Notices

Wilson Manifolds Limited Edition 9sec9 spec W2.3+ intake manifold.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wilson Manifolds Limited Edition 9sec9 spec W2.3+ intake manifold.

After talking it over with 9sec9, we have decided to release the exact intake manifold he has been running to the public. This is the same manifold 9sec9 has run with the FP White, Green, Red, 35 variants, and soon the stock turbo. 9sec9’s manifold has been digitized and this limited production run will be built in Wilson’s new facility. These will be offered for a retail price of 939.00 plus core and shipping.

Wilson was the first to extensively modify the stock Evo manifold. Since the introduction of Wilson's modified cast intake there have been a few similar intakes introduced to the market, but none that match Wilson’s quality and performance. Using the stock casting provides perfect fitment, reliability, and keeps the factory emission controls intact.

There have been many changes at Wilson Manifolds this year. Expanding the facility 100% has brought forward production and automation technologies that were not available last year. The benefits to the Evo community are, high quality components at affordable pricing due to these new procedures and technologies.

Now you can have the very same intake manifold 9sec9 runs. The first production run will start the first week of August. PM me to get on the list as this is a limited production item. Thanks, Indy

Just a few photos of the new facility.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jul 30, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:46 PM
Account Disabled

No pics of his mani at all?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Indy,
All I know about 9sec9's car is that it is a beast so excuse the question:

Does the W2.3 designation of this mani indicate that the manifold is designed/optimized for use with a 2.3l stroker (or is it just a model number)?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i like all that modeling/CM/CNC they all allow for accurate pieces that perform consistantly.

good job INDY
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ThAt shop is insane!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a clue of whats done to it with pics would be good
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

CoachG, I'll answer that if it's ok. The 2.3+ is a model number basically. The V2 (now W2) came out and was tweeked and improved for more horsepower, which sometimes became referred to as the V2.3. The V2.3 not only improved the low rpm and midrange over the V2, but also slightly improved (6 whp) the top rpm range. Then, for our car, we wanted more power all the way to 9K+ and the Wilson engineers did more calculations and created our 1 off manifold. The V2.3+. No other manifold, ever, from Wilson was like ours. It not only keeps the gains in the midrange, but greatly improved the 7000-9000 rpm range. Now, Wilson has duplicated our manifold exactly as we run it, no differences except they have automated the process while still using the human touch to finalize the job. I was very proud that Wilson Manifolds would duplicate what we had originally requested. During one of the final dyno sessions, we made over 730 whp, with the highest power being made at the highest RPM. It continued to climb until shutdown. This is the real thing, not a hype job. The power is designed into the high rpm range as can be seen on the following dyno sheet. Not our maximum power achieved, but I think it speaks for itself.

Our Wilson Manifolds W2.3+ as shipped to us, before installation.

Below is one of the early pulls on the dyno. After this, we made nearly 30 more whp before deciding to complete the tune at the track.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
$939.00 + shipping...not too bad...I see you are trying to compete price wise with some of the other heavily ported stock manifolds...very nice...
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

I think, even though Wilson Manifolds is very well known among the domestics, not too many knew of them in the Sport Compact market. All you have to do is look at the NHRA Pro Stock Class and you'll often see Wilson Manifolds decals. The Summit Racing Team runs Wilson Manifolds. These are big, big programs. Top Fuel and Funny Car teams use Wilson Manifolds. They can bring a lot to the table. To be honest, I was surprised at this recent developement of the 9sec9 spec manifold. My 'spec' was 7000+ rpms and higher horsepower. Beyond that, I was clueless.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9sec9
I think, even though Wilson Manifolds is very well known among the domestics, not too many knew of them in the Sport Compact market. All you have to do is look at the NHRA Pro Stock Class and you'll often see Wilson Manifolds decals. The Summit Racing Team runs Wilson Manifolds. These are big, big programs. Top Fuel and Funny Car teams use Wilson Manifolds. They can bring a lot to the table. To be honest, I was surprised at this recent developement of the 9sec9 spec manifold. My 'spec' was 7000+ rpms and higher horsepower. Beyond that, I was clueless.
If I remember correctly there was a little more input and a lot more data involved than that .

A Wilson Manifold just set the new NA Honda drag record in the past month, Greg Anderson and Jason Line drivers of the KB Racing NHRA Pro Stock cars sponsored by Summit Racing have run Wilson Manifolds from day one. Rob Manisfield at Wilson Manifolds drove the third KB car and dialed in the very car Greg Anderson is driving in competition this year. The guys at KB still call it "Rob's car". He is the owner of an Evo 8 and has started down the mod path which includes an R&D intake manifold we are testing for street cars.

John Force Racing has an exclusive on the latest billet intake manifold technology that comes from Wilson Manifolds for NHRA Funny Car's.

Kalitta Motorsports uses Wilson Manifolds billet intake manifold in NHRA Top Fuel.

These are just a few of Wilson Manifolds customers, top teams in all forms of motorsports depend on the cutting edge designs coming from this shop to stay on the leading edge of technology.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jul 31, 2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you EvoM forum members, five manifolds sold in one day .
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Thank you EvoM forum members, five manifolds sold in one day .
Damn...very nice...congrats...wish I had the funds available...hopefully soon... Looking forward to seeing some tests & reviews from these customers with more mild setups compared to 9sec9's car...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Even More Innovation from Wilson Manifolds. Indy keep the Evo Parts coming. And it's good to see that 9sec9 is going for more records....we can't wait to see what you guys have in-store for 2009.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:58 PM
Account Disabled

very cool of you guys to bring this to the masses...it's hard to argue with your results. How about some TB suggestions to mate up to this?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Damn...very nice...congrats...wish I had the funds available...hopefully soon... Looking forward to seeing some tests & reviews from these customers with more mild setups compared to 9sec9's car...
06MREvo, this is the same manifold that we used on the Green, the Red and the HTA86. It's not so much that the car has to be built to the n'th degree, it primarily needs to 'operate' in the manifolds RPM range. Our RPM range at the track was 6500-8500, 7000-9000 and 7500-9500 on each of the turbo setups. The stocker begins to bail out around 6500 where the W2.3+ just begins doing it's work. The operating range is the key.

Quick Reply: Wilson Manifolds Limited Edition 9sec9 spec W2.3+ intake manifold.