Notices

NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010 | 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by A4 TSCHUSS
Any updates on this thing? I can't find crap anywhere on the internet of people using this turbo with some kind of results.

Force-Fed are there any plans of dynoing at a lower "daily driver friendly" boost level (high 20s or something like that) when you guys get around to it or just at crazy high 40psi levels on race gas?
ditto!!
Old Jan 25, 2010 | 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

This is actually my whip that Force-Fed is doing... With that said, I have given them free rein to do with it as they may. I can honestly say that 28-30psi is about what we are shooting for to get the best gains possible. First on pump, then with E85. We're still waiting for pistons to get back for the treatment.. The turbo and fixins have come in already. Im not sure if Force-Fed put up pics on the build thread.. Ill check it out, and if not, Ill post a few. I have checked for results as well from other builders and have come up with zilch. Hopefully they can get it running soon, but of course this takes time. I realize there are more than a few people awaiting results. Patience is a virtue, and this will deliver.. I have spared little on supporting parts and obvious personal choice with builder. It's a coming fellas... keep your fingers crossed.. You know I am..
Old Jan 25, 2010 | 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

I just installed the 6057 ETS kit. I still need to get the car tuned but so far I am happy with the spool time. I start seeing positive boost at 3000 rpms.

Hopefully will have some more updates in a week or two.
Old Jan 25, 2010 | 11:09 PM

I'm really curious to get a review from you how your 6057 is working out.

Are you on stock MAF and ECU?
What size intake pipe?
Did you go with DBB or Journal?
.63 or .82 a/r?
Built block or stock? 2.0L?
Cams?
Super Value manifold or full length?

Anyway best of luck to you and congrats on the sweet turbo kit, make sure to take plenty pics and keep us updated.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 12:19 AM

I guess the problem for me is choosing between the 5857 and the 6057 in terms which will give me better area under the power curve.

I am a little confused as:

Physically the compressor of the 6057 has more blades (7 compared to 6) and is larger (60mm vs 58mm), so theoretically it should be heavier and have more drag therefore reach max boost later???

What differences are there between the two turbos in terms of 'driveability' ie which will boost up quicker mid gear?

We're told the 6057 should make more hp at lower boost and throughout the rev range than the 5857 if using less than 30psi, so doesn't this imply that it has more 'useable' power at this boost level?

Any help clearing my confusion would be helpful!!
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

It has already been recommended that if you are looking at the 30psi level and under and want power throughout the rev range, then go with the 5857. the 6057 has not been proven to be as effective while giving up on spool. If you are looking for top HP, then go directly to the 6262 or 6765. My whole reasoning for selecting the 5857 BB was specifically to run 28-30ish boost on pump and spiking up to 35-37+psi on E85. Those figures on boost are relative until we can start testing on the dyno. Engine is totally built as well.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 04:21 AM

I talked to Justin Norris from Precision and he told me they did a comparison between their 5557 and the 5857 on a 2 liter EVO RS and the 58 made 574whp on a dynojet at 27psi from what he said.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

do you remember if that was on pump or other fuel?
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by luvnish
I'm really curious to get a review from you how your 6057 is working out.

Are you on stock MAF and ECU?
What size intake pipe?
Did you go with DBB or Journal?
.63 or .82 a/r?
Built block or stock? 2.0L?
Cams?
Super Value manifold or full length?

Anyway best of luck to you and congrats on the sweet turbo kit, make sure to take plenty pics and keep us updated.
Thanks! My mods are...

* Stock MAF and ECU
* Injen Intake Pipe with stock BOV
* Journal bearing with .63 a/r
* Completely stock motor - no cams
* Super Value manifold

For my goals Mike @ AWD convinced me to go with the 6057 since my motor is completely stock and did not want to run 40psi. I'm not planning on building the motor or doing any more mods. I did not want to go crazy with this car since it is my daily and wanted stock drivability. (for that I have the Supra )
I will mostly likely not be pushing the motor too much over the 500whp range.

Will post once I have it dailed in.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
do you remember if that was on pump or other fuel?
He didn't say any specifics about the car, just what I had listed is all he said in a reply email.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by A4 TSCHUSS
He didn't say any specifics about the car, just what I had listed is all he said in a reply email.
Gotcha.. was just curious.. hope to have some updates of my own very very soon.. Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:08 AM

Thanks! My mods are...

* Stock MAF and ECU
* Injen Intake Pipe with stock BOV
* Journal bearing with .63 a/r
* Completely stock motor - no cams
* Super Value manifold
Not much in terms of bolt-on's then. I wonder what would be a good cam to go with your set-up?
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by YBboost
I guess the problem for me is choosing between the 5857 and the 6057 in terms which will give me better area under the power curve.

Physically the compressor of the 6057 has more blades (7 compared to 6) and is larger (60mm vs 58mm), so theoretically it should be heavier and have more drag therefore reach max boost later???

What differences are there between the two turbos in terms of 'driveability' ie which will boost up quicker mid gear?

We're told the 6057 should make more hp at lower boost and throughout the rev range than the 5857 if using less than 30psi, so doesn't this imply that it has more 'useable' power at this boost level?

I've been having the same problem. There's no back to back testing done to support any of the claims.

Some say the 7blade design supports more power at resonable boost levels. But then someone else would say that the 6blade 5857 would spool a touch quicker and have more useable power throughout the rev's no matter the boost, but then still making more power at high boost because of it's design. So, if the 5857 has more "useable" power throughout, and more peak power at high boost, then what's the point of the 6057? I refuse to believe that though. Seems that the 6057 has been fitted to more cars like on Honda S2K's and Dodge SRT-4's, with pretty good results.

However what we do know is that the turbine wheel on both are the same, so based on the housing, both will spool very closely. The 5857 is around a 60 lb/min flow and the 6057 is 63 lb/min, so you can see which should make more power.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by YBboost

Im not an engineer and i dont have much advice as far as theory but i can tell you that your theory is incorrect from the testing we have done..

7 blades make more HP LB for LB up to a certain amount where the 6 blade turbo takes over at higher pressure ratios.. Sometimes its 40+ psi..

The rear turbine wheel dictates the spool not the weight of the front wheel.. You can have a heavy front cast wheel 62mm and turbine wheel 62mm and it will outspool a a light aluminum 62mm with 65mm turbine.. Its a fact..

Each motor design has different uses for the Turbine wheel sizes.. I personally do not like to use turbos like 6265 where turbine is larger than compressor.. that setup showed 0 gains in HP pver 6262 and only laggier.. However other appks such as supra seem to be benefiting by the 65mm rear.. maybe a v8 would as well.. again i am not an engineer and i only know what i test on evos..

what i have seen on the Evos are 6 blade make more power at HIGH BOOST than 7 blade.. the 7 blade make more power up to that high pressure ratio.. thats assuming the turbos are somewhat equal.. not like taking a dinosaur 35r and testing against a 6262.. the 6262 kills that turbo in every way from 5psi up..

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jan 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

which is exactly why we chose the 58 oover the 60 for our build, it is going to stay on kill mode all the time

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!