Notices

HeadGames cylinder head rebuild package..FREE SHIPPING!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ to follow up on that post. I already have the RRM port and polished head, but its only a mild head job. But its ok for now. What I want you guys to this THIS month is to completely rebuild the valvetrain to be able to handle over 600whp and 7200 rpm's . than during the summer port and polish the head very aggressively.

can you guys do the valve train on the 4g69's head? or is there a number i can reach you at?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have zero experience with that head, but we have set world records with heads that we never seen before they did so. Happy to help!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Do you guys gasket match the 4g63 heads when doing a full port job
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Walt
Do you guys gasket match the 4g63 heads when doing a full port job

that's a negative. Tried it on the intake side, and were not satisfied with the results. It's not were the restriction is where I will leave that at..

And absolutely not on the exhaust! We have seen it done, and cannot believe someone looked at that and thought it was a good idea. It also makes prone to cracking, and there is water everywhere on that side.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HeadGames
that's a negative. Tried it on the intake side, and were not satisfied with the results. It's not were the restriction is where I will leave that at..

And absolutely not on the exhaust! We have seen it done, and cannot believe someone looked at that and thought it was a good idea. It also makes prone to cracking, and there is water everywhere on that side.
Thats some good info, iwas just wondering because i have my head off and doing arp studs new head gasket and was thinking about cleaning up the chambers. When i took the EM off i noticed how much material was around the gasket and thought that it was alot. I know when porting imports u shouldn't take much material out and was just wondering. thanks again
Old Jan 28, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by E85evo8
Dave, when are you going to post up the pics of my head that you just did the updates on? My Headgames evo 8 head is being installed as we speak. I would have #'s to post up soon, but I sent out a bunch of parts to TiradoCustomCoatings for powder and their "super ceramic" coating...I will have new #'s for you on my previous setup vs. my new setup w/Headgames race head.

Just wanted to bump this thread up. I dropped my head off to Headgames not to long ago, and i cant wait to get it done! the pictures are making me drool lol...

well, did this guy ever get his motor together and post before and after dyno's? Very interested in that. A guy about 2-3 posts before that one said he gained 50-70 WHP and tourque over a previously ported head. Thats huge.

Dave your the man, and a well-deserved bump. You guys reading this need to jump on this deal. They do head work for Import Tuners insane motor builds. The guys on the forums need to get this deal. I jumped on it instantly.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave, you have once again provided me with a quality, great performing head that has exceeded my expectations! You're three for three on three completely different platforms for me!

Headgames FTW!

Philthy's EVO 8
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Last edited by Levar; May 5, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
Just wanted to bump this thread up. I dropped my head off to Headgames not to long ago, and i cant wait to get it done! the pictures are making me drool lol...

well, did this guy ever get his motor together and post before and after dyno's? Very interested in that. A guy about 2-3 posts before that one said he gained 50-70 WHP and tourque over a previously ported head. Thats huge.

Dave your the man, and a well-deserved bump. You guys reading this need to jump on this deal. They do head work for Import Tuners insane motor builds. The guys on the forums need to get this deal. I jumped on it instantly.

I switched dyno's unfortunately as my original #'s were on a DD's dyno w/a CF of 1.2 and made 565whp/422wtq. on stock evo 8 head and GSC 272 cams. I then switched to the Headgames race evo 8 head w/all the trimmings and Kelford 272 cams and made 617whp/5xxwtq? This was on a awd dynojet. My final #'s with Buschur's sheetmetal IM were 636whp/539wtq....hope this helps!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by Levar; May 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

sorry...totally missed your post!

It is $1299 for the head ported and you supplying parts. We do price match parts, so we can get everything you need, (except the springs, unless you get our Ferrea beehive package) or get them from SBR if that is assembling the long block.

We have never installed the GSC spring package, so have no recommendations on that. But, for the valves we recommend stock size Ferrea 6000 series valves.

Honestly didn't check the shipping, but should run more then $40 on the way back
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by Levar; May 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
Good. Right now I'm still resourcing for the GSC springs but I don't have any emotional attachment to them. I just want a set of springs that I know will keep things in line as I'm sure to be in the upper RPM range with the 2.4L engine. I haven't found any valves either as I prefer private seller deals instead of buying directly from a vendor. I've heard good things about HeadGames as I'd never heard of your crew before. In the title of the thread, it says, "FREE SHIPPING". Am I missing something? So, assuming that I send you only my head and allow HeadGames to work their "magic", what would I be looking at price-wise for the entire round-trip? I want to get things all lined up planning-wise as getting the 2.4L installed is my first priority. Thanks.
did you send them your head? i guess your planning to since your sig is already updated lol. they will take care of you for sure.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

we ship you a box to put your head into..and it comes with a return label. You pay return shipping. It's in the first paragraph of the first post. Sorry if you feel it's misleading
Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

I would say that a BR built 2.0 or 2.3ltr short block w/a fully race prepped Headgames evo race head is the way to go as far as the best "bang for the buck" and performance!!! If my locally built 2.0ltr ever goes then its a BR stroker/Headgames head w/a HTA 3586r...NICE work Dave/Headgames!!!

Quick Reply: HeadGames cylinder head rebuild package..FREE SHIPPING!!