Notices

HeadGames cylinder head rebuild package..FREE SHIPPING!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this deal still going on? I need some head work. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggie5252
Is this deal still going on? I need some head work. Thanks!
Still going...might be a permanent thing...
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

guys thank you for the over welming support..as we have a slew of Evo cylinder heads to work through at this moment! Which, helps the guys who just need the rebuild as we set all the machines up to do the Evo's...and there will be heads on the shelf for exchange coming next month!!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

definitely didn't know you guys were so damn close, right around the corner. Would drop off service be available?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:22 PM
Former Sponsor

certainly, but by appointment only
Old Apr 1, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

I have the valve job/rebuild being done as i type. I opted for the exchange as this is my daily driver and down time is not a good thing for me. I also went with the ferrea valves and guides as Dave suggested. I will let you all know the results! I'm a stickler about keeping track of A/F and inj duty etc so i will know if i have gained some power just from the valve job. I do expect some gains as there is a lot to be gained in just this area of the EVO cylinder head.

Dave was very informative on the phone and a good guy to shoot the sh*it with as well I'm very picky about what i run on my car and who works on it to say the least... But Head Games have proven themselves time and time again and they come highly recommended by a good friend of mine from AMS so I feel comfortable and look forward to a great end result!

Adam Blevins
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Walt
Do you guys gasket match the 4g63 heads when doing a full port job
bigger doesnt mean it's better. It all about the the even flow.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Philthy748
Dave, you are the man!

AGreeeeD
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Update!!

Well i got my head back from Dave at Head Games in a very timely manor with GREAT customer service to boot!

I threw the head back on the car with no other changes from when i sent it off... Did a pull on same boost level as i did right before i took it off "37psi" And where i had it tuned at 11.9-12.0 A/F was now 12.8-12.9 A/F from around 6500RPM to 9K so a whole point in A/F leaner!! That's the power gods telling me we have more power!! Re-tuned the A/Fs back down to 12.0 A/F and car feels great! The ambient temps were also about 30 degrees warmer then my last log on the stock valve job cylinder head as well.

I haven't had a chance to get it back on a dyno jet but by what my VDR is reading "which is amazingly repeatable and accurate how i have it setup compared to the dyno up at AMS" im up a solid 35WHP even in warmer weather conditions. Very pleased!

PS. This was my same exact cylinder head. I didn't do the exchange as i had planned as Dave was able to get my head out to me quickly.

Last edited by Colt4g63; Apr 18, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

wow...that is just nuts!

Can't wait to see dyno numbers, as we have never done a back to back test on this. Most of these rebuilds we have done have been for a fresh motor, or spring and cam install. Never just a rebuild on a car that was already making great power. Thanks for the feed back!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is done differently for a Evo head going on a 4G64 block? I've heard the combustion chambers need to be reworked? Is there a cost difference for the full port work on the 4G64 combo compared to the same head going on a 4G63? Do I need to send you the valves and springs or can I just send you a bare head and install the valves, springs, etc myself? I would only have you do the port work, replace valve guides, and install the viton valve seals.

Josh

Edit: Sell me your 87 T-Type!!!!
Old May 5, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK. So I have a '91 Talon TSi. It has 186K on the motor/head and I'm looking to have some head work done. I'm not looking for anything remarkable (like turning water into wine) as opposed to just some really nice work. Can I have some work done to my 1G DSM head just so that I'll have some added peace of mind as my build proceeds? I have not bought any springs or retainers and I'd go with what you recommend. For the valves, I'd prefer just to stay with the standard size but they need to be upgraded. And for the valve guides, the bronze will work for me as well. What do I need to do in order to have this drawn up and a box sent to my address for quick return? Thanks.
Old May 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmelocik
What is done differently for a Evo head going on a 4G64 block? I've heard the combustion chambers need to be reworked? Is there a cost difference for the full port work on the 4G64 combo compared to the same head going on a 4G63? Do I need to send you the valves and springs or can I just send you a bare head and install the valves, springs, etc myself? I would only have you do the port work, replace valve guides, and install the viton valve seals.

Josh

Edit: Sell me your 87 T-Type!!!!
does the 64 block have a bigger bore? Just not familier with the mods to do this, but we can reshape your combustion chambers for your combination. If you have a headgasket that would help us marking it out. Pay attention to what ever piston you got coincides with opening up the chamber..meaning, see what the calculated compression is with what size chamber. Most manufactures give you that info.

The Buick has been around since I was 15..it would be hard to part with it, as I have many $$$$$ into it, and only 42K miles! But everything has a price!lol It used to go 10's and very streetable. She has had her motor out since 04'..here she is the last time I took her out of the garage to clean it.

Originally Posted by pure_evo
OK. So I have a '91 Talon TSi. It has 186K on the motor/head and I'm looking to have some head work done. I'm not looking for anything remarkable (like turning water into wine) as opposed to just some really nice work. Can I have some work done to my 1G DSM head just so that I'll have some added peace of mind as my build proceeds? I have not bought any springs or retainers and I'd go with what you recommend. For the valves, I'd prefer just to stay with the standard size but they need to be upgraded. And for the valve guides, the bronze will work for me as well. What do I need to do in order to have this drawn up and a box sent to my address for quick return? Thanks.
you should call us...609.882.3211
Old May 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HeadGames
does the 64 block have a bigger bore? Just not familier with the mods to do this, but we can reshape your combustion chambers for your combination. If you have a headgasket that would help us marking it out. Pay attention to what ever piston you got coincides with opening up the chamber..meaning, see what the calculated compression is with what size chamber. Most manufactures give you that info.

you should call us...609.882.3211
the 4g64 has a 1mm bigger bore.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

still rocking it!

Quick Reply: HeadGames cylinder head rebuild package..FREE SHIPPING!!