Notices

Speed Corps - Closing Temporarily - New Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Speed Corps - Closing Temporarily - New Owners

Both John and I have been running Speed Corps for the last couple of years with our one underlying attitude "no bulls**t". So on that note I'm just gonna tell you guys what is going on with us as a company.

Over the last year or so John has had some health issues and has been struggling to keep up with the demand of running 2 businesses. A lot of you may have noticed a lack of communication from him. This isn't him being a douche, it's due to the health problems. I have been doing my best to keep track of customer orders and keep in communication with everyone, however this is only a part time job for me and it demands full time attention. Because of my time constraints I've been unable to keep up with everything, and for this i apologize.

Speed Corps is going to be closing temporarily. We are selling the website and will spend the next couple of months transferring ownership of the site. I will continue to work for Speed Corps with the new owner for the first few weeks to get things set up, and introduce everyone to the new owners. We will be taking orders for the next week or so, so if you have anything you need to buy, now is the time to buy it.
I don't know 100% when the site will re-open as that will is down to the new owners.

The manufacturing of the 4G94 manifold has unfortunately been canceled. We tried to stall the manufacturer as long as possible, but due to the lack of pre-orders we had to cancel. Everyone who pre-ordered the manifold will be issued a full refund. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, I know a lot of you guys where looking forward to this manifold, but there just isn't enough demand and a lot of people have bailed on their orders.

This is something we really don't want to do, and have been putting off for a long time. Both John and I have put a lot of work into Speed Corps and have enjoyed being a part of the lancer community. Unfortunately due to John's health, and the increased demand at my full time job, this is something we have to do.
We want to thank all those who have supported us as a company over the last couple of years, and anyone who has ordered parts from us. Speed Corps started out as a small website with little to no attention. But with a lot of hard work and support from the community we have been able to transform our business into something successful. The fact i see people constantly recommending us to others for parts makes both John and I very happy and proud. I hope you guys can show the same support for the new owners when they re-launch the site.

Both John and I will continue as EvoM members, but at the end of the month will be canceling our vendor account. So any questions will have to be emailed to us and open discussion on the forums won't be allowed.
We are both still happy to continue to give people advice on their cars and help out with your questions.

Thank you

David Wanless
david@speedcorps.com
Old May 12, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope that John gets well and i thank you both for your efforts. You guys did a great job at speedcorps and you all should feel proud of all that you have accomplished.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man if i wasnt in the military i would come work for you guys to keep you open...