT]. Said lot will accommodate my shop and my [FILL IN BLANK HOPEFULLY EDDY-CURRENT DYNO] perfectly."

Seriously, try it out and post it on the fridge. Think of it as a thought experiment
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks very much Q.. By everyone working together, we all move forward together. For those who want to take the time, PM me for any ideas that you've always dreamed, but never were able to see built. There's not a single one of us that has all of the ideas. The ideas come from necessity. A good brew doesn't hurt any either.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe our town fathers will just donate the land to me, since so much notoriety will come to Edmond, Oklahoma, home of the....well I started to say DUST BOWL, but we Sooners are a little sensitive about anything that has BOWL in it.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Tom, I think we might get Scott to do this for us http://www.bahraingateway.org/index....nt.home&id=265 ... 750,000 acres should get the job done. What do you think?

Last edited by Indy Evo; Feb 9, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

2.6 metric tons of Aluminum per day? Let's see, if a manifold weighs 3900 grams or so, that would be....naught from naught makes naught, carry the naught, no that's not right. Are you sure that's going to be enough?

*somewhere in those 150,000 pieces, there's got to be a manifold hiding.

Last edited by 9sec9; Feb 9, 2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys, but 2 glasses of wine and the wife is calling me to bed,
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I figure we could have our own 1/4 mile test track under roof, next to the shop, but after thinking about it I think you are right we better ask for something a little bigger just in case.

Seriously guys, thank you for the support.

Q, I'll let you know if we can make that supply route a little better to deal with. I know a guy that can make things happen.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Feb 9, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
I figure we could have our own 1/4 mile test track under roof, next to the shop, but after thinking about it I think your right we better ask for something a little bigger just in case.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
With a relationship like this I am sure the R&D parts wise will be pretty bad*ss. Very much looking forward to your Wilson Manifolds Bolt On Performance component line. Congrats guys and good luck with the new relationship.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Best of all, we plan to do this with the least amount of bolt on components necessary and retain the vehicle as close to stock and emissions compliant as possible.
Great news for us Cali guys!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec9
I haven't posted too much, out of respect for all of my friends within the issue. David is still one of my best friends. Obviously, Indy is not only my close friend, but also one that I pass ideas and 'what if's' by on an EVERY DAY basis. For an old timer that never had a good opportunity to prove my talents, David allowed me to fulfill my dreams of achieving an original goal.

I remember when I very first came to these forums and decided to call myself 9sec9. I heard about it for several of my first posts. I'm sure some of you remember. I had to tell fellow EvoM'ers, "No, I've never run a 9, that's just my goal". Riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttt! What a dreamer. You know what? David let me see my dream become reality. WE did it. Not one of us, but ALL of us. Along the way, Indy came into the picture and with a pencil, a piece of paper, a can of WD40, the ability to 'glue' some aluminum together, etc, he improved on something that he hadn't even looked at a month earlier. We had V1 lift off. It impressed David, me, and everyone else that someone could take a PRE-DETERMINED shape and turn it into something more powerful. NOT ENOUGH! I can fix it better, and he did. V2 arrived. Davids times dropped from crazy to plain ludicrous. All of a sudden, we had a 9 second list! Not just a single car, but a list! Then, other ideas became reality and before we knew it, there were parts being made that previously were never needed or conceived.

Today, there's plenty of credit both deserved and earned among all of the projects. The Wilson Manifolds decision to get further into the SportCompact market is a natural progression. All companies do it. Some products may conflict with existing products, others will be so innovative that only God himself may have conceived them. It is my intention to continue on the same path, using known successful engines, products, ideas and only deviate when one of those large resounding WHAT IF's becomes reality. I feel very fortunate that I have been given an opportunity to be a part of tomorrow's Evo community. I've already seen my goals come true, now I'm simply working tomorrow's dreams. I have not, nor will I ever, discount what got us here. I sincerely hope that those who pushed me to where I am, are there to push me further, when I reach back for a hand. Thanks for those of you listening to an old fart, just having the time of my life.
tom

Tom, all the best with your new ventures.

I greatly respect you and your entire family and fondly remember our first meeting in Texas.

I hope to see you in Ohio in August.

Al
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Q, I'll let you know if we can make that supply route a little better to deal with. I know a guy that can make things happen.
PLEASE! I've seen how frustrated the EPM guys get with the current supplier ... it's insane that some people are still in business with customer service like that. Sorry ... off the soap box.

Indy, I'm really looking forward to the new Wilson products. Maybe one day I'll be able to run some on them on my car ... we'll see. Your experience and innovation really is a benefit to the community. Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Thnxx Indy.....we all appreciate your efforts for not just EPM but for the entire Evo community. We all can't wait to see what you and 9sec9/Tom come up with.....
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Q, I have three seperate sources for the parts, I should have something for you very soon. Thanks, Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Feb 10, 2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Wilson Manifolds R&D Plans for 2009