Notices

NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010 | 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by From 3 to E
sooo, WOT + 7600rpm + 13.1afr and you still kept on it..? not sure if i can say i would be doing the same haha also, power is in the tune. (since you said you didnt notice too much more power against your old setup) spend an afternoon tuning and it should feel good
My wideband gauge is acting up right now so I didnt see it start increasing and obviously wasn't watching the screen of the laptop to see rise there. But yes I let off at 7800rpm and was 13:1 at 7600-7800.

I didn't notice a substantial difference which is what I was expecting, but I am not real good at gauging changes that well anymore with the speed the car is at now.

As far as tuning, my car isn't like your car where you can just hook a cable to it and start tweaking away on the stock ecu, that is only possibe with a program that just recently came out from one tuner. My tune is pretty good though (normally runs 11:8 a/f and has a peak requested timing at WOT of 21* (I run 93 and meth injection).
Old Mar 27, 2010 | 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
A4 TSchuss,
are u still on the 1.8 os is that on a 2l?
for the write up btw
I am 83mm bore, 92.8mm stroke which is 2008cc (2 liter).

Oh and if you guys roam over to Audizine.com I would say tomorrow night or maybe monday and look in the B5 A4 projects and builds section or the b5 s4 section somewhere you will find the results of a shop called 034 Motorsport that just installed a .82 ball bearing 5857 on their time attack car a few days ago, they have a tread in there right now showing the start of this project, I don't know if they are going to add to that or make a new post. They were going to be dyno tuning the car yesterday and going to the race this weekend and then reporting back with all the info on how they did and their dyno graphs after the event. They are running on a 2.2 liter using this turbo.
Old Mar 27, 2010 | 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by A4 TSCHUSS
As far as tuning, my car isn't like your car where you can just hook a cable to it and start tweaking away on the stock ecu, that is only possibe with a program that just recently came out from one tuner.
yeah, Evo open source tuning is the THE best thing since sliced bread (coming from a car where piggy backs have issues running, i feel your pain)

EDIT:: sorry to thread-jack, bump for dyno's
Old Mar 27, 2010 | 12:25 PM

Little edit. My turbo is fine, I was just paranoid last night. The smoke was just grease burning, it doesn't do that anymore and my oil level was fine, the oil light was actually a low pressure light. I drove the car again for like 12 miles and it didnt come on and stopped for a few minutes and took off again and it then flashed one time and went away. I think that is just a sensor acting up and not an actual problem. I just need to figure out the fueling issue now. I did some logs at 26psi and air/fuel made it up to 12.1:1 and at 28psi it was at 12.7:1, my car usually runs at 11.8:1 so maybe these 830cc injectors arent big enough.
Old Mar 28, 2010 | 09:49 AM

Hope you get your problem sorted out. It's probably a fueling deficiency as you mentioned because the 5857 is going to flow a lot more that the 30R on top.

Did you ever get that bolt tightened?

Anyway I just got in my turbo so it should be on in a few:

Thanks again for the turbo Mike, will let you know how things shape up when I install it.
Old Mar 28, 2010 | 12:00 PM

No I didn't get the one on. I am going to have to take the whole turbo out of the turbine housing and bolt it on first so I can tighten the one nut. Let me know if you have an issue like this.

I have bad news though. I went out to run a stage 3 B5 S4 last night at 26psi since that is all I can run right now due to the fueling. Well I didn't have my intake on the turbo since I couldn't get it to fit and something hit the compressor wheel so my brand new turbo is screwed already. Now I gotta find out how much it is going to be to get a new compressor wheel put on which sucks big time. I also ended up with an exhaust leak after the gasket blew out from that one nut missing.

Old Mar 28, 2010 | 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

daaaam! sorry to hear that dude. that really blows!
Old Mar 28, 2010 | 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

wow, that's the kind of luck I usually have...hope things work out for you!
Old Mar 28, 2010 | 02:24 PM

Damn, so sorry to see that kind of thing happen

Hopefully Precision doesn't charge you an arm and a leg to replace the wheel.

I was also thinking that since that one bolt was not tightened that you would have a leak and the wideband could show leaner than it really is. I also wondered if the gasket could blow out, sucks to come back on here and see that it did. Sucks even more about the compressor.

Hope you get it sorted man, and get a filter on there next time, no excuses!
Old Mar 29, 2010 | 02:51 AM

No I didn't get the one on. I am going to have to take the whole turbo out of the turbine housing and bolt it on first so I can tighten the one nut. Let me know if you have an issue like this.

I have bad news though. I went out to run a stage 3 B5 S4 last night at 26psi since that is all I can run right now due to the fueling. Well I didn't have my intake on the turbo since I couldn't get it to fit and something hit the compressor wheel so my brand new turbo is screwed already. Now I gotta find out how much it is going to be to get a new compressor wheel put on which sucks big time. I also ended up with an exhaust leak after the gasket blew out from that one nut missing.
Old Mar 29, 2010 | 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by q_dubz
laughing at someones misfortune? your knock knock knocking on karmas door my friend
Old Mar 29, 2010 | 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by q_dubz
Wow, I recognize your name from Audizine in the B5 build section, but have no clue who you are. Not sure what is funny about any of this. You must be a real piece of work...........
Old Mar 29, 2010 | 08:17 PM

And an update for you guys, they haven't posted the graph yet but 034 Motorsport said they dynoed their time attack car I mentioned earlier. They ended up putting stock cams back in the car after having an issue with a cam gear on the cams that were in the car. After some tuning they dynoed it at 23psi and made 480whp. This is on a 2.2 liter, stock cams, 5857 .82 a/r
Old Mar 29, 2010 | 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

And an update for you guys, they haven't posted the graph yet but 034 Motorsport said they dynoed their time attack car I mentioned earlier. They ended up putting stock cams back in the car after having an issue with a cam gear on the cams that were in the car. After some tuning they dynoed it at 23psi and made 480whp. This is on a 2.2 liter, stock cams, 5857 .82 a/r
very nice #'s!
would love to see what this would do at that psi on a 2l.
anyidea what type of dyno this is "Pro" 1000 AWD Chassis Dyno"??
i saw it on the 034 site..
http://www.034motorsport.com/index.p...33ulgshsmtvtd1
Old Mar 31, 2010 | 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by From 3 to E
laughing at someones misfortune? your knock knock knocking on karmas door my friend
misfortune? More like stupidity. Lets recap...instead of ordering the proper filter or hell going to advance auto or autozone and getting some cheap 4" filter to place on the turbo you run with out. Instead of doing what you had to do to get all four bolts tighted on the turbine inlet you left one out? THIS IS A $1400 TURBO. You took a ballsy chance and expect pity? I'm not a piece of work, just honest. With that said, i hope it doesnt cost too much.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE!! Precision Turbo Billet 5857 Turbo w/ PTE Cartridge!!!!